Invalid Password

2 replies to this topic

#1 IceBear

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

I upgraded my PC to Windows 8 yesterday and today I try to play MWO and I keep getting an invalid password error. I am sure the password is correct, but I click on Forgot Password and nothing seems to happen. Just wondering if there's an issue or if it is related to my upgrade?

Edit: The other odd thing is when I go to my profile I see there are some blank forms (can't remember if they used to be filled in or not) but I am not allowed to edit anything. Makes me think there's a server issue (except the big green ONLINE box) or something happened to my account.

Edited by IceBear, 31 July 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#2 IceBear

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Well, I guess no one else is having this problem or there would be more threads like this. I have reinstalled and opened a ticket with support (still waiting). Didn't know if anyone else had any thoughts

#3 IceBear

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

So I got it resolved. The Forgot Your Password link here at www.mwomercs.com let me change my password and after that I could log in. Since my old password obviously worked to let me log in on the website I can only assume something changed with the client. I had generated a 20 character password with KeePass and the one I changed to was only 12 so maybe the client was cutting off the password?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users