1 Shot 2 Kills

16 replies to this topic

#1 Huntsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

No I don't have a screenshot, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I was piloting a Phract 3D with a ppcs against an enemy team that clearly contained a 4man of light mechs.

The enemy lights ignored me and focused on the brawlers, allowing me to shoot at them from a distance with a clear view of the fight, and without harassment. About halfway through the match, as these lights were zipping around in the fray, I pull the trigger with an alpha strike just as two of the lights crossed each other. Both go down.

I was holding shift at the time to lock my arms since I default armlock off, so it wasn't that. Pretty awesome but kinda weird. Anyone have a similar experience?

#2 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

You say you alpha'd? Then you fired several weapons unless that PPC was your only weapon. No mystery then that your several weapons could kill several enemies.

But well done all the same, must be a one in a million shot.

#3 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Done it before, pure luck, swept my ERLL across the torso of a dying stick of an Awesome while running and got him, and the last, like, 2 damage or something slipped off his right shoulder onto the chest of a Commando on the hill and cored him, too.

The props ( and flames) were epic ;)

One in a Million shot, I don`t think it`s happening again anytime soon.

#4 Huntsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Lasers are a different matter. I took out a mech by sweeping a laser across both severely legs before. PPCs all have the same trave time to target and deal their damage all at once. They should also deal that damage to a single point as long as the arms were locked, and they were.

#5 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

its possible if your weapon convergence is on the further mech. that fire from one of your arms was intercepted by the closer mech. while from the other arm it hits the further mech.

#6 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostTennex, on 15 April 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

its possible if your weapon convergence is on the further mech. that fire from one of your arms was intercepted by the closer mech. while from the other arm it hits the further mech.

This would be my vote... convergence putting those shots in two (very close) locations. ;)

#7 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Ive had a double kill 1X and seen another teammate do it 1X, I launched 60lrms at a jenner, he decided to run within spitting distance of his armoured friend a beat up atlas and when the hammer came down all that remained was a mangled pile of assorted mech sizes

#8 Ronan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

Any chance PPCs do any splash damage? I honestly can't make my brain work enough to remember... maybe the targets were really close together and you splashed the 2nd to death?

#9 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

I've done it a few times and have been hit by a friendly after the round went right through an enemy.

Not sure if it's working as intended or a glitch, but it happens.

#10 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

The most I've done is 3 in one shot. The bad part is one of them was a team mate of mine LOL!. They just happened to all line up at the same time when I fired. It was just a fluke, not a bug or anything like that it was do to weapon convergence. I fired 2 ERPPC and a Gauss Rifle all at the same time and none of the weapons were mounted in the same location. So each weapon would be traveling on its own flightpath to the target. Each one of the 3 Mechs must of lined up so that one of the 3 weapons being fired hit each target killing them all at the same time.

Edited by CutterWolf, 15 April 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#11 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

The exact moment a 'Mech is considered "dead", weapons pass through it. Thus, one well-timed alpha on lined-up targets can equal multiple kills. Ask Phil from NGNG - he accidentally shot Garth from behind an Atlas after killing the Atlas with his Large Lasers.

Edited by Volthorne, 15 April 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#12 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

Large Lasers are not a "projectile" shot though like a PPC. They do damage over the course of their firing which lets them pass through a dead mech to continue on to damage a mech behind it.

#13 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

B-Betty turns into like the unreal/mortal kombat voice.......kakakakakaka COMBO KILL! :(

#14 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

Yes I have done this with a single direct fire weapon, in my case the Gauss Rifle. Unfortunately the second 'Mech was a teammate in one of the 3 or so times I have done this.

#15 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

I was actually on the receiving end of something like this, and I'm not entirely sure how it happened.

The enemy mech was between myself and my team mate. team mate fired his streakpack (it was back in the day when streakapults were popular) and he killed both of us.

He still hasn't lived that one down.

#16 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

This happened to me while I was piloting a Hunchback-4SP. It was totally on purpose but I did not think it would work. A Cataphract and Hunchback were dueling with my homie and as they got close to crossing paths, I fired both SRM6's in my shoulders. They converged on both mechs as they crossed and both went down. Took it a second to fully register how awesome it was :(

#17 Volthorne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostMercules, on 15 April 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Large Lasers are not a "projectile" shot though like a PPC. They do damage over the course of their firing which lets them pass through a dead mech to continue on to damage a mech behind it.

Well, PPCs and Gauss have always had unintended side-effects from over-usage for a while now (such as Gauss doing TACs or dealing damage to rear armor when hitting the front - both absolutely suck).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users