Ground Branch - old R6/GR style tactical shooter Kickstarter

2 replies to this topic

#1 Flogger23m

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Figured some of you would be interested in the title Ground Branch. Essentially it is a modern take on realistic tactical shooters like the old Rainbow 6, SWAT 4, and Ghost Recon (not the new Vegas/GRAW stuff). The founder of the game worked on the original R6 and GR. The genre is essentially dead (SWAT 4 was released in 2005) so if you miss these types of games I would look into it.

Development started some years ago but sadly publishers are not interested in funding such games anymore, so they have decided to put up a Kickstarter page. Essentially you make a pledge, and if they hit their goal of $425,000 within 31 days you are charged. If you donate $15 you get the finished game for backing the project; not a bad price for a game.

If they don't hit $425,000, you are not charged and the project goes unfunded. If you're interested, make a pledge.

Here is the link:
http://www.kickstart...3/ground-branch

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like realistic games/simulators which is why I have been following Mech Warrior as it looks like the closest thing we can get to a mech simulator. I'm sure there are others on this forum like me so I thought someone here might be interested in Ground Branch.

#2 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

it interesting that ground branch is now going kickstart after being in "development" for so many years. i wrote them off as dead years ago.

Take Down made it despite its very rocky start, so im sure these guys can pull something off.

Also a note: it seems these guys will be focusing on the multiplayer aspect, where as TakeDown is focusing more on the single-player aspect, so awesome!

Edited by That Guy, 04 June 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#3 Flogger23m

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Ground Branch is going for PvP up front as that is the easiest to make. There will be a basic co-op mode against bot AI, which can offer some fun. If they hit $700,000 we can expect proper enemy AI, friendly AI that we can issue orders to in a proper co-op (and likely SP) mode.

As for development, it was essentially stopped for a while in between where John worked with TWI on RO2 as well as things for the US military. But they are ready to go back into full development assuming they reach their goal. If you are interested in the game still make a pledge if possible. If not, let your gaming friends know.

As for, it Takedown is co-op first, then SP/PvP next.

Between GB, the DCS line, RoF, and now Mechwarrior I feel gaming is slightly redeeming itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users