Article 6 Terms Of Use.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

"6. Feedback-All right, title and interest in and to comments, ideas, suggestions and impressions of the IGP Offerings and our products given by you to us (collectively, the “Feedback”) is and shall be deemed to be our property and, by submitting Feedback to us, you agree that you thereby assign to us all right, title and interest to such Feedback to us"

I do not really consent to article 6 tbh. I can get it to patch without accepting if I want (which I have not done). Basically, everything I have posted on your forums I have posted elsewhere on the Internet first and I claimed ownership via the first posting i.e. what I post here is but a copy.

So, how does article 6 work now? I am just interested to know as a point of interest and hypothetical, when said material is originally posted elsewhere first.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 16 April 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Best you contact support@mwomercs.com about this.

The same advice goes to everyone else who has questions about the EULA.

#3 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 16 April 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Spoiler

I think its so you can't claim that a suggestion you made to them is your IP and sue them for using it without paying you.

Also so they could potentially quote the positive feedback without getting any additional release from the writer.

But in reality, it won't actually effect anyone, as they can't actually own ideas, just an idea in a given context. EG: BT is a sci-fi world with giant pilotable robots in a dystopian future; Hawken is a is a sci-fi world with giant pilotable robots in a dystopian future - but they're different enough that there isn't considered copyright infringement. I'm also reasonably certain that it wouldn't even stop you from, if you got into game development, using elements you suggested in making your own game.

Edited by Critical Fumble, 16 April 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#4 Keeg

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAruba

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

They invented game lag?

#5 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:03 PM