Rewards For Win

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Increase Reward for Round Won? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you argree with OP's suggestion?

1. Yes (4 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lars Widstrom

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

I've been playing the game for a bit now and I feel confident that I'm not missing something: At this time, win or lose, you receive 25k C-bills. My suggestion is that a "Win" should provide a larger bonus (perhaps 100k, but the exact number is not important), while a loss gives the standard 25k C-bill reward for showing up. Not only would this increase the strategic aspects of the match, but would also provide a more enjoyable spectator experience; think of the nail-biting tension as that last Commando hustles to capture the base, or two assault mechs duke it out in a final showdown! You'll really be rooting for your teammates if it means extra cash in your pocket after the win. Increasing the reward for a win would also give credit to pilots that sacrifice for the team. A lone Raven going out on a scouting mission takes on a huge risk, but it's all worth it when he calls out the opposing team's positions; however, this is usually done without firing a shot or even taking off components (much less getting a kill). Again, the reward would be getting that big payoff for the win at the end of the round.

P.S. If I have indeed missed something and win rewards are being intentionally left out of the beta version of the game, etc. My apologies; please post a link where I can go and properly school myself.

#2 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

The reason this wont happen, ever, is because PGI want you to purchase premium time to increase your rate of C-Bill earnings.

There is no way this will happen.

I buy Premium in month blocks at $12.00 or so, and my C-Bills are never an issue. I average 125,00-140,00 for a loss and between 200,000 and 250,000 for a win.

30 minutes of playing and I often earn one million CBills.. On the low end I'll earn half a million per 30 minutes...

That there is their hook... They need/want to make revenue...

I have no problem paying $12 a month... that equals about .45 per day.... is that alot to you?

#3 Lars Widstrom

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostFlak Kannon, on 16 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

The reason this wont happen, ever, is because PGI want you to purchase premium time to increase your rate of C-Bill earnings.

There is no way this will happen.

I buy Premium in month blocks at $12.00 or so, and my C-Bills are never an issue. I average 125,00-140,00 for a loss and between 200,000 and 250,000 for a win.

30 minutes of playing and I often earn one million CBills.. On the low end I'll earn half a million per 30 minutes...

That there is their hook... They need/want to make revenue...

I have no problem paying $12 a month... that equals about .45 per day.... is that alot to you?

I don't think it is mutually exclusive. If they were to provide win rewards, you'd get 50% for that as well with premium time. I plan to buy MC and premium time regardless. You make a good point that if the reward were too big, it could cut into the bottom line; but I think that the benefit of battles with a higher stakes actually *increases* the likelyhood of players purchasing MC in order to get that edge over the competition. Also, consider that win/loss (especially in a PUG) is not really predictable and that many items are *only* purchasable with MC.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users