Isn News Flash

29 replies to this topic

#21 Nekekami

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

Can someone proofread these posts before they go up?
The word you're looking for is 'apologizes' not 'apologies'
I hate to be 'that guy' but these posts appear on the front-page even for people who don't already have accounts and it makes the game look second-rate having this level of professionalism.

#22 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

All you naysayers, I hear they really do have some of their top people out there. People who truly understand how this ancient Star League tech works. People who were born for this. People who are really going to change the way of life in the Periphery.

#23 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

I hear they have Primus Myndo Waterly working on this issue personally. Something about making sure to not damage the equipment further by holding all communications until the problem is solved once and for all!

"Forest lupins!" -hospitalized mechwarrior

Edited by Colddawg, 19 April 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#24 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostGT Hawk, on 18 April 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

I heard some rummer or a garbled message from one of the worlds cut of. Something about a catapult with arms, but hey, you guys know how great the rummer mill is these days. ;)

That's not surprising. I once knew a technician in Periphery that could make 3 working mechs out of 2 salvaged mechs. Necessity in the mother of invention..

#25 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

View PostFrostCollar, on 18 April 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

ComStar techs come back: "working as intended."

Like ECM.

#26 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 19 April 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

All you naysayers, I hear they really do have some of their top people out there. People who truly understand how this ancient Star League tech works. People who were born for this. People who are really going to change the way of life in the Periphery.

BAHAHAHAHA! Ok, that's a good one. Tell me when the fascist clones on their forest lupines get to it. I'd love my garrison duty to end so I can get back to being a disposable pawn in some House's game for dominance or petty grudge. At least then I'd be making more C-Bills.

#27 Ashnadur

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:05 AM

The techs are working hard to fix this issue and to restore the well known service-quality ;)

#28 Jade Valor

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPreparing for the worst

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 19 April 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

ya right and i am really Aleksandr Kerensky in disguise :D

#29 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

View PostOdanan, on 19 April 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

That's not surprising. I once knew a technician in Periphery that could make 3 working mechs out of 2 salvaged mechs. Necessity in the mother of invention..

Yeah, Frankenmechs are a fact of life. Some of us have heard of Valdis Ullman's "Wolfman" back in the 2986. His tech, Sharis Brand, was a freakin' jury-rigging genius. She took the bottom half of Ullman's Wolverine, which had come out on the losing end of an encounter with a Marauder, and then stuck on the top half of a salvaged FedSuns Rifleman,

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wolfman
Posted Image

Rumor is this thing is still being used by some pilot somewhere, probably in the Legion of Vega which is where Ullman served, and if someone can make a mech out of a Rifleman and a Wolverine then I can imagine someone managing to put arms on a Catapult out of desperation to get a more or less fully functioning mech on the field for a battle. the Cat probably had its missile launchers shot off, and no replacements were available, so someone took the arms from some salvage and slapped them onto the Catapult's shoulders. Probably plays merry hell with the mech's control computer and the number of likely glitches the pilot will probably have to deal with would likely drive a guy to drink, but when a battle is looming and the only other choice is to go out with half a mech, or even worse, being dispossessed, then you make due with what you've got at hand.

#30 SteelyDan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 305 posts
  • LocationChicago Ill

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

ComStar's answer for everything, in the HPG...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users