#1 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:30 AM

Hold the flame kids, I brought this:

Posted Image
Yea, that's right, asbestos. I'm pretty much immune now, your arguments are invalid.

I'd just like to say how mundane and uninteresting MWO became with highlanders and stalkers.

It's either a 2x ERPPC+gauss poptart, now not only the 3d but 4 highlanders, or a 4-6x PPC stalker, or a 6x LL stalker.
As a medium, it's mind numbingly boring to wait for any of them to advance beyond the cover they can take pot shots from.

And no,I don't die to them, I'm not dumb enough to parade in front of one of them. It's all the other nabs that do. Seriously, it's ruining the experience for everyone.
Nabs get killed off quickly and ragequit, and not just the match.
Anyone who's smart enough will have 1 long boring match, waiting behind cover to see who loses patience first.
Even CS players with AWPs are more mobile than any of the cheesers here.

Either man up and stop using min/max builds or PGI needs to give grouped firing of non default weapons some serious penalties.

Current word of the month that describes the game "BORING".

Edited by DeadlyNerd, 17 April 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#2 Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

As another medium i agree.

In some parts.

Edited by Varnas, 17 April 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#3 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:35 AM

You may be immune to flames, but you're gonna have cancer. =O

#4 DeadlyNerd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostRyvucz, on 17 April 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

You may be immune to flames, but you're gonna have cancer. =O

Dignity m8. Cancer cannot be beaten, flaming kids can.

#5 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I suspect the solutions to this problem are as follows:
  • Wait for SRM balance fixes.
  • Wait for ppl to get bored of HGN poptarting.
  • Wait until tomorrow for weight balancing.
There's no point in randomly nerfing things because they have a particular role in a very temporary meta.

Edited by Royalewithcheese, 17 April 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#6 Dax Frey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

welcome to today's daily mwo has become "X"warrior online post.

/popcorn

#7 Tie Ma

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

i see the poptart highlanders (which are just a fad). but there arnt anymore stalkers than there are any otehr mechs

Edited by Tie Ma, 17 April 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#8 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

This thread is NEW and EXCITING

#9 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:43 AM

The problems can be fixed greatly by accepting and adopting the countless "convergence" suggestions given to PGI during the closed beta.

I along with others made many threads about it. Did they listen? Nope.

Simply by making either:
a. Torso weapons not converge at all
or
b. Torso weapons converging at a fixed (range you can set in mechlab) range of say, for example, 300 meters--beyond that they spread out and before that they are spread out (try and imagine in head)

... and only ARM weapons able to converge at almost any range sans time it takes them to line up a shot; well, these would do wonders for the game right now.

Except PPC Stalkers. Everything else though, it'd help.

#10 Kay Oss

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

I wonder what next month's nerf rage will be about. Just one after another, after another, after another......

I said it many nerf rages ago: Everything should be nerfed to the point of machine guns damage... But then I suppose everybody would be whining about how easily machine guns crit.

#11 DeadlyNerd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 April 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

This thread is NEW and EXCITING

This one has a picture, others ain't illustrated.

#12 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Ok, now that I've been dismissive of this thread, allow me to ask the OP a question.

So, taking the current meta out, we can agree/disagree on it. IMO, it's a byproduct of the fact that the natural predator of the sniper is being reworked. So we won't discuss that here, as it's irrelevant to my question.

Your statement is that the game has become boring. So for whatever the reason is, the game has become a tactical battle. Two sides trying to outmaneuver each other.

Why is this a bad thing?

Edited by Roadbeer, 17 April 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#13 DeadlyNerd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 17 April 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

Ok, now that I've been dismissive of this thread, allow me to ask the OP a question.

So, taking the current meta out, we can agree/disagree on it. IMO, it's a byproduct of the fact that the natural predator of the sniper is being reworked. So we won't discuss that here, as it's irrelevant to my question.

Your statement is that the game has become boring. So for whatever the reason is, the game has become a tactical battle. Two sides trying to outmaneuver each other.

Why is this a bad thing?

I was going to write a reference to tactics vs plain camping in my OP but then I got a PPC to the knee.

#14 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

weight balancing now.

#15 Kay Oss

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

LRMs then Streaks, then all missiles, then streaks again, ECM, then PPCs & ERPPC's, even large lasers getting in there, don't forget jump jets, and collisions, and weapon convergence, and streaks targeting again, and splash damage and LRMs and missile boats, the boats of any sort, alpha blasts and using multiple of the same weapon, and lights are too hard to hit, but everybody is too easy to target, and how did that guy hit me from way back there! and weapons should be totally inaccurate when moving fast...

Did I miss anything there. (I wasn't here in closed beta)

#16 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Wish I had your problems people. None those "snipers" and "poptarts" affect my gameplay. :ph34r:

#17 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostKay Oss, on 17 April 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I wonder what next month's nerf rage will be about. Just one after another, after another, after another......

I said it many nerf rages ago: Everything should be nerfed to the point of machine guns damage... But then I suppose everybody would be whining about how easily machine guns crit.

It doesn't really seem to be cries for Nerfing of anything actually.
It's more of an observation of the current game; it's hard to deny that there's an above average amount of Sniper Builds in play these days. Which can only lead to one conclusion - something is out of whack.

Although I think that the game needs some tweaking, I don't think it's cause for alarm. Things are looking better and better with each patch and once PGI fixes Missiles people will have other long range options to work with. Then we'll see the Sniper Builds taper off.

#18 DeadlyNerd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostKay Oss, on 17 April 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

LRMs then Streaks, then all missiles, then streaks again, ECM, then PPCs & ERPPC's, even large lasers getting in there, don't forget jump jets, and collisions, and weapon convergence, and streaks targeting again, and splash damage and LRMs and missile boats, the boats of any sort, alpha blasts and using multiple of the same weapon, and lights are too hard to hit, but everybody is too easy to target, and how did that guy hit me from way back there! and weapons should be totally inaccurate when moving fast...

Did I miss anything there. (I wasn't here in closed beta)

"boats", the mostly used word in your paragraph, and mostly used word in any QQ thread. See a pattern here?

Weight matching, meh. It'll just pair up 5 poptarts v 5 poptarts, not 4 poptarts 1 PPC stalker vs 3 poptarts 2 PPC stalkers. Big deal.

View PostFut, on 17 April 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

It doesn't really seem to be cries for Nerfing of anything actually.
It's more of an observation of the current game; it's hard to deny that there's an above average amount of Sniper Builds in play these days. Which can only lead to one conclusion - something is out of whack.

Notice the big sheet of asbestos I brought, the very reason why the context of the reply you just quoted, I didn't reply to.
Don't feed the trolls, unless it's poison, or in other words, witty sarcasm.

Edited by DeadlyNerd, 17 April 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#19 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Told you so.

#20 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostDeadlyNerd, on 17 April 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

I was going to write a reference to tactics vs plain camping in my OP but then I got a PPC to the knee.

Cute... kind of an answer, but not really.

54 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users