10 replies to this topic

#1 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Feel free to hate em but tbh i think their awesome now...specially when your tired of hearing the same **** on the radio all day everyday. Anyways whats your favorite or any suggestions? since half of the time its hard to find them at all

#2 TwoFaced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Never actually used one...seen a few here and there but nothing that caught my attention enough to spend 15-20+ bux on it.

#3 GreatSeaSpider

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

if you're feeling like a long haul set of audio books, and you're into fantasy type stuff, you cant go wrong with the Wheel of Time series http://en.wikipedia....e_Wheel_of_Time

Many many many hours of good books, I went through them all in the car on my way to and from work!

Dont get me wrong, I love reading, but it's a good way to pass the time on the commute and it ends up being more like a dramatized play than a book ;)

#4 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

hop onto TS for more details lol, gotta interogate you

#5 BitBott

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

I love audiobooks but the person reading them can either make or break the book for me. Tim Curry does a beautiful read of A Series of Unfortunate Events so i'd highly recommend checking those out!

Also, The Last Apprentice (AKA: The Wardstone Chronicles) is really well done and one of the best series out there right now.

View PostGreatSeaSpider, on 04 June 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

if you're feeling like a long haul set of audio books, and you're into fantasy type stuff, you cant go wrong with the Wheel of Time series http://en.wikipedia....e_Wheel_of_Time

Many many many hours of good books, I went through them all in the car on my way to and from work!

Dont get me wrong, I love reading, but it's a good way to pass the time on the commute and it ends up being more like a dramatized play than a book ;)

ooh, i'm going to have to check those out too

#6 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

so far listend to:
By WIlliam Gibson: Neuromancer, Virtual Light, Spook County, Burning Chrome
Halo-all of the original 6

and now got "Starship Troopers" waiting for the next day at work(yea i listen to them at work, 16hours of watching cctv cameras with no sound so audiobooks turned out to be a miracle)

#7 Sundown

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostDrnkJawa, on 04 June 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

and now got "Starship Troopers" waiting for the next day at work(yea i listen to them at work, 16hours of watching cctv cameras with no sound so audiobooks turned out to be a miracle)

I get an hour lunch break so I usually end up walking outside (Pacific NW has some pretty nice scenery and clean air) and a few months back got bored listening to podcasts or music. Decided to take up listening to some books I have always meant to read but never have gotten around to.

So far I have listened to 2001: A Space Odyssey and am about 3/4 of the way through Ender's Game. If you like Starship Troopers, you would probably like Ender's Game. The best way I can describe it is that it's Starship Troopers meets The Lord of the Flies.

And 2001...enough said. Best ever, that's what I say...Dave.

#8 SibkoDC

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostBitBott, on 04 June 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Also, The Last Apprentice (AKA: The Wardstone Chronicles) is really well done and one of the best series out there right now.

I agree definitely a good series, also i heard they're making this into a movie called "the Seventh Son"....kinda worried they'll kill it though like most book to movie conversions

Edited by SibkoDC, 04 June 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#9 Aelos03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

i love audiobooks listened Dune and it was awesome

#10 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

I had about 3 Star Wars audiobooks a few years ago, but lost them due to my lack of computer knowledge at the time. I have all (at least I believe so) of the BT audiobooks. Good listen. I have the first two A Song of Ice & Fire audiobooks, as well as a few others (Sun Tzu's The Art of War, The 48 Laws of Power, The Prince & one or two more that I cannot remember right now). Good for when you are travelling a long distance.

Edited by Jaroth Winson, 04 June 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#11 BitBott

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostSibkoDC, on 04 June 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

I agree definitely a good series, also i heard they're making this into a movie called "the Seventh Son"....kinda worried they'll kill it though like most book to movie conversions

The movie deal makes me nervous too, but they have Jeff Bridges signed on so there may be hope for it *fingers crossed*

View PostSundown, on 04 June 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

I get an hour lunch break so I usually end up walking outside (Pacific NW has some pretty nice scenery and clean air) and a few months back got bored listening to podcasts or music. Decided to take up listening to some books I have always meant to read but never have gotten around to.

So far I have listened to 2001: A Space Odyssey and am about 3/4 of the way through Ender's Game. If you like Starship Troopers, you would probably like Ender's Game. The best way I can describe it is that it's Starship Troopers meets The Lord of the Flies.

And 2001...enough said. Best ever, that's what I say...Dave.

Ender's Game is what i'm listening to right now too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users