102 replies to this topic

#81 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

Its about how much bang for your buck your willing to settle for. I have never ever in my entire life paid more than 60-70$ for a game that was not a collectible boxed set with awesome stuff inside, and those games would be 95% bug free...........now before you loose your mind, this is a beta, a year later still a beta, yes so doing everything besides obviously ramming a cactus up your outdoor..or gouging as some ppl call it.........is allowed to slide.............Standards and the utmost attention to core engine, or the story lore details must be upheld if this game will cost so much to enjoy once its live.........I wont pay more for half hearted sub standard software....... who would........

#82 Morhadel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostPurplefluffybunny, on 20 April 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

:P

Nice one Mycrus.

OP you should go read this article http://www.gamefront...-at-great-risk/

Once you have read that ProtoformX, I would be interested to know if you still feel the same way.

Good Article
I guess that I am going to turn out to be a false whale. I dropped my $120 for founders then i was ready to drop $100 more on MC (I still had 16,000 MC of the original 20,000) to get a year of premium. Well Low and behold, they announce 3rd person view the day before i get paid. So now im sitting on my MC, Waiting to see if they go threw with the 3rd PV and how they do it. If they cancel 3rd PV i will spend more money if they dont, depending on how 3rd PV is implemented I will just be a Free player or quit the game all together.

#83 Und3rSc0re

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:09 PM

Damn op being addicted to this game is like being addicted to white horse with 80% of it being cut with chalk. I hope you don't start playing a game that is actually addictive.

Edited by Und3rSc0re, 20 April 2013 - 03:10 PM.

#84 Forestal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostDCLXVI, on 20 April 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

pause the dumb act for one second, pick up a dictionary and look up the words that I am typing. >>>>> What is this reward/benefit we are entitled to? <<<<<< im seriously dying to know what everyone feels they are entitled to. dictionary.com please I need to know! (edit: if you really want to break the will of a complainer, hire more non English speaking employees it works for Microsoft and it is working on me, I just give up I don't even remember my point. complaint sovled thanks)

In the spirit of mod's derailing this thread to make personal annoucements, i derail this thread to announce Mason Grimm is now the first mod in my ignore list.... which I guess is the ultimate sign that I should be reading OTHER gaming sites for MWO news/updates?

#85 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostProtoformX, on 20 April 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

You guys must be doing something right, PGI. Just since January I've already purchased enough MC to fund two years worth of an MMO subscription. I wouldn't have ever dreamed that I would be spending this kind of cash on a F2P game. You guys have found my weakness. I feel like I'm going back to the crack dealer to refill my stash every couple weeks.

That said, I'm HAPPY to give these guys my money. Beta whatever, bugs this; who cares? I play this game like 20 hours a week. That's a crapload of entertainment... For comparison I watch like 2 hours worth of TV in a week. I'll happily fund my right, and more players rights to keep playing this game.

Just put the MC in this bag so I can have my pink stompy robots... Now shut up and take my money!

Posted Image

Welcome to the ill advised purchase club. Would you like some stock in pets.com?

#86 ProtoformX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 20 April 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

You are going back to the crack dealer, except crack is cheaper. Might wanna reconsider what you're doing.

The sad, sad part of this story is that I can assure you that you're wrong. Hahaha.

#87 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 20 April 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

You know, believe it or not, not every gamer out there is a hyperdemanding connoisseur who demands 70 FPS and seamless immersion with every single match. There is a decent proportion of gamers who are perfectly fine as long as they can just get through every match. Some people would happily play with a wireframe, just for the thrill of competing.

My textures flicker all the time. I get stuck on bridges. My FPS swoops down to 10 when I get into a hug-fest. I get carved up by PPC/Gauss. My HUD dies. This is all on low-end settings across the board. And it just doesn't bug me. Don't know why. It just...doesn't. Maybe I'm a more laid-back person, but I don't need to see every twig on every tree, nor feel the need to have it destructable, for me to enjoy the game. I'm fine.

Ok, this one gave me a chuckle. The assumptions about me are astounding and I can't help but giggle now and again.

