Elo By Mech Variant

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Elo by individual variant? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the OP's suggestion?

1. Yes. (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. No. (5 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

3. Abstain. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

I've seen this idea several locations around the boards, but was unable to find a direct poll for it using the search engine. I suggest the game track Elo values not by weight class but individual variant (ex: one for RVN-2X, one for RVN-4X, one for RVN-3L, etc)

I feel that a Weight Class Elo value doesn't work for several reasons. Even the best player will not do as well in certain variants of certain mechs (The Raven and Spider chassis are a prime example of this) and I know personally I have a "best" mech in which I consistently do better than average.

While right now Elo data is still being collected and rounded out, it feels to me that if weight class discrimination is possible, so too should be variant discrimination. I don't personally see how this could be a problem barring those players who seek to exploit any system (and those players will exist regardless).

I am curious how others feel about this idea, and hope to see a discussion of any pros/cons in addition to the poll results.

Edited by DodgerH2O, 23 April 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#2 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

I believe they have already stated the reason they didn't do this was because of Dropship mode where each player could have 4 different chassis'. In which it is much better to just match an overall score.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users