• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

<--- This One
1. Would/Will buy it.

2. Will shelve the rulebook, box, accessories.

3. Will paint and play with the mini's (and by "play" I don't mean rulebooks and dice, mean stomping them around going pew pew :o , yea, totally. Put 'em on the shelf with "Daddy's Toys"... you heard me)

4. Will pretend that they are, in fact, mechs... (and not "mecha" or "destroids" or "veritech")

but don't get me wrong. I adored Robotech, still do. Have an authentic, jittery, tracking-line infested vhs recording of the whole first season around here somewhere.

#3 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

F*** Harmony Gold. I could care less and this is a personal stab at Battletech and Mechwarrior games in general.

#4 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

Well that explains why there will not be any new macross unseen plastic models (or any other material for that matter) for Battletech... Ever.

Still looking cool and i would get in on this if i did not have a bunch of Warmachine models that needed to be painted first.

#5 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Catalyst and/or Studio Nue needs to sue Palladium for making miniatures of the Unseen since they lack the license to use the mech designs from SLDF: Macross. The license Palladium has from HG is invalid since HG's license from Tatsunoko is invalid because of the 2006 Japanese Supreme Court ruling that states that Studio Nue owns the copyrights to the mech designs and Tatsunoko has the copyrights to the animation.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 23 April 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#6 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

LOL

Warhammer!
Marauder!
Stone Rhino!

#7 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

I suggest we all log in to the pledge site and ask when they will give permission to use the Mech designs in MWO.

#8 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 23 April 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

Catalyst and/or Studio Nue needs to sue Palladium for making miniatures of the Unseen since they lack the license to use the mech designs from SLDF: Macross. The license Palladium has from HG is invalid since HG's license from Tatsunoko is invalid because of the 2006 Japanese Supreme Court ruling that states that Studio Nue owns the copyrights to the mech designs and Tatsunoko has the copyrights to the animation.

And Harmony Gold owns those right in the U.S as far as U.S law is concerned

Edited by Fabe, 24 April 2013 - 05:56 AM.

#9 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostFabe, on 24 April 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

And Harmony Gold owns those right in the U.S as far as U.S law is concerned

No, it doesn't since the US and Japan are signatories to the Bern Convention which means that the US has to respect Japanese copyright law and abide by their court rulings. Since Tatsunoko did not have the rights to the mech and character designs it cannot legally under contract law license them to another company. Such a contract is null and void from the time it was signed.

#10 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 23 April 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

why should Catalyst get involved in this. They have not point to stand on. Studio Nue might depending on how the agreement is worded. But since it is unlikley that we will see the exact contracts... Trying to tell who should do what is pointless.

#11 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 24 April 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

why should Catalyst get involved in this. They have not point to stand on. Studio Nue might depending on how the agreement is worded. But since it is unlikley that we will see the exact contracts... Trying to tell who should do what is pointless.

Catalyst should get involved since they were in the right originally for their 25 years of Battletech book and HG's attempts at removing the art Catalyst legally had the right to.

Studio Nue can get involved because they never licensed the designs to HG. Tatsunoko is the one that licensed them.

When I want your opinion on something I'll give it to you.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 24 April 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#12 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

I am conflicted. I want my unseen. I could have my unseen if I bought these. I do not want to support Harmony Gold in any way other than support them out of the nearest tenth story window. This would be supporting Palladium, however, rather than Harmony Gold. That said Harmony Gold probably got paid by Palladium for the rights to make this thing. That means I would indirectly support Harmony Gold, which makes me twitch all over.

I am conflicted and annoyed!

Oh, and of course the Glaug Officer's Pod is too large in scale to be used as a Marauder in BattleTech.

#13 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

i hope it fails... it hurts so much to see that Warhammer captured and held hostage in that clip... the gods damn HG...

#14 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 25 April 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

i hope it fails... it hurts so much to see that Warhammer captured and held hostage in that clip... the gods damn HG...

Well, the thing is it's not Harmony Gold who'd suffer if it fails. HG wouldn't be affected at all. Only Palladium, a relatively innocent third party to the FASA/HG dust-up would suffer for it since it's their game. All they are guilty of is licensing the right to make Robotech games from HG. Hating them for that would be like Hating PGI and MWO for whatever evil actions Microsoft might committ since PGI licensed the right to make Mechwarrior computer games from them.

#15 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 25 April 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Well, the thing is it's not Harmony Gold who'd suffer if it fails. HG wouldn't be affected at all. Only Palladium, a relatively innocent third party to the FASA/HG dust-up would suffer for it since it's their game. All they are guilty of is licensing the right to make Robotech games from HG. Hating them for that would be like Hating PGI and MWO for whatever evil actions Microsoft might committ since PGI licensed the right to make Mechwarrior computer games from them.

i´m a Battletechist^^ everything else can die a grewsome death :) (not to be taken serious :()

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users