Best Dakka Build

34 replies to this topic

#1 GrizzleFist

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Dakka is the art of spraying as much lead as you can downrange to continually suppress and annoy the hell out of the enemy. It isn't always the most damage effective build, or the smarted build even, but ******** it is fun.

Originally I used a build with the Jagermech having 6 AC/2's

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f0e6aa633e5ec28

I thought this would be the best since 6 AC/2's is better than 4 or 5 and therefore more damage, after a few dozen matches I got rid of 1 AC/2 and replaced it with several heatsinks.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b00a0941dcf4bb6

This turned out to be the better build as it let me pump lead downrange a lot longer than the first build would let me. With both builds I have been able to contiunuly surprise the enemy with a constant stream of what sounds like machine gun fire.

I use a mouse macro to do this, and reccmomend everyone else to use one as well. It makes it waaay more fun. Anyone else have any builds or suggestions?

#2 Son of Horus

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationDragon Riding

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'm too new to the game to help you, but I must say you're the 1st person I've seen who hasn't dissuaded me from using the DD at all!

#3 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

Soooo Much glass... Although I understand why you make the armor that weak for a desire to have sufficient ammo and heat management, mine is a fine example of what happens when you just don't want to die. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1d8142e5d9b6fc0

#4 GrizzleFist

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostSkadi, on 20 April 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Soooo Much glass... Although I understand why you make the armor that weak for a desire to have sufficient ammo and heat management, mine is a fine example of what happens when you just don't want to die. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1d8142e5d9b6fc0

I originally thought the same thing, but with the ac'2s and me needing to be out in the open a lot. I try to play a support role, with other mechs being in front taking the damage. If I'm 1v1 a heavy or assault and they get in close enough to start hitting me, im dead anyway. Might as well use the extra space for ammo and heatsinks.

I have been legged probably 3 times in the 200 matches i have played with the jager. People know the jager's weakenss is its torso and they usually just go straight for that and ignore legging me.

Edited by GrizzleFist, 20 April 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#5 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostGrizzleFist, on 20 April 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

I originally thought the same thing, but with the ac'2s and me needing to be out in the open a lot. I try to play a support role, with other mechs being in front taking the damage. If I'm 1v1 a heavy or assault and they get in close enough to start hitting me, im dead anyway. Might as well use the extra space for ammo and heatsinks.

Unless you run into a inherent ******* of a player like me... who likes to pick off support mechs first. Although I feel ya, mine is neither heat efficient or ammo efficient but its hella fun when its working properly in the right hands... (although im having too much fun in my highlanders atm to care for it)

#6 GrizzleFist

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostSkadi, on 20 April 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Unless you run into a inherent ******* of a player like me... who likes to pick off support mechs first. Although I feel ya, mine is neither heat efficient or ammo efficient but its hella fun when its working properly in the right hands... (although im having too much fun in my highlanders atm to care for it)

ha yea thats true. I'm still trying different things but I feel pretty good with the build I posted in my first post. If I can catch a enemy mech in the open, unaware where I am. I can melt his armor away fast, by the time he either moves to hide or to enage, his armor is already half gone or close to it. And I'm already moving back into my cover.

This thing also eats away at lights who arent circling around me, and even then I can kill them usually if they arent really good.

The biggest rush is just using the mouse macro and having them all fire after one another, a steady stream of bullets.

Edited by GrizzleFist, 20 April 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#7 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

View PostGrizzleFist, on 20 April 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

ha yea thats true. I'm still trying different things but I feel pretty good with the build I posted in my first post. If I can catch a enemy mech in the open, unaware where I am. I can melt his armor away fast, by the time he either moves to hide or to enage, his armor is already half gone or close to it. And I'm already moving back into my cover.

Best moment ever with 6 AC2's is when a jenner was running from our team, began to run straight for me unaware I was there because his torso was twisted and just unloaded the second he turned around and head capped him... apparently he though 1 head armor was a brilliant idea.

