• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostZylo, on 17 April 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

About not joining that really doesn't concern me, I wasn't trying to recruit you anyway.

Every night I cry myself to sleep because my message box isn't filled with recruitment offers. :)

#82 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Is there a reason why every single mech decided that fighting a snipe war in the water on Forest Colony was the pinnacle of tactical brilliance? I mean you go that way if you want a long-mid range battle. Big surprise that a long-mid range shooting battle from cover erupted. The terrain is what dictates the kind of fight that breaks out and that is precisely what you got.

Also poptarting on your team did not win the fight nor did poptarting on the opposing team lose the fight. Your sneak flank to score a kill and distract the enemy is what won that match. When you did that the enemy team crumbled as they couldn't focus their fire in a single direction anymore. Remove that and you have a simplistic attrition match between two teams.

Finally please avoid ELO comments. None of us know what our ELO really is given that it's a hidden internal stat. Comments like that come off as somewhat... pretentious.

#83 Senior Knight Steele

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 94 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostFatDaddy, on 17 April 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

I'm not apologizing for my frankness. As an open beta player, the correct method for OP to submit their concerns is in a report ticket. Posting here to generate sympathy to OP's plight is the incorrect way,

I am way past worrying about sounding "rude, immature, and generally just like a total ***". I assure you, I have an enormous inventory of inflammatory language, insults, and trolling at my beck and call. You are reading the pleasant, yet firm diatribe of someone who has been doing this sort of thing for longer than you've been alive.

OP is crying about something that has been occurring since closed beta, and will absolutely change after the next major patch.

It contributes nothing, changes nothing, and as such, is worthless blathering that does nothing to elevate the narrative, the game, or pretty much anything else.

I wouldn't expect or desire an apology. Quite obviously, being worried about sounding rude is the LAST thing you're worried about. X) Firm? A stretch, but maybe. Pleasant? Certainly not. Although you're not under any obligation to be pleasant, even in person. But if the OP making a point you don't like is blathering, what is you being rude to him? Something less than blather, I would imagine. Gibberish, perhaps? Bear sounds? o.o

In any case, maybe you're right! Maybe he should just email this to support. I wouldn't have. I think support is for bugs and reporting players. I would have posted it in suggestions. ...Where you're supposed to post suggestions. I have considered emailing support about something, but after very little digging, I found that there was a place for bringing up issues about the game. The forums. (I.E. Here.) Maybe they'll move this thread to suggestions, but I honestly don't think there's anything wrong or "incorrect" about it being here. Also, I didn't play in closed beta, but I have been playing for a while. The loadouts weren't always the way they are now. Maybe it will pass, I don't know. But for a while it seems to have been the way he is describing it.

#84 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 17 April 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

But I thought you wanted more weapon diversity? Pretty sure you wouldn't like what would happen when my team takes all PPC stalkers, highlanders and 3D's when your team is trying to do something different at this current meta. Just because we're good at using these weapons doesn't mean that it wont get boring... I think that's all the OP is trying to point out, and you really think its QQ?

OP thinks his 6 LL build is far more interesting than other people's Gauss+3PPC builds. He would probably be upset if everyone ran his build too. It may be his opinion, but that is all it is. An opinion.

#85 Tyr Gunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostDavers, on 17 April 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

OP thinks his 6 LL build is far more interesting than other people's Gauss+3PPC builds. He would probably be upset if everyone ran his build too. It may be his opinion, but that is all it is. An opinion.

Meh, never-mind! I was gonna make a comment about opinions and a certain sphincter body part and how everyone has one, but I can't even use the clinical term without triggering a Disney edit.

Edited by Tyr Gunn, 17 April 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#86 Wildman13

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 92 posts
  • Locationseabrook, tx

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostSenior Knight Steele, on 17 April 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I wouldn't expect or desire an apology. Quite obviously, being worried about sounding rude is the LAST thing you're worried about. X) Firm? A stretch, but maybe. Pleasant? Certainly not. Although you're not under any obligation to be pleasant, even in person. But if the OP making a point you don't like is blathering, what is you being rude to him? Something less than blather, I would imagine. Gibberish, perhaps? Bear sounds? o.o

In any case, maybe you're right! Maybe he should just email this to support. I wouldn't have. I think support is for bugs and reporting players. I would have posted it in suggestions. ...Where you're supposed to post suggestions. I have considered emailing support about something, but after very little digging, I found that there was a place for bringing up issues about the game. The forums. (I.E. Here.) Maybe they'll move this thread to suggestions, but I honestly don't think there's anything wrong or "incorrect" about it being here. Also, I didn't play in closed beta, but I have been playing for a while. The loadouts weren't always the way they are now. Maybe it will pass, I don't know. But for a while it seems to have been the way he is describing it.

I'm 100% immune to your inflections and slights.

If the OP has a legit complaint, this is not the place to preach it. This forum is a microcosm of the gamers playing this title. You or the OP can adopt whatever imaginary "player Jihad" you like. Reality and my experience tells me the two of you are less than night farts in the progress and community of this game.