I am critical of company's for one, very specific reason, because they are selling a product, and that product should be the best it can be. Those of us that roll over and take it, especially in regards to gaming as a product, are the one's that allow games like "The War Z" and "Aliens:Colonial Marines" launches to look acceptable.

I'm really starting to wonder if there's not some truth to this "Generation of gamers" thing that was talked about earlier in the thread. I remember a time when a company that put out a broken game at launch, got laughed at, their product didn't sell, and they ended up closing up shop because word got around fast enough... OR they were lucky enough to beable to send out a few patch floppy disks/cd's and actually keep the software from completely dying. Then they did ok... but typically they were laughed out of town and had a lot of unhappy customers.

I don't understand what it is these days with people accepting a sub-par product. And just rolling with it. This "It's ok, they'll fix it later" mentality is simply letting company's get away with it.

Now that's not to say I'm not understand of PGI's developmental path they have chosen. They're already looking 6+ months ahead, they're not focused on the now, they're focused 6 months down the line. And that would be fine... If this was a game that didn't need content RIGHT NOW.

Also I'm not all about graphics. I still play Mechwarrior 1 and 2 for christ sakes! Graphics don't make a good game... HOWEVER... Important UI elements, such as oh... THE HUD! are kinda important for gameplay to avoid teamkilling at the most basic of levels. Also I'm apparently a minority because I rely on the grid references that my Minimap provides me, when that goes out, I end up suffering from a loss of tactical input, which causes my preformance in a match to suffer because I don't have all the details/Cannot respond to teammate's calling out grid locations [Oh a fun fact, when your Minimap disappears. the tactical map by pressing "B" also disappears, so I can't use that either.]

It's also hard for me to sympathize when there are bugs in the game still yet, at this very moment, that have been in the game since the first wave of Friends and Family beta! I'd have to say, that's a rather large, glairing issue. It's been 10 months, fix some of the basic issues!

You always want to build apon a steady foundation. And PGI has been making one of the most wobbly, unsteady foundations I've ever seen in a video game. And I've had the pleasure of beta testing more than my share of games. Both in "Real" beta's and the promotional "EA" idea of a beta.

Is there fun to be gained from this game? Absolutely, It's a battletech based simi-sim. It's mechwarrior, and god do I love me some mechwarrior. But I didn't want to see Mechwarrior 4 all over again. And the way weaponry and all has been balanced recently. That's what we're seeing. I'm already convinced that it'll go away eventually, but when playing 2-3 matches saps the fun out of the game, Yeah, I have to walk away.

The shame is, I care about this property, A TON. As I've stated in other threads, Battletech/Mechwarrior has ties to my family, and I care about it dearly. It's why I stick around. Though my playtime has dwindled to less than 4 hours a week at this point... I barely log in, I have hardly any desire to because I know what I'm logging into. What's even worse, is I have over 30 days of premium time counting down. And it's just not being used because of the state of the game.

#88 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

I am having fun also. Do I like the bugs no. But I am stil having fun and waiting for fixes. And balance really is not bad. More tweeks are needed but it is not terrible.

#89 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 20 April 2013 - 12:58 AM, said:

You, are fine with the game, despite the mini-map bug, despite loss of textures, FPS bugs, weapon balancing issues, you name it...........So tell me OP, what is it that they've.............. But what keeps you coming back to this mech arena shooter at this point?

For me? Its because its Battletech. I don't care about other mecha games because they aren't battletech. I think thats the reason people are still here. As for the minor bugs which don't really affect gameplay? I just get over it. No HUD? Oh well, I play and finish the game to the best of my ability. I've gotten 4 kills with no hud before! No textures? I haven't had textures on frozen city for like 4 months, but I just deal with it because its much more fun to play than forum QQ'ing or rage-quitting.

#90 Chain Fire

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostSurtr, on 20 April 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

For me? Its because its Battletech. I don't care about other mecha games because they aren't battletech. I think thats the reason people are still here. As for the minor bugs which don't really affect gameplay? I just get over it. No HUD? Oh well, I play and finish the game to the best of my ability. I've gotten 4 kills with no hud before! No textures? I haven't had textures on frozen city for like 4 months, but I just deal with it because its much more fun to play than forum QQ'ing or rage-quitting.