#8 GrizzleFist

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostSkadi, on 20 April 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Best moment ever with 6 AC2's is when a jenner was running from our team, began to run straight for me unaware I was there because his torso was twisted and just unloaded the second he turned around and head capped him... apparently he though 1 head armor was a brilliant idea.

ha yea. Killing a light mech in a matter of seconds always leaves a good feeling. They can avoid alpha strikes, but they can't avoid a fire hose.

Edited by GrizzleFist, 20 April 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#9 Skadi

• 4,268 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostGrizzleFist, on 20 April 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

ha yea. Killing a light mech in a matter of seconds always leaves a good feeling. They can avoid alpha strikes, but they can't avoid a fire hose.

Ugh all this talk of fun times while im bored refusing to solo drop... now I must search the public TS's for a group.

#10 ho1mes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

I think the jager DD with the AC2x5 is the best all round max dakka builds. I've been tempted to try the 6 AC2 but know it's just not practical. As it it, 5xAC2 is barely practical with the high heat costs and that's with coolant flush. I find the cataphract 4x more powerful and tougher with AC2/UAC5 combo though. So why run 5 ACs? Because it's fun. Usually get decent damage.. 400 - 600+ and one or two kills a match with my jager. :)

#11 loliza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

i run my DD with 6xac2 its great fun atlas rear ct gone in 4 sec yes please!! the S variant i run with 4xUac5 chainfired with macro ofc, and ofc the A is just standard ac40

imo jager is the best ballistic and most cheesy by far

#12 GrizzleFist

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:00 AM

View Postloliza, on 21 April 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

i run my DD with 6xac2 its great fun atlas rear ct gone in 4 sec yes please!! the S variant i run with 4xUac5 chainfired with macro ofc, and ofc the A is just standard ac40

imo jager is the best ballistic and most cheesy by far

Ill have to try the uac5 chainfired mouse macro. It should allow for a longer period of use before a jam occurs.

Edited by GrizzleFist, 21 April 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#13 Xandergod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 145 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm running a jager s with 4 AC5s. It has more DPS than 2 AC20s and strips components like a dream. Plus it runs on no heatsinks o.O

#14 Howdy Doody

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

I like to run only 4 AC/2s. I tried 5 but it just overheats and runs out of ammo more then I would like. Using only 4 I have 675 rounds and I almost never over heat (It is Elite).

This is BY FAR the most fun Mech in the game for me. Love playing suppression support!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a5e29824efbf809

EDIT: 3 Ultra AC/5s and 4 med lasers works well also.

Edited by Howdy Doody, 23 April 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#15 Arctourus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

My DD has four ac2s and two mlas. I can't remember, but I think there is around 575 ammo to split between them. I went ahead and mounted the two mlas for backups and tried to maximize my heat sinks and armor. I run out of ammo half the time, but I'm learning to be more conservative. I've got a great gaming mouse, but the ^*%*&* software for programming macros doesn't like to work. I can't seem to figure it out, so I pair the two left ac2s with the left button and the two right ones with the right button. It lets me fire around corners without wasting ammo. Also, I can click one but just ahead of the other for a rapid fire feel with two slugs hitting together instead of just one. Works pretty good. They have their limitations, but I've been loving the jager since I got it tricked out.

#16 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Does someone have an Auto hotkey script for UAC5 that reduces jamming? Im not a computer whizz and failed at several attempts....

#17 Lord Psycho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:15 AM

4 ac2 is really all you ever need. I'd argue just 3 but I digress. Either way with the extra 2 bllistic slots, you could arm it with some MGs and pe uber cruel to those people your stripped of armor when they get close. might even be able to throw in some energy weapons for a bit of tickle.

#18 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

that's what I ended up going with... 4 AC/2, 2 MGs and 2 MPL....not a bad combo.

#19 Biggieboy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostGrizzleFist, on 21 April 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

Ill have to try the uac5 chainfired mouse macro. It should allow for a longer period of use before a jam occurs.

There's a special place reserved in hell for people using scripts for UAC5's

#20 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostBiggieboy, on 07 May 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

There's a special place reserved in hell for people using scripts for UAC5's

why? the gun should only fire single rounds and autofire on a double click...not our fault pgi hasnt fixed it yet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users