Is It Wrong That I'm Seriously Considering This Jenner Build?

32 replies to this topic

#21 Willie Sauerland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostMercules, on 16 April 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

You won't be able to NARC and run. By the time you turn around and start moving away your NARC is gone.

Sad but true.

I do wish the NARC

was more useful...

#22 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

So it's a "chase the squirrel" build then?

Oh the wrath this will incite from both your enemies and your team mates...

#23 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostMercules, on 16 April 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

You won't be able to NARC and run. By the time you turn around and start moving away your NARC is gone.

They actually buffed it to 20 seconds several patches back.

#24 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Also... couple quick tips from a pretty dedicated Jenner pilot:

1. It's perfectly acceptable to put your ammo in the head in the Jenner - The Jenner has a teeny tiny head hitbox and enemies are much more likely to try to leg you, so once your legs are down to internals there's a good chance your ammo will blow if you store it there.

2. Once you get speed tweak, you can drop the engine to an XL 295 (since MWO has a speed cap of 150 KPH - you can't possibly go faster than that in any 'Mech), it'll save you a half a ton you can use on armor or an extra jump jet or something.

Edited by DEMAX51, 16 April 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#25 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Just the bean-counter in me trying to cut costs, but are the double heat sinks really necessary? I can't imagine that build generating enough heat to warrant them.

#26 Gralzeim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 366 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Tactical Annoyance builds pretty much demand a machine gun or flamer. Or both. I think you can squeeze a flamer in there without losing much. At least in the randomness that is PUGs, it's not uncommon to see a lone light get chased by half the enemy team (or more) for several minutes, completely tunnel-vision'd about killing that damn light mech. Very much the 'chase the squirrel' mentality.

It can be effective, though don't expect it to work all the time. Having a flamer will help, however, as for some reason that seems to really get people's attention and irritate them almost as much as ECM.

Edited by Gralzeim, 16 April 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#27 Ens

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

you should try the HBK-4P with 9 TAG Lasers first

#28 Gralzeim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 366 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostEns, on 16 April 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

you should try the HBK-4P with 9 TAG Lasers first

Or 9 flamers. Friend did it once. It looks really impressive, all that fire. A shame all it does is instantly crank the 4P's heat up to around 50% or so when you engage the flamers. It looks cool though.

#29 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

I did a tag-back a few months ago. 260 engine, hunchie all tags.

Never lost a battle with it, Some times folks just didn't care to kill me. lrm boats will love you. Nme will prob stop to laugh. ;)

Redundant tags might overide multiple ecm bubbles :huh: .........least that sounds like a great excuse, There ought to be a stackable bonus. Even if there is no direct benefit, you usually get the indirect benefit of having the nme STOP to tell everyone else how silly you are, if you got a smart team you can capitalize that window of hesitation.

Hows this for an idea a free arty/air strike for every 10 secs you placed a nme under tag?

If you do decide to run a tag-bot make sure you ruin that ecm mech's day. Specially get that first ecm scout that goes for early cap in conquest. Running with ally raven 3L might help his streaks vs nme 3Ls.

Make sure to switch up targets when you see missle icons on nme mech if its not on the one you targeting already.

Far as the jenner-tag, Might want more balanced armor not just front heavy if you scout out on your own, bait the guy who spots you as his easy kill to your team mates. :D

Edited by Utilyan, 16 April 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#30 Silentium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 629 posts
  • LocationA fortified bunker in the mojave desert.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

The Jenner gods are restless; they desire a new presence on the battlefield, and spake unto me of the K. It must be something more than a less potent D.

I considered fitting my K with narc in lieu of the srm6 when I read about upcoming marc changes. I am selecting modules good for scouting and support as well. Kept the 4ml though, I wanted some damage ability to remain. I am anxious to test its performance.

#31 Red squirrel

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

I'd downgrade to an 295XL, drop 1 jump jet, and add 2 small lasers.
You need something to deal damage. And if its just enough to finish that last mech with dark red CT,
or to not look like too easy prey for a damaged enemy light mech.

At the moment I deem this build useless, because of the recent missile nerf.
If missiles are viable again and you have good team members it could be a fun build to use.

#32 zraven7

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

I love all the responses here. I'll likely run it from time to time, since it just takes a weapon swap to make it into something more battle ready.

#33 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Ooooooh

Yes it is very wrong.

However, when you do run it, let us know how NARC does, when its not countered by ECM, I read that it lets everyone lock on or something for the 30 or 20 seconds instead of the missile buff only. (Does anyone use NARC anyway to tell us?)

I actually suggest you try it on a Commando. The JJs are great, but you will never get away from a dedicated mech that wants to hurt you. ECM would be more helpful to avoid detection. Of course if you want to use the Jenner-K, to use the Jenner-K, other than this build makes me puke, you can always do 2 LL or 4 Medium Pulses or even 4 cool Mediums. Too bad you can't ignore the 10 HS rule with a mech that doesn't use weapons. That would be quite helpful on the Commando.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users