Padic's Next Mech

3 replies to this topic

#1 Padic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hi all,

I have two mechs that I'm loving right now, my CN9-D (which I have mastered) and my CTF-3D (which I have elited).

I also have 30 million c-bills and an empty mechbay burning a hole in my pocket.

So instead of just blindly grinding out master on my Cataphract, I'm thinking I'd like to try a new weight class.

I have a AS7-D-DC that is ... alright, I guess. But I struggle with the limited mobility the chassis affords me.

I'm thinking I'd like to try a light mech. RVN-3L seems like the natural choice, but I figured I'd cast around for some other opinions. Spider pilots seem like they have more fun, and I definitely have not-so-fond memories of getting chewed apart by Jenners back in CB...

So, how about it, light mechers? - what should I buy, and why?

#2 Biggieboy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

If you want people to hate you, get the Raven 3L. even though it's better now, people will still curse you for it.

Spiders are good at harassing and drawing attention (nothing more annoying than a spider flying around)

A Jenner works wonders.

#3 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:42 PM

If you regularly drop with a group, I'd suggest a 3L. Generally whenever I drop in a four man I'm the only one with a 3L, and often I'm the only one on my team with ECM. Otherwise I'd take either a Jenner or a Cicada. Jenners and Cicadas can have very similar loadouts, the Jenner get the advantage of jump jets, whereas the Cicada gets the advantage of more armor. (I know a Cicada is technically a medium, but it drives like and is armed like a sturdy light.) If you decide to grind the Cicada there's the 3M option, no ECM option for the Jenner.

#4 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

Play a Jenner.

Why? Because that's the man's light mech.

PS nothing against Commando=/=2Ds and Spiders, but they can't be played like a medium mech can, Jenners and Ravens can kick butt and take some damage, Spiders and Commandos require a lot more avoidance than Jenners and Ravens do (who still need a lot of it). Raven-3L will make you a worse pilot, and the other 2 Ravens are terrible, but the Jenners are all good, and enjoyable to play.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 20 April 2013 - 04:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users