Game Freezes Mid Match With Repeating Sound.

4 replies to this topic

#1 xRaNgEr

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, OH

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

I tend to think it is a sound driver error as I hear a sound repeating while the game freezes. I can't swear but I think it might be related to the Atlas and the LRM-20. So far I don't recall if any other mechs have the same issue. I am using a Sound Blaster 3D Recon Fatality. I just updated my Video and Sound drivers to the latest version, but I am still having the issue. To my knowledge it has been occurring since the last two patches including 1.2.214. Does anyone know if this is a bug that is being work on, or if there is a work around? Thanks!

#2 Badconduct

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 364 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

No, nothing to do with your sound.

Your whole system crashed, probably a blue screen but has yet to show the bluescreen error.

Could be overheating, check Speedfan. Usually if it's a driver error (at least in Windows 7), it will kick you to the desktop and pop up that your driver failed. The sound is stuck in a loop because the computer is not responding.

Edited by Badconduct, 16 April 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#3 Wildcat777

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

I'm having a similar issue but i dont think its the sound. when my mech overheats the whole game freezes i can still hear background firering and ppl attacking etc. but for some reason whole game froze and if I alt+ tab everything else is running normaly. This is a new PC fresh installs and updates. I7 4770k 3.5Ghz , 16Gg ram , Nvidia Geforce 780 GTS. 50MB bandwith 80 lateny.

#4 archangelz

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Exact same thing with me. I've had this happen to me four+ times every time I hear my video cards rev down from normal gaming fan speeds to idle when the game freezes. Some times the whole computer freezes and I have to restart, a few times I alt tab fast enough and kill the mwoclient process and windows displays "Video card driver has crashed" dialog. When I kill the process it's using more than ~1.9GB of memory... memory leak related? Stats, XP and C-bills for these games do not persist into my even though once it crashed almost when capture score was at 740s for my team.

Running i5-2500k with 16GB Ram and crossfire dual ATI HD 5870s on latest public drivers dated 05/29/2013.

#5 Dragoon20005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

View Postarchangelz, on 20 August 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

Exact same thing with me. I've had this happen to me four+ times every time I hear my video cards rev down from normal gaming fan speeds to idle when the game freezes. Some times the whole computer freezes and I have to restart, a few times I alt tab fast enough and kill the mwoclient process and windows displays "Video card driver has crashed" dialog. When I kill the process it's using more than ~1.9GB of memory... memory leak related? Stats, XP and C-bills for these games do not persist into my even though once it crashed almost when capture score was at 740s for my team.

Running i5-2500k with 16GB Ram and crossfire dual ATI HD 5870s on latest public drivers dated 05/29/2013.

currently the game dont support Crossfire, get the 13.8 beta drivers from AMD and disable the X-Fire function

also try running the game in windowed mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users