Poll; Do We Want A General Forum?

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we have a 'general' sub-forum? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have a 'general' sub-forum?

1. Yes (17 votes [85.00%])

Percentage of vote: 85.00%

2. No (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote

#1 Purplefluffybunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

Yes, I know the mods have locked and closed polls on this issue. However, the thread dedicated to discussion of this change does not have a poll.

It is claimed that PGI listens to its community and this poll and thread is designed to facilitate that process. It is far easier to get a handle on the number that want a general forum via a poll, than it is to read every post in the dedicated thread to decide what the numbers for are.

I would ask posters in this thread to not discuss but rather post whether they voted yes or no. This would primarily be to keep the poll on the front page and to give an opportunity to vote, to as many as possible. Also by not discussing this topic and by keeping to just voting and expressing what you voted, we do not violate any rules nor repeat the dedicated thread.

Cheers!

I voted yes.

(remember no discussing, just what you voted. We don't want to break any rules and any discussion posts I will ask to be removed by the mods. Cheers!)

#2 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Propaganda please remove your 'discussion' and state just what you voted. I will have to report if you do not do this yourself. Cheers mate!

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 24 April 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#3 Jasen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

No, you see... The forums users are just the vocal minority of the forums. Any poll on the forums only represents a small subsection of the forums userbase. So, you can't possibly poll for the direction the forums should take on the forums, as it is biased.

Edited by Jasen, 24 April 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#4 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

in before closed.

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

This poll is NEW and EXCITING

#6 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Just vote no need for all this BS :wacko:

#7 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

This subforum is serious business.

It needs nothing but polls.

#8 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

I have this phrase on copy and paste for all the reports I've just made on the posts to this thread.

"Failure to limit post to the terms of reference as requested by the OP". Yeah, I have had to report myself.

Edited by Purplefluffybunny, 24 April 2013 - 07:36 AM.

#9 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:37 AM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 24 April 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

Hell my suggestion to put a game forum up in a semi funny manner was locked (see below). So even when posting in what appears to be the right area is wrong example:

Me:

We need a forum in here for Gameplay as a whole. Sometimes Mechs/Loadoats/Maps go hand in hand and to stay uniform to the new layout I would have to go to Mechs forum and Type "Cataphract Jumps" then go over to load out and enter "With PPC's and Gauss" then over to Off topic and put "while drinking my juice" and back into maps "on Tourmaline" followed up by Suggestions and Polls "It needs a NERF". That's alot of bouncing around. Just saying.....

Mod Locker:

If you would like to suggest a sub-forum: please join us in the [color=#b27204]dedicated thread for this purpose[/color].

Really WTF it was under suggestions and polling and suggestions. This is lame.

Posted Image

Edited by Roadbeer, 24 April 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#10 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

Voted yes, most of the General Discussion topics smelled like ****, looked like **** and were generally ****, but taking away the toilet instead of regularly cleaning it is one of the worst solutions i've seen.

Especially since some genius decided to merge the suggestion forum with the bones of GD...

Edited by Bloody Moon, 24 April 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#11 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

I voted yes just so PGI knows were still here even though I don't play there crap game much anymore. OMG they are getting such bad PR on the web they closed the General forums. hahahaahaha. Come play (WarThunder) its a much better game it is so good I even have become hooked on it. All it took was a hour of play and fun to understand how inept PGI really is with MWO. ---> http://warthunder.co...free?r=glispa13

Edited by KingCobra, 24 April 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#12 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Bloody Moon, thank you for attempting to limit your post to a simple "I voted yes/no".

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

every forum I have been on or over a decade has one. They also have a off topic.Just in case someone wants to go that route.

#14 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Purplefluffybunny, I'll close this thread for the time being. As you can see, your audience can't limit themself to the rules you posted.

I'm not sure if I can decide about this thread on my own and want to make sure to make the right decision. I'll contact you when that time comes, and if we decide to re-open and clean up this thread, I'll make my vote and post to bring this thread up again.

Fair enough?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users