80 replies to this topic

#1 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

Just thought I'd share some knowledge here :( Personally I think the Avatar and Ryoken are going to be the real stars, but the Daishi is quite beastly.

http://www.mechlivin...-release-media/

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 21 June 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#2 maxx2504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

Hi !

The Daishi looks like the same crap in MW4. Its not original...and so it sucks sorry. So much i like the effort of the Dev's but this mod never can replace a full Mechwarrior game like MW:O.

maxx

Edited by maxx2504, 21 June 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#3 FLAKPANZER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

Thanks for the heads up Capper. Good stuff.

#4 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

View Postmaxx2504, on 21 June 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

The Daishi looks like the same crap in MW4. Its nor original...and so it sucks sorry.

I don't understand at all what you mean, the Daishi is a battletech universe mech. MW4 wasn't the first mech to have it, as it was also in Mechwarrior 2 (and maybe 3?).

#5 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDefiance Industries, Hesperus II

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

It doesn't look too good, the Daishi. Looks like a Masakari with a tumor. I thought this game was long dead B) I'm happy to see it still running and even releasing new mechs :(

Edited by Maxxinator, 21 June 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#6 McScwizzy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

View PostMaxxinator, on 21 June 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

It doesn't look too good, the Daishi. Looks like a Masakari with a tumor. I thought this game was long dead B) I'm happy to see it still running and even releasing new mechs :(

Why does everyone rag on MWLL? I am happy to see multiple games based on the MW universe. The mod never was dead nor long gone. There are MANY people who play, me included. MWLL is a different game compared to MWO. One is combined arms, the other is strictly mech combat. I will be playing both.

#7 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

I respect the MWLL team, however... I can't play their game.

Tanks are far too Overpowered to make Mechs worth taking... and every time I play, my team seems to NEVER focus on the tanks, and I get completely obliterated by some low cost tank running dual AC20's... it's rediculious!

#8 LogicalTightRope

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

Nice! A bunch of new stuff coming! Can't wait till 0.5.7, looks awesome, with the arm movement and stuff. Plus, mech skins and cammo, no more plain looking mechs =)

View PostJade Kitsune, on 21 June 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

I respect the MWLL team, however... I can't play their game.

Tanks are far too Overpowered to make Mechs worth taking... and every time I play, my team seems to NEVER focus on the tanks, and I get completely obliterated by some low cost tank running dual AC20's... it's rediculious!

Hm, I've never seen tanks as too much of a problem. They're slow as hell and can't follow mechs up hills, so they need to have decent weapons in order to stand toe to toe against a mech. Personally, the only thing that REALLY annoys me is aerospace units. More specifically, when they fly far above where you can shoot and straight-down divebomb you. Hardly ever will someone play dedicated AA and be good at it, so that's a big issue. That's why I like Palisades and Marsh, no Aerospace.

Edited by logicaltightrope, 21 June 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#9 Huscarl

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSaxony

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

Actually the best looking Dire Wolf i've ever seen. It looks POWERFUL, it looks MASSIVE! Not as ugly as previous concepts either :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Huscarl, 21 June 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#10 MausGMR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

View Postmaxx2504, on 21 June 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

Hi !

The Daishi looks like the same crap in MW4. Its nor original...and so it sucks sorry. So much i like the effort of the Dev's but this mod never can replace a full Mechwarrior game like MW:O.

maxx

It's also the Jaguars iconic assault mech, so your hating on your own clan there buddy. Well played.

And if your talking about this version of the Dire Wolf not looking like the canon one, have you seen how many different looks there are for the 'canon' dire wolf in the artwork? Do you even know what your talking about?

Edited by MausGMR, 21 June 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#11 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

View Postlogicaltightrope, on 21 June 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

Nice! A bunch of new stuff coming! Can't wait till 0.5.7, looks awesome, with the arm movement and stuff. Plus, mech skins and cammo, no more plain looking mechs =)

Hm, I've never seen tanks as too much of a problem. They're slow as hell and can't follow mechs up hills, so they need to have decent weapons in order to stand toe to toe against a mech. Personally, the only thing that REALLY annoys me is aerospace units. More specifically, when they fly far above where you can shoot and straight-down divebomb you. Hardly ever will someone play dedicated AA and be good at it, so that's a big issue. That's why I like Palisades and Marsh, no Aerospace.

The new aerospace stall mechanics, kind of changed that quite a bit. They can't just sit in your blind spot and bombing is now more of a running pass, then it is a high speed dive bomb. (I fly aero almost to the exclusion of ground assets in public games)

Edited by SJ SCP Wolf, 21 June 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#12 UnLimiTeD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

I think the Dire Wolf looks beastly.
I mean, that's just how it looks. What should they do?

#13 maxx2504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hi !

Wrong Legs, wrong feet. Not canon. I like the Daishi, but not this wrong thing. As a mechwarrior fan you must see that. If not...your fault sorry. Look at the pictures from Sarna.net. There is not one single picture where you can see those crappy wrong legs. And im not talking about variants...thats another part. Im talking about the Daishi itself. Read my text...

