• The God
  • The God
  • 153 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLodz, Poland

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

Everyone knows that the Clan weapon is "better". Definitely better. For that reason, there is general concerns that the clan tech will be P2W.

Many also believe that selling Clan weapons for an ordinary currency is also not a good idea and sales for the MC would be a low blow.

In my opinion, a solution that would satisfy PGI (sales MC), as well as people "anti P2W" is: buying/unlock clan weapons/tech for GXP.

With this solution, you still need to play to have XP to convert. Those with a small amount of time, but playing can make the exchange, and the "F2P people" will simply grind for clan tech. Additionally, with this solution you can't just buy anything right after you install the game.

-----------------------------------

Edit: ASK THE DEVS 36 - ANSWERS!

* Riddler9884: Are there currently any new weapons or variations of weapons in the works?
A: Yes, we are adding all of the Clan weapons.

Edited by Taj, 23 April 2013 - 01:26 AM.

#2 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

They... haven't provided any info at all about the clan implementation. This is all wild, untamed, 100% pure grade A speculation.

Edit: I like the GXP idea though. But it would be grindy. WOT grindy.

Edited by Kiiyor, 23 April 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#3 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

ok, speculation: i have serious doubts on how they will implement these plain OP weapons - it was a balance prob in TT and it will be one here even more.

Maybe we will see 12 vs 10 as balance (company vs. binary star)

#4 OpCentar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Everyone should have access to everything. Clan weapons should be long range, high heat with a double or so C-Bill cost over IS versions.

But that shouldn't stop you from taking them on your IS mech if you want to, or make you pay GXP. If you insist on GXP then make it only for tech not weapons. Want enhanced imaging? 15k GXP.

View Post627, on 23 April 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

ok, speculation: i have serious doubts on how they will implement these plain OP weapons - it was a balance prob in TT and it will be one here even more.

Maybe we will see 12 vs 10 as balance (company vs. binary star)

12 IS vs 10 Clan = Clanners win, every time.

They will decimate IS lances if they attempt to close the distance or simply alpha the **** out of them if they get into a brawl.

#5 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

srsly talk about it in clan forum and stop this ****
CLANS are not in the game now and wont
until the game went live and an seperate
open beta for them so stick to this till then

The Clans doesnt exist
they are a myth
you have been warned

#6 DerSpecht

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

We already ARE using clantech!

I mean in Mechwarrior shooting beyond 600m was impossible due to the targeting systems.. PPC warriors hit you at 1500m... now what?

#7 1stBEAST

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

In Podcast #68 at minute 53 they are talking about clan tech a bit...
points talked about:
-they already "finished" there first omni mech and they are playing around with it to test the configs and values
-they will also look at the heat managment MAYBE the clans getting better Heatsinks
-there will be a internal testingphase at PGI and if i understand it correctly a Public one....

#8 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

View Post1stBEAST, on 23 April 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

In Podcast #68 at minute 53 they are talking about clan tech a bit...
points talked about:
-they already "finished" there first omni mech and they are playing around with it to test the configs and values
-they will also look at the heat managment MAYBE the clans getting better Heatsinks
-there will be a internal testingphase at PGI and if i understand it correctly a Public one....

Public Announcement in 30-60 days

Maybe not Clan but atleast a Public Test Server

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 23 April 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#9 DarkDevilDancer

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Your dreaming if you think IS mechs will be able to mount clan tech at the start, if they are following the lore then you won't have access till 3055 and then you'll need to be a part of fedcom or the combine.

The clans got stopped by shear numbers and trickery, they maintain their tech advantage for a real long time.

Strong clan techs fine, balance it by the clans dropping with half the other sides tonage.

#10 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

I want ER medlasers and Clan PPCs + ES and FF for my IS mechs...the rest...meh

#11 mooneyboys

• PipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostTaj, on 22 April 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Everyone knows that the Clan weapon is "better". Definitely better. For that reason, there is general concerns that the clan tech will be P2W.

Many also believe that selling Clan weapons for an ordinary currency is also not a good idea and sales for the MC would be a low blow.

In my opinion, a solution that would satisfy PGI (sales MC), as well as people "anti P2W" is: buying/unlock clan weapons/tech for GXP.

With this solution, you still need to play to have XP to convert. Those with a small amount of time, but playing can make the exchange, and the "F2P people" will simply grind for clan tech. Additionally, with this solution you can't just buy anything right after you install the game.

* Riddler9884: Are there currently any new weapons or variations of weapons in the works?

I think the GXP is a good idea as well. Though i think of it like this: Instead of using GXP to unlock the clan weapons, you use GXP and C-Bills to buy each weapon. Of course you can always unlock a weapon so you don't have to pay GXP for the gun anymore.

Example: the Clan ER LL could be the normal price of ER LL (400k) plus somewhere between 500 to 1000 GXP (haven't decided yet) Or Clan LRM 20s could be 500k plus 1k GXP etc And to unlock each weapon could be 10k GXP per weapon.

Also on an unrelated note, do we know if Clan heatsinks are going to be implemented into the game?

#12 WandiXXL

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 38 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostTaj, on 22 April 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Clan Weapons are better because the IS bombed themselves to oblivion in the Succession Wars, while the clans only had skirmishes and they could improve the old star league tech, while the IS destroyed most knowledge of the old Star League weapons, they just recovered the old star league archives in 3020

I don't have a problem with better clan weapons, and as a clanner I wouldnt have a problem with the IS Forces having superior numbers (I would have the superior tech.

Clan system is based on a 5-count (5 Mechs are a star, 10 mechs are a binary , 15 a trinary, 3 Trinaries or 5 binaries are a Star Cluster , 3-5 Star Clusters are a Galaxy) , Is System is based on a 4-3-3 count (4 Mechs a Lance, 3 Lances a Company, 3 Companies a Battalion, 3 Battalions a Regiment etc.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users