Gtx 670 And Black Screen

12 replies to this topic

#1 Lincoln Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

I have a 3.2 cpu, 8g of ram and gtx 670 drives are 314.22 and no overclocking. I have been getting alot of crashes in mwo.Started about 3 to 4 patches ago. I will get a black screen and sometimes will hear humming sound in my headset and my pc will restart. I have brought in my pc to a computer repair shop and had it checked out. Temp in game for GPU is around 60c to 65c and my CPU is around 35c to 40c. useing CPuid and Evga Precision X. I don't know what else I can do to fix this problem.

Edited by T o o m b s, 21 April 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#2 PerryRaptor

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Toombs,

Possibly, your stability issue lies with memory settings in BIOS and/or motherboard drivers.

1. You should be able to disable "automatic PC restart" in your Windows OS -- at least you should be able to get a BSOD and write down what failure(s) are occuring and google them.

2. Remove half of your RAM. Consult the motherboard manual and install an identical 2-module (matched-pair) RAM kit into the appropriate pair of module sockets that will produce a dual-channel configuration. Some motherboard Chipsets actually work better with only 4.0 GB (2 x 2.0 GB) of match-pair system RAM.

3. Consult your motherboard manual, manufacture BIOS updates and drivers available online.

Edited by PerryRaptor, 20 April 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#3 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

It might be RAM or HDD errors, causing blue screen auto restart errors

#4 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Sounds like a low voltage issue to the processor to me. Since you're not overclocking, the first place I'd start would be with your power supply and have it thoroughly tested for stability, though it could be a GFX driver issue [on rare occasions they don't install/update properly] or even a problem with the MwO client itself [I can't TELL you how many times I've had to reinstall after updates due to random fatal glitches. . though I haven't experienced what you're describing personally]

Becareful of "Computer repair shops" Check online and make sure they're a reputable well established business. Avoid chains such as Worst Buy's Dork Squad: I can tell you from experience [as an ex employee] 90% of their staff knows next to nothing about computers.

#5 Badconduct

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Low voltage and RAM errors sound correct.

You will want at least a good 650W power supply for that card.

Run Prime95 and see if it locks up.

Edited by Badconduct, 21 April 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#6 Lincoln Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

I have cool master silent pro gold 1000w power supply.

Edited by T o o m b s, 21 April 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#7 Badconduct

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

Run Prime95 for an hour or so, see if you get an error.

http://files.extreme.../file.php?f=205

If that works, try the 3D Mark demo or cinembench
http://www.3dmark.com/
http://www.maxon.net/?id=1258

First; recreate the issue.

#8 Lincoln Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

and sometime I get this Unsupported video card detected. Continuing to run might lead to unexpected results or crashes. Please check the manual for futher information on hardware requirements.

#9 Lincoln Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

no problems with prime95

#10 Lincoln Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

So I ran the 3d Mark 11 just the demo. I did not crash and my max temp 68 C.

#11 RiSE

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

I have no more of these problems after I change the Windows 7 Theme from Aero to simple.

#12 Star Captain

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSheboygan

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

I have been having the same problem. Ungraded power supply, graphics card and replaced RAM. MWO seems to be the common link in this chain.

#13 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

I use the GTX 650 and get the "Unsupported video card detected. Continuing to run might lead to unexpected results or crashes." once a month or so. I've heard other people get this too but dunno If It's just a random bug or not. My game usually runs fine other than the known issues.

I hope they fix the problem where you freeze up and have to alt+tab in and out.. It's a real buzz-killer during a brawl >.<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users