Help Frr Pilot Choose A Mech?

114 replies to this topic

#101 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

I almost have enough C-Bills for my first Victor. Trying to decide between that or a Seismic Sensor.

#102 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have been living without the sensor and kicking *** with the Victor ;) Great mech that set up right is maneuverable, fast (for an assault), and the AC20 for an up close punch.

#103 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:06 AM

:) A few minutes after I posted the query, Malzel talked me into the Seismic Sensor, and I like it.
I still want a Victor, but it'll probably take me the whole week to save up for it. Any recommendations for configurations?

#104 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

I have been running a big XL, max JJs, AC20 and 2LL in mine so far. Not the best setups but they have worked for me just got to keep an eye on temps. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...866148a256a7536 For my AC20 designs (what makes this nice is while leveling you get 2 mechs with the same gear to save money) and http://mwo.smurfy-ne...441911be54b4007 for my mini HeavyMetal mech. The Victor, so far seems to be XL friendly but it can be painful for your wallet.

#105 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Going a bit off topic from my original post, but now that I have a Stalker I want to try using TAG.

It's not evident from a forum search or from the Logitech web site: Can you get a Logitech keyboard to toggle TAG on?
I have a Logitech "Illuminated Keyboard" which I'm pretty sure is product number Y-UY95.

I can make TAG part of any weapon group, but most groups need to chain fire.

Edit: I downloaded Logitech's "SetPoint" software, and I would think that's a step in the right direction, but I really need to find some instructions for this s#!t.

Edit #2: I've downloaded the so-called manual...Maybe my keyboard isn't fancy enough to support macros and key toggles.

Edit #3: Got the AutoHotKey "Fire Control" GUI from evilC. I can toggle TAG on my Stalkers, now. :P
At first it amused me to see ECM mechs back off from my TAG laser. Now I'm more like "Take it like a man! It's your F-ing turn to take some hits!"

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 13 October 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#106 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Use Jagers young one & be happy!

#107 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Leopard it has been a while. :) Car crash sidelined me for a while along with life lol. Anyways good to see you are still improving. See you after Phoenix Opens :) may as well wait.

#108 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostCaleb Brightmore, on 30 September 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Leopard it has been a while. :) Car crash sidelined me for a while along with life lol. Anyways good to see you are still improving. See you after Phoenix Opens :) may as well wait.

Saw this post and was sorry to hear about your accident. I know how it feels, since April I ended up kissing the back of a pickup truck during a motorcycle accident. Hope to hear that you are alright.

#109 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Yes, I hope you're both alright! :P

#110 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Thanks and yes, though my bike will need some work.

#111 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Yes and thanks to you both. Good excuse to use my Phx Package tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the lol

#112 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

That it is :P

#113 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

^ I don't even have an excuse, unless you count "habit", "addiction", or "obsessive compulsion". :)

But I'm having fun with my 12 new robots.
As of last night I have enough C-Bills to put Double Heat Sinks on one of them.
So, I'm trying to decide which one gets it first.

My laser-boat Battlemasters are doing surprisingly well with single heat sinks. (One has 31, the other has 32.) So, they don't have the greatest need, and I don't want to spend millions of C-Bills on one, unless the results are going to totally blow my mind.
The DHS conversion would really have to go with a huge XL engine (375+) so a bunch of DHS would fit inside, so the conversion would really cost a hundred zillion C-Bills.

Maybe the BLR-1S could get the DHS. Smurfy's mechlab indicates I could get a big improvement in firepower on that one, just with the DHS.

When I realized that one Thunderbolt came with DHS, I knew I was going to play with that one first. The other two have a lot of potential for improvement with DHS.

I don't think the Shadow Hawks will need DHS as much as the Thunderbutts. I've just about convinced myself that the BLR-1S should get the DHS first, followed by the TDR-5S(P).

The Locusts don't need DHS so much as an XL engine...later...when I give a [bleep]. So far, my skills with a light mech aren't worth a damn, and I'm sticking with Heavy and Assault mechs (like most people).

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 17 October 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#114 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Sent some smurfy goodness to your PM.

Lemme know what you think.

Edited by Caleb Brightmore, 17 October 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#115 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I have not had the chance to play with the Battle Master yet since I have been playing with the Thunderbolt. I already is better than my CAT-C1; I just miss the maneuverability that the JJs added. Basically I set it up with 36 shots of LRMs, replaced the LL with an ERPPC to reach out and touch people plus disable ECM, ML for backup, and 2MGs to find holes in peoples armor. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2df35f1853fbaff. Planning on making a similar version with JJs later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users