That is pure poetry.

#91 Little Nemo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 588 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

#92 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostSurtr, on 20 April 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

I can agree here... "Because it's battletech" Is literally the only reason I'm still here. In any capacity.

#93 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 20 April 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

I don't understand what it is these days with people accepting a sub-par product. And just rolling with it. This "It's ok, they'll fix it later" mentality is simply letting company's get away with it.

You might want to ask the same about the products of companies such as Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM. The software they release often contain loads of bugs, and yet companies the world over still buy and use them as is, pay a boatload of money for the privilege, and hope that these same bugs eventually get fixed. This has been going on since these companies first came into existence decades ago.

Why? Because people who use the products still derive enough value from them:

Value >> Problems

And so, as far as MWO is concerned:

Fun >> Problems

It's really just as simple as that.

Edited by Mystere, 20 April 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#94 Project Dark Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'm more like OP... mostly in the sense that money situations aren't letting me purchase additional MC for awhile, but I still need to get my gaming fix. Aside for converting GXP, I've not spent any MC in a few weeks! I know there's some smaller issues, but the current game in place is still a wonderful experience, arena BS or not. I am crushing other giant walking tanks with my giant walking tank.
I'm fixated on either the "now" or the "next patch" (as well as when my personal Internet will come back online), I'm not too worried about the roadmap at this time because I am quite happy with the product I have now.

I have spent the money I did specifically to fund the development of this game. I am extremely certain that I have not received $200 worth of game out of this project by a very, very long shot, but I just don't care. The core gameplay is where it's at, and I hope that never changes. (... The core gameplay, that is. I'm not otherwise fond of being ripped off. But I have faith that my investment will have paid off for PGI/IGP eventually.)

Edited by Project Dark Fox, 20 April 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#95 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 20 April 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

My point is that I wanted to play THAT game, not this arena style crapfest.

It should be obvious by now that PGI's eyes were a little bigger than its stomach in the short-term. That's disappointing, but a forgiveable offense in my eyes. It's certainly easier to believe than imagining them sitting in a dark room with cigars, cackling like madmen as they plotted to swindle Lonestar1771 of a hundred dollars.

#96 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 21 April 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

It should be obvious by now that PGI's eyes were a little bigger than its stomach in the short-term. That's disappointing, but a forgiveable offense in my eyes. It's certainly easier to believe than imagining them sitting in a dark room with cigars, cackling like madmen as they plotted to swindle Lonestar1771 of a hundred dollars.

Wow, these forums get more and more ridiculous everyday. Please show proof where I said pgi went out of their way to deceive me? Yes I said I felt deceived but NEVER did I say they specifically went out of their way to do so on my behalf. If you like a good old fashion BOHICA then by all means continue to do so, but me, I will continue to let pgi know my displeasure, disappointment and my all around lack faith and trust in them.

#97 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostDCLXVI, on 20 April 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Posted Imagelololol I actually don't care as much as I let on, if your having fun, enjoy

I just need to note that I <3 beluga whales and that picture is awesome.

#98 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 20 April 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

The issue I have is that they pitched and sold a concept that has been completely thrown out the window. I feel more deceived than cheated.

Did this game become my little pony super fun adventure since I logged off? Because since the last time I was on it was still a badass mech game where I get to explode big stompy robots in my big stompy robot.

#99 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostForestal, on 20 April 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

In the spirit of mod's derailing this thread to make personal annoucements, i derail this thread to announce Mason Grimm is now the first mod in my ignore list.... which I guess is the ultimate sign that I should be reading OTHER gaming sites for MWO news/updates?

Lol u mad

Edit: why the hell didn't it combine my posts like it usually does. Oh well, I'm on my phone, not going to fix that >.>

Edited by hammerreborn, 21 April 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#100 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Posthammerreborn, on 21 April 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Did this game become my little pony super fun adventure since I logged off? Because since the last time I was on it was still a badass mech game where I get to explode big stompy robots in my big stompy robot.

What does your opinion of the game have anything to do with the way I feel about it?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users