Seriously, though, you can't shame me or challenge me in these forums. I have been a forum warrior when you were a gleam in your dad's eye, You cannot shock me, surprise me, or offer any argument I haven't pissed on for decades.

OP is crying and not offering anything constructive, and neither are you.

I'm putting my kids to bed and going to sleep myself now. See of you can come up with some argument I haven't seen since the 90's.

Edited by FatDaddy, 17 April 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#87 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostZylo, on 17 April 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

That's the difference though, 8-man teams get the advantage of selecting every mech. Your typical pug player can't do anything about what ends up on their team so they are forced to join the poptarting just to compete which makes the problem even worse. There is a good chance this problem could chase off even more players than the lack of weight class matching

I am a 100% solo player. I am also my own person and do as I wish.

If, on the other hand, other players are of the "monkey see, monkey do" variety, it's not the game's fault. The problem lies between the chair and the monitor. I am also beginning to get the impression that some so-called "competitive" players are nothing more that copycats, totally devoid of originality.

#88 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

While long range direct fire weapons were slowly buffed.

AC 2 got better? ERMAGERD THATS AWESOME!

#89 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 17 April 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

But I thought you wanted more weapon diversity? Pretty sure you wouldn't like what would happen when my team takes all PPC stalkers, highlanders and 3D's when your team is trying to do something different at this current meta. Just because we're good at using these weapons doesn't mean that it wont get boring... I think that's all the OP is trying to point out, and you really think its QQ?

Uh, I was joking
Yeah, I really wouldn't like that. That would be stupid. But pop tarting in and of itself is not a real problem, it's just a lame and boring play style. If people want to play that way, fine. I'll play my way and have more fun. While using a diverse load out, of course. Nothing I can really do to change everyone else's mind about how they want to play.

Edited by Team Leader, 17 April 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#90 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostTehSBGX, on 17 April 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

AC 2 got better? ERMAGERD THATS AWESOME!

Compared to TT it is absolutely awesome. :)

#91 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostMystere, on 17 April 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

I am a 100% solo player. I am also my own person and do as I wish.

If, on the other hand, other players are of the "monkey see, monkey do" variety, it's not the game's fault. The problem lies between the chair and the monitor. I am also beginning to get the impression that some so-called "competitive" players are nothing more that copycats, totally devoid of originality.

If I come across something out there after a patch that is clearly better then what I have in every way (current meta), then I'm going do it too if I have not found out first. I couldn't care less how non "original" I really am when I am trying to win. Doesn't mean that it wont get boring however, like I said.

#92 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

you know when a 3d takes out the gauss and puts another PPC.........maybe soemthing might be up

#93 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 17 April 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

you know when a 3d takes out the gauss and puts another PPC.........maybe soemthing might be up

A bad 3D build, perhaps?

#94 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Well, getting back to the weapon balance..

I think at the moment, granted, we are all kinda plagued by Copy-Cat Builds but that is not something thats going to drive me away from the game.
If anything, I would feel MORE inclined to try and out-game the unoriginal talent-less players.

Adapt!

#95 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostNehkrosis, on 17 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

I think at the moment, granted, we are all kinda plagued by Copy-Cat Builds but that is not something thats going to drive me away from the game.
If anything, I would feel MORE inclined to try and out-game the unoriginal talent-less players.

Adapt!

/thread

#96 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 17 April 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

There's this old saying about practicing what you preach. Ever heard it?

I did see your comment about MLP in an earlier post, I think you may want to check this out before you make assumptions about anyone who happens to like MLP - http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2238754

#97 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

The number of highlanders will sure die down but I really doubt brawling will go back in favor until missiles are changed. Until then I think PGI should do something. Either buff something or nerf something.

Why should they even bother to? Why should they even waste time on what will essentially be only another temporary nerf/buff? Why not just wait until missiles have been fixed?

By creating another temporary nerf/buff, they will just be setting themselves up for another round of nerd raging QQ of epic proportions when the time comes to reverse those same changes.

It just does not make sense, especially on something that is still a beta.

#98 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

View Postmania3c, on 17 April 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

Freakin beat me to it. Even after a few decades, that scene still lives on in infamy among my friends. Well... that one and the rocket fist one :)

#99 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostNehkrosis, on 17 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Adapt!

I don't have an issue with copycat builds. I share my builds intentionally so that people can use them. I have a problem with people copying a build without understanding why that build is good. It's why people complain about them because they don't understand them. Every single build and tactic has strengths and weaknesses. In the video example there is literally nothing that either team could have done if just a single fastish mech snuck through the side and capped base. If someone had turned to try to deal with it they would have weakened their teams line probably losing the game.

#100 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostKlaus, on 17 April 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Yeah it's called HSR. Don't play this game?

Work's been hectic so I haven't really gotten a chance this week :)

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users