#21 Roma Curia

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationStates

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 19 April 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

The timeline-appropriate variants, assuming the Blackjack is to be released next month, are the BJ-1, the BJ-1DB, the BJ-1DC, and the BJ-3; IMO, we'd likely be getting some or all of those, plus a Hero 'Mech.

The BJ-1X from RS3039U also exists in the timeline. It's stock engine of 225 vs 180 for the rest with 4 flamers and 4ML without jump jets. Would be about half way between the CDA-2A and the HBK-4P in terms of speed/armor/firepower could be an interesting mech if they include it. Though it would probably have the same hardpoint layout as the BJ-3 but without the jump jets and with a larger engine. Not sure if that would be enough differentiation. I hope it is because I love the CDA-2A and would probably enjoy something slightly slower with more firepower.

Edited by Roma Curia, 04 May 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#22 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostRoma Curia, on 04 May 2013 - 07:44 AM, said:

The BJ-1X from RS3039U also exists in the timeline. It's stock engine of 225 vs 180 for the rest with 4 flamers and 4ML without jump jets. Would be about half way between the CDA-2A and the HBK-4P in terms of speed/armor/firepower could be an interesting mech if they include it. Though it would probably have the same hardpoint layout as the BJ-3 but without the jump jets and with a larger engine. Not sure if that would be enough differentiation. I hope it is because I love the CDA-2A and would probably enjoy something slightly slower with more firepower.

Though, the BJ-1X was an early prototype version that apparently never reached the production stage.
"Early Blackjack prototypes differed from the production model significantly. Originally armed with twin GM Flashpoint flamers and additional heat sinks in place of each autocannon, it lacked jump jets but was powered by a VOX 225 power plant."
(TRO 3039, pg. 128)

It doesn't make too much sense, IMO, to pass-up one of the four production models for a not-in-production prototype. ;)

Then again, the loadout of "Arrow", the personal Blackjack of ("currently", as of TRO 3050U) Leftenant-Colonel Michael Ubodo (famous for defeating a DCMS attack against the FedSuns world of Xhosa VII) is never detailed, so PGI could use their creative license to incorporate both LosTech and elements of the BJ-1X's characteristics (such as the higher-rating engine) into a Hero Blackjack...? :)

#23 BlackJackRaider

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 84 posts
  • LocationThe nordic hinterland of the Midwest

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm hoping they revisit the engine limitations for this chassis. They already did this for the Centurion. It should be limited to a 260 engine (200*1.3), but they upgraded it to a 275. If they allowed the Blackjack to go up to a 250, and allowed it more than the 5 JJs you can load on a Treb, that would make for a pretty potent little mech. I've got my fingers crossed.

#24 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

I really do want that energy weapon variant. I'm hoping I can make a mini-PPC jager with arm mounted PPC or maybe even a cluster of large lasers in the arms. I get the feeling like I'll have to just soldier on through the ballistic variants, like with the balistic HBKs, but maybe with the range buff to AC5s I can make something work (my favorite 4G was a dual AC5 build)

#25 Sir Sandwich

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

What i think about the Blackjack ;)

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/184585/

#26 HexSystem6

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:30 AM

I just want a higher engine cap, so I can mod it into a Phoenix Hawk. Maybe the "Hero" mech from this chassis will be the BJ-2 variant. I would actually buy that one. The BJ-x series would then have a E-boat, Ballistic var and, missile var available to it. This would make it a very versatile chassis to have and the very definition of what medium mechs are supposed to be.

#27 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

Moving to Medium subforums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users