#22 Asatur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postpenguineater91, on 27 April 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

We are a full Clan, with an Alpha Galaxy and Epsilon Training Galaxy. We are currently expanding our touman, and plan to grow even larger. We maintain the full Clan structure, from Khan, saKhan, Loremaster and Clan Council all the way to Warriors in Stars.
I think that in MWO it depends from PGI and how they will make factions (with leaders of factions or without them). Because more then two khans in one Clan in game... :D

Edited by Asatur, 27 April 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#23 Litzkrieg Radick

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

View PostNehkrosis, on 27 April 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

We are also looking for European Players, Quineg?

Aff.

View PostAsatur, on 27 April 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

I think that in MWO it depends from PGI and how they will make factions (with leaders of factions or without them). Because more then two khans in one Clan in game... :D

We understand the the in-game MWO Clan Wolf will not be limited to us - that is fine. That does not change the fact that our Clan is a group of gamers that play together.We will see how PGI implements Clans, but it will not change how we do things at www.clanwolf.org

#24 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

I didn't say i'm italian so i could have difficulty when we're speaking in TS. Is it OK for you? Will you let this freebith have a chance to join the children of Kerensky? (Hopefully, you'll see me in MWO.. maybe not)

#25 RedFoxsi

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWalnut Creek, Ca

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

If you speak English than most of us should understand you.
I am pretty good with understanding accents.

Plus we have several euro members
:-)

Edited by RedFoxsi, 28 April 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#26 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

Of course, i usually get very good marks in English at school but of course speaking while i'm shooting to an Atlas isn't as "confortable" as speaking to my teacher :D
And don't forget... i can't play MWO right now :\

#27 Viper121

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

I'm looking for a good group of players to drop into games with.

#28 Bananaphone117

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

i would love to play for Clan wolf, But i don't have a mic. If thats ok the great.

Play style: Heavy support
Mechs Chassis: Hevy

#29 Doom Radick

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts
  • Locationclan-wolf.info

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

We do have cookies.

#30 WittWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 124 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moskow

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostApocalypticDoom, on 08 May 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

We do have cookies.

show them

#31 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Clarification please.

Thread OP says

View Postpenguineater91, on 23 April 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

We are a fiercely competitive group of players looking for like-minded recruits...

But then later it's stated...

View PostKarrig, on 30 April 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

If you not a good player or you can only play a game here and there, that's ok. This Clan Wolf Unit is about bring players together for casual, competitive and role playing.

So...how competitive are you? I'm kicking around the idea of trying to join up but a competitive player I am not. Nor do I have any burning desire to be competitive in the top-tier tournament/e-sports sense of the word. Is your group focused on that kind of competitive level play or do you have divisions for the less "hardcore"?

[edit]To be clear, I'm not saying that I'm unable or unwilling to alter my play-style somewhat to accommodate group operations. But if you expect members to make X amount of drops per day or maintain certain K/D ratios or something well...this wouldn't be the group for me and vice versa.

Edited by Ardney, 10 May 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#32 bashpr0mpt

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

I think it would be prudent for the developers to take over such ancient historic BattleTech names as the houses and clans and control and manage them. I don't think player bodies of democratically elected leadership could hope to do it justice, as the politics that rises in guilds cannot be dealt with in the cruel and harsh martial manner in which it would in the BattleTech universe, ie: on the battlefield and to the death. Not to mention you have the moral and ethical question of does the right to rule descend from being the first person to register a name or claim it otherwise? Not knocking your forum group here mind you, just throwing some ideas out there that may be of benefit / food for thought.

Have you guys considered allowing such a management style? Brutal reality? Duels to decide the outcome of leadership matters? That would be pretty bloody unique and cool. That said I took a peep at your website, and it really does not do Clan Wolf much justice, I mean the real Clan Wolf. Have you considered putting the word out to get a web developer or graphic artist to give you a hand, maybe even a freebie? I have a strong artistic background, but unfortunately I work for a living and don't have the kind of time I wish I did to commit to imaginary worlds that we all like to escape into and most of us probably have since the 80's with this one in particular. I really am strapped for time lately, but if that changes I'll see what I can do. :P

It's great seeing people keeping the clan I have played for in games both table top and digital since the beginning in the mid 80's when BT started, and it's great to see I'm not alone in my fandom of such a noble clan of badassery! Keep up the good work, make us proud. I can't wait until the dev's pull their finger out and fix decals, I'm hoping for a Forza style system whereby players can paint their own mechs up. I'm still sitting in the top 50 of Forza artists and haven't touched it in two years maybe so I'm pretty goodly with vector art in games (gimme a dot and a square and I'm rolling!) so if they do make decals like they are in Forza I will quite happily give you guys free paint jobs true to form with painfully exquisite attention to detail to CW mechs.

