So I Just Did A Quick Experiment With Srms. (This Is A Trajectory Thread, Not A Damage Thread)

24 replies to this topic

#21 TungstenWall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Though not directly important (as almost no one uses SRM2s), you should still test SRM2s in the same way you did SRM4 and SRM6.
Just because it takes the same amount of volleys and less ammo doe not mean it is better. SRM2s are accurate and require very little ammo, but they are hard to use against moving targets, or when you yourself are moving.

#22 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 16 April 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Everyone already knows that smaller launchers have tighter spread.

Try the same experiment on the Atlas in the TG. Bigger CT with more Hp. SRM6s might kill it faster then.

What the total hp on a Cent? 50 armor + 32 structure = 82 total damage needed to kill a Cent's CT?

#23 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

The devs have already said they are suppose to be at a 45 degree angle. It will be worked on before live. As for now suck it up and drive on.

#24 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostBagheera, on 16 April 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

I try to avoid getting closer 100m of anything when piloting a fast medium with srms. Sure, if I get closer I get a tighter pattern, but I also open myself up to more damage or getting caught up on another mech - something I like to avoid.

On mechs I plan to play at longer range for SRMs, I just run Streaks. I like Artemis because I want to be able to make effective shots at a decent range and damn-near AC shots at med-short ranges, but if I'm running them at all, I plan to get up close and personal. If I know I'm going to stand off a bit, I prefer the ammo/heat efficiency of the Streaks.

#25 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 16 April 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure this isn't true.

It is true. Weapon recycle times in Training Grounds are not the same as in the game proper.

I didn't think so either until I was tuning my Jagermech 5xAC/2 macro. I'd set it up in the training grounds to get a constant stream of fire, and in battle it would fire it's 5, then pause for a bit.

So, at least in the case of AC/2's, they do fire noticeably faster in the Training Grounds. Incidentally, they therefore generate higher DPS and HPS there than they do in game too.

I'm not sure what else this applies to, but Thomas D has stated on a few occasions (search his posts) that there are a few... irregularities with how weapons work there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users