Isn News Flash

85 replies to this topic

#81 ROJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDubai

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

When is the ISN news flash coming back? And will this game continue with its parallel timeline feature or this is paused until community warfare is out?

#82 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostROJ, on 20 August 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

When is the ISN news flash coming back? And will this game continue with its parallel timeline feature or this is paused until community warfare is out?

I wish I knew the answer to either of those. Trying to get an answer from the devs on this is like trying to get water from a stone.

#83 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

The devs had mentioned about 2 months back I believe that the parallel timeline wasn't going to fit with what they were trying to do so they were not going to remain with it for now. In relation to that I believe the ISN News Flashes have been suspended for now until launch at least or at a point after launch when they would become relevant again (ie CW Phase 3 when planets are being fought over).

I can dig for the exact quote if you would like but I believe the answer came from ATD39 or 40, although I could be incorrect on that and my apologies if that is the case.

#84 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Tues. Aug 20, 3050: ComStar confirms that all previous worlds that have been reported off-line have reestablished contact. The reason cited for the loss of communication is quote 'a ******* power outage'. ComStar will investigate how more than a dozen worlds had simultaneous power problems

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 24 August 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#85 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 20 August 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

First of all, that happened in 2796. Almost 300 years ago, so all individuals involved in this unfortunate stain on the honor of the Combine are long dead. The same cannot be said about Hanse Davion.

I begin to see you display a personal hatred of the man that perhaps exceeds a healthy boundary for bushido. And yes I follow The Way so don't impugn both our honor by proclaiming otherwise.

Second, and more importantly, Jinjiro Kurita's inexcusable overreaction to the murder of his father Minoru is not something condoned or approved of by any citizen of the combine with a shred of honor or insight. The proper reaction would have been to execute all remaining military personel on the planet, leaving the civilians free to serve the Combine. Indeed, Jinjiro's soldiers were caught in an untenable position between following the dictates of their lord and master and following what they in their hearts knew to be right and proper. They could not disobey, so they carried out their orders. Then a great number of them committed seppuku to atone for what they had been party to, and even those who felt able to live with their actions saw it as a great loss of personal honor.

I am aware of this. I was merely stating that the DCMS is not without sins of it's own.

Do not presume to think we are unaware of how unacceptable what happened on Kentares was. We know it well. Perhaps better than many citizens of the Federated Suns to whom Kentares is little more than something they have been told they should hate all Combine citizens for. But apparently we are all killers of children and civilians due to something which happened more than 2 centuries before any of us were born.

I never said you were unaware, Samurai, again I was merely pointing out sins of the past as you did of us, and that calling us cowardly and dishonorable is something I can easily pull more than one example of from your past, as well as our own or indeed that of ANY great house.

In short, I did not impugn your honor so stop acting like I did, or I will do so that you may see the difference.

How many citizens of the Federated Suns show any regret for what their realm inflicted on the planets and population of the Capellan Confederation when they started a fourth Succession War?

Again with the hypocrisy. Suffering is a part of every war. I can ask the Steiners all about the suffering the DCMS has inflicted as well as comrades of both the AFFS and DCMS, indeed I could ask that of many, including the FRR. Again, I say to you: Stop being a hypocrite, Samurai.

#86 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Bushido is nothing. There is only Prowess. If you can stomp on everyone's neck, you can be your own code. If you cant, then I can understand being a lickspittle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users