To Anyone Who Doubts 'poptarts' Are An Issue

150 replies to this topic

#1 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

If you don't see this EVERY game then I don't know what to tell you, because I sure do. Maybe your elo is in the dumpster, maybe you're just lucky. But I'm sick of it. Every single person is a PPC sniper or using some kind of direct fire long range weapon.

This 'fad' as some of you would like to think it is has been a slow build up over every patch and now we just have sniper warrior online. There is no such thing as brawling, there is no such thing as lights. Snipers invalidates everything other than other snipers.

Think back... Raven hit boxes changed, missiles nerfed into the toilet bowl, and now HSR. While long range direct fire weapons were slowly buffed.

Also don't waste anyone's time with immature 'just adapt' comments. I have my Highlanders close to mastered now. I can play the game and win just like before the patch. BUT PLAYING LIKE THIS ISN'T FUN. This isn't how the game should be! It's turning into Mechwarrior 4...

PGI do something!

#2 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

"Maybe your ELO is in the dumpster". This comment can only bring you the best possible feedback.

Incoming...

#3 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostBiglead, on 17 April 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

"Maybe your ELO is in the dumpster". This comment can only bring you the best possible feedback.

Incoming...

Well, I'm sick of seeing someone who's name is silly and probably plays 3 games each weekend who is going to tell me that they 'destroy everyone' in their founders Hunchback or Jenner.

That just ain't happenin' right now sorry.

Edited by Klaus, 17 April 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#4 Avalios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

PGI obviously feels the need to compete with world of warplanes.

#5 Cferre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

View PostAvalios, on 17 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

PGI obviously feels the need to compete with world of warplanes.

lol

#6 Hedonism Robot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationSpace Pirate

You are piloting a laser boat stalker and mad about poptarts? While I 100% agree with your post, after watching the video it seems a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. The games I am in have just as many atlas and stalkers loaded with ppcs and large lasers to also shelling out lots of damage and coring mediums and lights.

#7 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostHedonism Robot, on 17 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

You are piloting a laser boat stalker and mad about poptarts? While I 100% agree with your post, after watching the video it seems a bit like the pot calling the kettle black. The games I am in have just as many atlas and stalkers loaded with ppcs and large lasers to also shelling out lots of damage and coring mediums and lights.

I'd be in a light or AC/20 Jager if it was worth it right now, but it's not.

Edited by Klaus, 17 April 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#8 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

... and Mechwarrior 4 sucked. I think it is too soon to overreact but the weapon changes done to mediums/smalls/pulses need to be rolled back and the speed caps on all mechs need to be removed.

Follow that up with no weapon convergence for torso weapons (or fixed convergence) and we have win.

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Maybe your elo is in the dumpster...

Actually, it's probably because your Elo is in the "monkey see, monkey do" level. :)

#10 Lazydrones541

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

I am kinda thinkin they should reset the heat generation on PPCs to their previous values.
However, I dont believe this will continue very long as it IS a mech release week...And am already seeing a drop in Highlander appearances.

#11 Oriius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

The poparting is just one symptom of the games current state, i see more mountain/wall humping to pop off ppc/gauss shots than actual poptarting, both might as well be the same thing though I guess.

It can on the large maps become a little dull (in my opinion), walk forward, shoot, walk back, isn't my idea of fun stompy mech times. With that said, I'm not sure how best to solve this "issue" (assuming people agree it is one, i get the feeling a lot won't), given the current state of the game,

#12 BladeSplint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

The fact is that the highlander is the new mech, of course there are a fuckton of people piloting them. The numbers will die down over the next few days.

#13 Klaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostMystere, on 17 April 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Actually, it's probably because your Elo is in the "monkey see, monkey do" level. :)

Yeah, doing what is best. Sniping.

Good try though.

#14 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Its because missiles suck so bad now that they're not viable as a weapon so that limits it to ER Large, PPC's and Gauss for long range.

#15 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

...stuff....

PGI do something!

You realize two things right? HGN are the new shiny so they are going to be everywhere after their introduction patch.

And Missiles aren't fixed to PGI's satisfaction yet. So we're between "balance" as PGI intends it.

#16 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

maybe my Elo IS in the dumpster. Maybe thats why I am having fun games and stomping Highlander poptarts every game. In that case I hope it never gets higher.

#17 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

If you don't see this EVERY game then I don't know what to tell you, because I sure do. Maybe your elo is in the dumpster, maybe you're just lucky. But I'm sick of it. Every single person is a PPC sniper or using some kind of direct fire long range weapon.

This 'fad' as some of you would like to think it is has been a slow build up over every patch and now we just have sniper warrior online. There is no such thing as brawling, there is no such thing as lights. Snipers invalidates everything other than other snipers.

Think back... Raven hit boxes changed, missiles nerfed into the toilet bowl, and now HSR. While long range direct fire weapons were slowly buffed.

Also don't waste anyone's time with immature 'just adapt' comments. I have my Highlanders close to mastered now. I can play the game and win just like before the patch. BUT PLAYING LIKE THIS ISN'T FUN. This isn't how the game should be! It's turning into Mechwarrior 4...

PGI do something!

Bear in mind that the HSR pass will likely have led every man and his dog to crack out the PPCs and Gauss to play around with. I predict things will settle down eventually.

When the clans and their UAC20s and SSRM20s arrive.

Oh, and their own gauss damage PPCs, 'o course.

#18 Kumakichi

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,337 posts
  • LocationYoyodyne Propulsion Factory

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostHedonism Robot, on 17 April 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

...seems a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Not to throw OP under the bus but thats the first impression I got as well. You dropped with an entire team all setup the way your complaining about and owned a PUG that played rather poorly by just standing out in the open and getting shredded. But your video is appreciated jsut the same.

I haven't played MWO in awhile now because I got bored and want community warfare to give a purpose to the game BUT after watching your video I'm reminded of the same thing happening in Mechwarrior 4. Problem is no matter which way you cut the cake somebody isn't happy. Make LRMs better and people complain. Make short ranged fighting and medium lasers dominate and people complain. MWO needs better weapons balancing which they working on. I think adding consumables was a great idea for making money but I think its not helping balancing issues.

Video was entertaining though thanks!

#19 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I was in one 8v8 battle where some pilots synchronized some lovely parabola jumps whilst firing on us. It was very impressive to watch though disheartening to take all that ERPPC damage!

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

This overall is what happens when you nerf the crap out of LRMs as people complain so much about. If I was PGI I'd let you bask in this for a while to really let you simmer for a bit... that way you won't be such a pain and thankful when they fix LRMs.

46 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 46 guests, 0 anonymous users