Is There A Improved Hbk-4P?!

28 replies to this topic

#21 ianoji

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

You sound like cost is a factor. I really honestly think a 4 LL or 4 PPC cat K2 might make you happy, and be a gateway to experimenting with double ballistics set up on it later.

#22 MuKen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

View PostKajiya, on 19 April 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Its the premium one, i dont want to spend money on the game yet.
Basicly its 100 more armor .3 more sustained dps and 9 less alpha, the higher range and better cooling looks promising atleast.
Iam not sure if i like these numbers. But iam not set yet, the only thing i know is that i like my HBK alot so i probably dont want to buy something different because theres a chance i dont like it at all... sigh its so hard to choose a new mech.

If you're trying to avoid the premium, you can try the k2 lascat. It makes for a better ranged attacker because of the high mount points on the lasers. But the dragon I linked before I think will 'feel' more like the hunchback that you're used to.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ce3135d8a1f1078

#23 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Nine mlas is excessive, especially on hot maps like tourmaline. You should run two weapons groups of six in the hunch and two in the arms and apply alphas when heat permits.

#24 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Cataphracts have similar punch with the same speed and more armor. If you want to slow down a little, the stalker is hardest hitting mech IMO. I think to get what your looking for they need to add a 55 tonner, which isn't in game yet.

#25 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

well the 4P is one of the best builds you can get: fast (92 kmh with tweek), extrem high alpha and good protection (maxarmr + ams).
And with 17 DHS heat is managable (or 18 without ams). The only negative side is the range of the ml.

Its hard to get something efficient like this.

The Dragon can go faster and has more armor, but he will have less firepower and wont survive longer due to the xl engine.

If you want more firepower and range you need at least an awsome or a stalker with ll. In a smaller mech you wont fit enought dhs to cool 4-6 large lasers efficient.

The jenner f with 6 ml is also verry nice. it has jj and runs at 150 kmh. But you must manage the heat to.

Overall the 4P is one of the best energy mechs. But just try some other mechs, ballistics and missillies are a hell of fun too.
And btw: My favorite hunchy is the 4Sp. The arm mounted lasers can be devasting. But my performance in the 4p is far better ...

#26 Kajiya

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

Thanks alot guys!
Someone pmed me also and told me i should try out an CAT-C1 build which i only playd 1 round in but i liked it, it uses short range defense and 2 ERPPCS. I did okayish with it but i guess it was because i playd at 4am (atleast it was able to get rid of pesky lights).
I guess Schwarzer Peter hit the nail on the head, i usally fire 2 lasers at the same time with chain fire. I can shoot quite some time without overheating and can still alpha atleast 2-3 times. I just love my laser gatling gun haha.

Anyway i love all your suggestions you did a great job suggesting mechs, but i guess i just need to play the game some more to know exactly what i want.

#27 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

I would recommend the 6ML JR7-F for better speed and decent firepower, or the Stalker for a but less speed but all the firepower. Then again, I may be biased.

Honestly, as others have suggested, the Awesome is a great option if you are willing to dance. Respectable speed, loads of firepower and good heat management capability. Shake that torso. Or try running a dragon and get cored a lot.

#28 Kajiya

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

So i playd some rounds with the Catapult C-1 and the ERPPC layout, and i just dont like it. It feels miserable, long range sniping (over 1000 range) seems to do nothing, ya iam not hitting every shot but still i go out with max 150 damage. And i really dont like overheating after 4-6 shots because 1 shot creates 15 heat or something.

#29 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:03 AM

wait for the Orion !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users