#1 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

first off, sorry about the title! Just, was not too sure what to put. And next, I just wanted to ask a few questions since I am just not sure and have no idea where to put this.

I am a huge Davion fan girl of the Battletech Universe, but I have a few problems that make me reluctant of joining any of the awesome corps here that support the group. First off, I am a mute. My vocal cords do not work from an accident when I was young so teamspeak is kind of... my worse enemy. So I was just asking, would anyone actually accept a mech pilot like me?

I love driving heavy mechs such as the K2 Catapult and the Dragon, but I am also a good scout mech pilot... which makes it hard for teamwork since I can not use Teamspeak well. I'm looking for any corp that will accept me!

#2 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostBlue doqyn, on 19 April 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

first off, sorry about the title! Just, was not too sure what to put. And next, I just wanted to ask a few questions since I am just not sure and have no idea where to put this.

I am a huge Davion fan girl of the Battletech Universe, but I have a few problems that make me reluctant of joining any of the awesome corps here that support the group. First off, I am a mute. My vocal cords do not work from an accident when I was young so teamspeak is kind of... my worse enemy. So I was just asking, would anyone actually accept a mech pilot like me?

I love driving heavy mechs such as the K2 Catapult and the Dragon, but I am also a good scout mech pilot... which makes it hard for teamwork since I can not use Teamspeak well. I'm looking for any corp that will accept me!

Hi Blue come stop by the House TS3 server and drop with my group C4. We would be happy to give you a tryout with or without coms. Although after hearing us for a few hours you may wish we didn't have coms either :D .

#3 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostAsaru, on 19 April 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Hi Blue come stop by the House TS3 server and drop with my group C4. We would be happy to give you a tryout with or without coms. Although after hearing us for a few hours you may wish we didn't have coms either :unsure: .

I'll give it a try when I get home from work tonight lol. though, may not be too 'talkative' :D

#4 Fantastic Ergo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 242 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWolf City, Arc-Royale

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

C4 is a great team, And am glad you chose Davion!
Hope to see you in the battlefield Blue.
<S>

#5 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

I promise I won't be too annoying being unable to respond if I fight along side you guys xD

#6 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Being able to hear the other's in your Lance is useful. Even if unable to speak. I'm glad you're willing to get on and use Voice Chat! Oddly enough, I've found that as you play with a group you begin to learn each other's fighting style and coordination and sort of go into an "autopilot".

The implementation of Lances in-game has immensely helped with coordination of our Unit's Lance with the randoms on our team. I usually show where our lance is heading and the type of movement and it's helped in a lot of games (as well as backfired horribly XD).

Well, welcome to House Davion and I hope you enjoy the stay. As always, remember to bring lots of Dakka! :lol:

#7 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostBlue doqyn, on 19 April 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

I promise I won't be too annoying being unable to respond if I fight along side you guys xD

Hi Blue it was great dropping with you last night. Hope to see you back soon. Either way I think you will be glad you joined Davion this house has a lot of great units.

#8 Ohari

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

Glad to see you looking for a team!
I would say that talking in the TS channels for a team/clan/guild/regiment (whatever we're calling them here) shouldn't be a major requirement. I figure if you can hear your teammates and can type in game, you will still have an edge over non-communicating PUGs.

i think you'll be a welcome member to any House Davion regiment.

Good Hunting

#9 BigTrak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNorniron

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

Hey Blue, great fun dropping with you last night, hope you stick around with C4 to help me learn how to pilot lights :o

#10 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostBigTrak, on 22 April 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

Hey Blue, great fun dropping with you last night, hope you stick around with C4 to help me learn how to pilot lights :D

Glad you did xD I think I used my LRM cat with you on that map. I will be playing when I get home tonight, so expect to see me around to cause more destruction!!!

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Ask Noeee in TS comms as well. He runs some form of type to chat software and never has a Mic either. Might help you out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users