Lobby, email, forum post, nag, be heard and demand the devs allow a Forza style art system, it will take actual player lobbying too because so far EVERYTHING graphical is just a giant con to get $$$ out of you, so as far as decals go if we don't really get stuck into them you'll be paying 2,000 mc for a one time use (hell maybe even a TIMED USE) of a clan wolf head that doesn't scale and comes in one color, probably PINK and shines bright WHITE when a light bounces off it or something full of **** and fail knowing the way things seem to be heading. Greed clouds peoples judgment, hold them to task, if you want clan wolf artwork that is mind blowing adorning your mech, true to form, as I said, you canvas, I'll give you my time. And my wacom. AND MAH AXE.

#33 CW Kuntar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationRussia, Rostov region, Shakhty

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

Please help, brothers!

How the training officer, who training sibkos in Clan Wolf, called?

Sorry for my еnglish...

#34 Phobic Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'd love to join clan Wolf, I've been playing Mechwarrior since I was a laddie, I played 2 a LOT and the fourth iteration even more. never got into living legends or the like, but MW:O has been pretty fun. My problem is that I'm between gaming machines at the moment. So I don't get to play as often as I'd like. Would it be alright if I just kinda "hang out" until I can prove my mettle?

#35 Static1Shot

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

View Postbashpr0mpt, on 11 May 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

I think it would be prudent for the developers to take over such ancient historic BattleTech names as the houses and clans and control and manage them.

They don't have, nor will they ever have any say or control over how players organize themselves outside of their game. That being said, the clans will be NPC factions that any player can align themselves to just like the Houses of the Inner Sphere.

Out of game we're Clan Wolf and in game we'll be supporting that particular faction. If other players want to support the faction but not join with us, there will literally be nothing stopping them. They could even call themselves "Clan Wolf" as well, but they'd be better off picking a particular part of the clan, such as Wolves in Exiles for example. The Clan Wolf that I'm a part of has existed before MWO and transcends more than just MWO, so I see no reason why we should go by a different name, nor do we claim to have complete ownership over the faction.

If you do decide you want to run with us, we're currently looking for more pilots. Your play style or skill level doesn't matter as long as you're mature and considerate because we have a variety of different Trinaries and stars within the Clan.

For example, I'm currently trying to fill out my star with competitive PST/CST timezone pilots to raise our standing in the community warfare. If you're interested, please contact me in game or hop onto our TS server, I'm almost always there after 7pst. We also offer training for rookies in order to help you pass your Trial of Position and improve your skills. I should warn you though, if you want me as your bondsholder or Star Commander then you should expect to be held to a high standard. I'm tough at times, but I promise results.

Edited by Static1Shot, 15 May 2013 - 06:28 PM.

#36 Moon Lancer

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Hey clan wolf! At the moment i am looking for a group to play mwo with. I do not really know many people who play this game and I started a few days ago. At the moment its really fun but I wanted to get more into the strategy of the game and the only way to do that is with some sort of teamspeak voice chat. Since there is no open voice chat integrated into the game I would like to join you clan to meet people and blow stuff up together.

#37 Static1Shot

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Feel free to either hop on our TS (clanwolf.ts.nfoservers.com) or message me in game and we'll get some drops in.

#38 karoushi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Well now that I finally understand the history of the wolf's dragoons I wouldn't mind joining Clan Wolf as long as I can then create the Wolf's Dragoons, if it hasn't already been done (if it has I would want to join them, obviously).

I am a jack of all trades, take that for what it is.

#39 Litzkrieg Radick

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Our website and Teamspeak have moved. Please see the bottom of the OP for new connections!

#40 karoushi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostKarrig, on 16 May 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

You more then welcome to come onto our Team speak and play with us, you don't have to join us. You'll get to know us, and we'll get to know you, we'll at least get you better acquainted with the game.

Well the sad news is, PGI/IGP doesn't want anyone really playing as a "canon unit" ...and yes there are a few other groups out there that are going to "pretend" that they're the Wolf Dragoons...I hope those units understand that the Wolf Dragoons where the scouting force for Clan Wolf on the invasion.

Your more then welcome to join us on Teamspeak and play with us, if not, there are countless units out there.

Yeah I understand that and if I ever feel like it I might hop into TS with you guys but generally I am use to playing alone and I listen to music and drink and such so sometimes I can be obnoxious over the mic or even shy and not want to talk much until I get use to the group of folks and know that they can understand my dark sense of humor.

Sometimes I wouldn't mind dropping with others though I just don't know how any of the team side of MWO works as I have been playing alone since I started; How do teams 'drop together'? I don't really see any system of doing it ~ or is it the "social" friends list button that allows that?

As for knowing about Wolf's Dragoons, yeah like I was saying I read up on the history on sarna and I put the direct link in my signature if you're interested on reading the history it is actually very interesting and entertaining to read lore.
Like I mentioned earlier when the Wolf's Dragoons (and it is Wolf's) took outreach it is almost as they intended to become their own nation ~ so they are a lot more than just Clan Wolf's "scout group" and more so individuals with their own intents and goals and paths to achieve them.

I slapped together the banner only because I like them and always have ever since I was first introduced to BT, not because I want to pretend to be them (wouldn't mind joining a group if it existed though).

Edited by karoushi, 17 May 2013 - 12:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users