Video Game Music

4 replies to this topic

#1 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Music has been integral to games since the days of 8-bit. What are some iconic video game songs that you've enjoyed in the past and is there a specific musical style that you associate with video games?

As a Dynasty Warriors fan I can definitely identify with the "Japanese classic rock genre" that is commonly used in those games. But a lot of games I play implement a very different sound. For instance I think the best video game music I've ever heard was for the Sega Saturn on a game disc titled Three Dirty Dwarves. The game was fun but I actually inserted the disc into my CD player one day and learned that I could play the game tracks that way. Here are some examples of songs from that CD:

What games have iconic/nostalgic music for you?

#2 StealthCake

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

The Total annihilation sound track is one of my favorite game sound tracks ever and to this day is the only classical music i actually like
example:

I also like the Guilty Gear OST(original sound track) it's got some very nice rocking stuff in there.
example:

There is alot of GG music out there these days but the OST is still my favorite out of the lot.
Infact im not sure if they make the games for the sake of the music or the game.

Then you have Machinae Supremacy "Jets n' Guns OST"(witch is free to DL from there site btw)
They thought that regular rock/metal was to mainstream so they invented there own kind of metal they call "SID metal"
Which is basicaly metal with sounds from a SID card-computer-chip-thing for the gamesound like effects.
Anyway check them out http://machinaesupremacy.com/

Edited by StealthCake, 07 June 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#3 Rodney28021

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationRural Western North Carolina

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

I think the Command and Conquer soundtracks would be great music to play MWO to.

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostRodney28021, on 07 June 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

I think the Command and Conquer soundtracks would be great music to play MWO to.

"Fed Com march" ;)

#5 EmyLightsaber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationValhalla, Outworlds Alliance

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users