#61 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostTywren, on 17 April 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

You know what would really help fix this? Charging MC for customizing your mech's weapons loadout. That would greatly increase the number of players who use stock mech variants, and thereby reduce the number of sniper boats, and poptarts.

And you thought people complained about P2W before? Not a good idea at all.

#62 neviu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Locationnetherlands

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#63 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

You know what would really help fix this? Charging MC for customizing your mech's weapons loadout. That would greatly increase the number of players who use stock mech variants, and thereby reduce the number of sniper boats, and poptarts.

.... and in a board where everyone fears P2W, Tywren boldly steps up and screams "Yes! Let us adopt a true, complete pay to win system to fix balance!"

This would reduce the number of snipers but would also reduce the number of players, because I don't think many of us would stay for this.

#64 Lord de Seis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Alberta, Canada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

That is pay to win and quite quite lame, even more so then the current situation.

#65 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostLord de Seis, on 17 April 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

I like the Highlander, I can't wait to own one I have no problem with it being added into the game. Brawlers are not very valid when your running into the kinds of teams I am seeing. You can't fight someone effectively when all they have to do is hit you 1 or 2 times to cripple your mech. I suppose my problem is more that you aren't see any kind of balance in how the teams are built, your seeing teams of all snipers. When there should be a max of 2 on a team with a blend of other mechs but I don't think the match making is that far and I currently find the game almost unplayable because it is so frustrating.

I run brawlers still quite frequently and still do just fine in them so I'm not seeing the issue. I also see plenty of weapons balance in drops. I would really like to see the official weapons usage shown somewhere because I don't think it's as far out of whack as people think. I still see everything used in almost every drop I've been in.

Further part of the reason many are going with LR weapons is not being able to see what map is coming. Right now you have to load as if your going to play Alpine - where the engagement range is usually 600+ meters but even here you can use a brawler if you put your mind to it. Once the map is listed up front in later patches, it will become a non issue.

#66 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

#67 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Didn't fancy poptarting so my highlanders are a mixed load out brawler type. Works well. Main problem with PPC stalkers and poptarts is alpha strikes delivering all damage to one location. Spread out alpha damage, force people to chain fire for pinpoint damage. Might want to put a tiny firing delay in to prevent macro misuse.

#68 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PosttheDeimos, on 17 April 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

So you want to kill the Hunchback 4P, the Awesome 8Q, every light/medium mech which happens to have 4+ med lasers in their stock loadout (which are a lot) to force people to run what you call "balanced" builds?

Why on earth would you do that? I suggest you browse through sarna and realize how many "natural" boats there actually are. Battlemechs dedicated to a single role (read: weapon) are nothing unusual in the battletech universe.

So.. no. That Idea is bollocks.

It doesn't kill boats, it forces them to vary their weapon loadout a bit or stagger their fire slightly (.25 or .5 seconds apart, which isn't asking a lot) instead of alpha striking continuously.

#69 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 17 April 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

.... and in a board where everyone fears P2W, Tywren boldly steps up and screams "Yes!  Let us adopt a true, complete pay to win system to fix balance!"

Ok, too all those worried about P2W issues, how about making custom mechs available via MC or GXP? That would make the only advantage to using MC speed of acquisition; those willing to grind it out can achieve the exact same power level for free.

Ultimately though, many of the complaints in this game have roots in everyone, and their dog having a custom mech. Limit custom mechs, and you reduce those complaints.

Edited by Tywren, 17 April 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#70 ThatOneEdgyGuy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 29 posts
  • LocationDrunk in a San Diego Denny's

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Yeah! Screw splatcats, they're totally OP!
..Oh, wait. I forgot to bring this month's "pointless rage".

brb

#71 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostJohanssenJr, on 17 April 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

He's doing it wrong.

#72 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

How to deal with pop tarts.

Posted Image

How to deal with Stalkers.

You do not have to thank me for the information and for blessing your thread. It is what I do.

#73 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Boom bump.

I need more poptart **** to see this topic and actually start using their brains to write insulting retorts. They obviously ain't using their brains in the field.

Oy oy, don't lock this now, I'm encouraging the use of braincells. Nobody's getting "flamed" while they're behind my asbestos wall.

Edited by DeadlyNerd, 18 April 2013 - 12:29 AM.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users