Original Daishi
http://fc09.devianta...asterofcaps.jpg

Sarna.net
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Daishi

MWLL Daishi
http://www.mechlivin...erelease-03.jpg

maxx

PS: Effort is good, original is better. Sorry MWLL

Edited by maxx2504, 21 June 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#14 SJ SCP Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

View Postmaxx2504, on 21 June 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Hi !

Wrong Legs, wrong feet. Not canon. I like the Daishi, but not this wrong thing. As a mechwarrior fan you must see that. If not...your fault sorry. Look at the pictures from Sarna.net. There is not one single picture where you can see those crappy wrong legs. And im not talking about variants...thats another part. Im talking about the Daishi itself. Read my text...

Original Daishi
http://fc09.devianta...asterofcaps.jpg

Sarna.net
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Daishi

MWLL Daishi
http://www.mechlivin...erelease-03.jpg

maxx

PS: Effort is good, original is better. Sorry MWLL

So what 's your opinion on FD's reimagings that so many of us enjoy? Those aren't good enough for you because they aren't canon?

#15 MausGMR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Posted Image

#16 Gouty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hahaha, I must laugh. Because if I didn't I'd cry

Maxx, if you angled the pic of the MWLL Dashi and removed the texture (left it grey), it would look almost identical to the Dashi in your sig!
Posted Image

Legs look pretty good to me too, a little different, but still good

I don't know why all MWLL threads immediately end up in, "MWLL is **** because it is a mod" "the mechs don't look right"

The MWLL mechs are closer to the canon than the designs we have seen from MWO so far (I think they have to be as close as possible due to their agreement with Microsoft). FD has been able to take far more artistic liberties. Is this a good/bad thing? NO. It's just different. I like the models of both teams for different reasons. I do wish people some would be less neckbeard about these points sometimes.

#17 Xarg Talasko

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

Really? REALLY? You felt the need to whine about that? I went back and looked through your post history. Despite all the changes made in the FD re-imagining concept art, the only thread you posted in was the BattleMech 4 - The Dragon thread. You didn't touch the others, and didn't even have a whine in that one.. but you go off about the feet being 90 degrees to the side on the MWLL Dire Wolf? You hypocrite. Did you have a big cry on MW4 forums about the Mad Dog having a chin turret?

MWO Dragon.
http://mwomercs.com/...2674#entry42674

Sarna link to canon Dragon art.
http://www.sarna.net...rand_Dragon.jpg

Didn't have the guts to complain about changes from the canon in this one, or the others for that matter, eh?

#18 Xarg Talasko

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 21 June 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

I respect the MWLL team, however... I can't play their game.Tanks are far too Overpowered to make Mechs worth taking... and every time I play, my team seems to NEVER focus on the tanks, and I get completely obliterated by some low cost tank running dual AC20's... it's rediculious!

Hi there, let me introduce you to this funny thing called Battletech. Perhaps you've heard of it?
For reference, we have the tank you were complaining about
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Demolisher
Cost         2,151,000 C-bills
Armament    2x Autocannon/20
Tall, squat, and using four treads, the Demolisher has a well-earned, though sometimes exaggerated, reputation as one of the most deadly vehicles on the battlefield. Designed to counteract the increasing scarcity of 'Mechs during the Succession Wars, the Demolisher became popular, especially on worlds where BattleMechs were not available.
Aldis designed the Demolisher to be able to destroy any 'Mech, which was what appealed to the customers. The initial run was well-received, with hundreds of Demolishers being bought by 'Mech-deficient planets.
Sounds like it's working as intended, and fully in-line with your experience. If anything, the tank that killed you in MWLL is probably overpriced compared to the canon costs of the tank vs most 'Mechs.
Edit - wow the forum is eating this one alive with formatting.

Edited by Xarg Talasko, 21 June 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#19 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Keep in mind the Demolisher has absolutely terrible maneuverability, so sure it can take a beating and give it back in good measure, but its extremely limited in combat roles

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 21 June 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#20 maxx2504

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostGouty, on 21 June 2012 - 08:44 AM, said:

Hahaha, I must laugh. Because if I didn't I'd cry

Maxx, if you angled the pic of the MWLL Dashi and removed the texture (left it grey), it would look almost identical to the Dashi in your sig!
Posted Image

Legs look pretty good to me too, a little different, but still good

I don't know why all MWLL threads immediately end up in, "MWLL is **** because it is a mod" "the mechs don't look right"

The MWLL mechs are closer to the canon than the designs we have seen from MWO so far (I think they have to be as close as possible due to their agreement with Microsoft). FD has been able to take far more artistic liberties. Is this a good/bad thing? NO. It's just different. I like the models of both teams for different reasons. I do wish people some would be less neckbeard about these points sometimes.

I talked about the LEGS (<- read)...and in my sig you don't see any legs. So what you said is just pointless ;) And why all Thread end up to MWLL is bull**** is because there are people who wanna see canon mechs. If you don't understand that...i can't help you. Its my opinion about MWLL and it won't change. So don't offend me please :angry:
If you like MWLL than play it long as YOU want and have fun. Once again...i respect the work of the MWLL team, but i don't like the mod. End of discussion.

maxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users