29 replies to this topic

#1 Bad Karma1775

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationHouma, LA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

I want to publically thank Russ Bullock and his team. I beleive they are handling MWO with the professionalism it needs.

This is a large and complex game to develop with what anyone would consider a "crazy, cult like following". The stuff they have coming out this summer and late summer is going to be amazing.

Just put up with the little quirks a little while longer while they try to get a game of this magnitude to work without hitch.

Personally I am happy with the game.

AND JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS AND ARE WORKING ON THEM. But you need to think of this like a cruise ship, its a fun ride, there are some waves but it does take time to get places. And no the titanic and concordia dont count because neither of the captains could drive.

I have had personal communication with Russ and I promise there are some things worth sticking around for. I have invested a lot of time an money into this game and I am looking forwad to my return on investment.

So dont give up quite yet. The best is yet to come.

#2 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

bump because it is nice to see the occasional thank you thread appear on the forums. it gives me hope that maybe there are a few in the community who aren't total D-bags.

#3 Straften

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 405 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, the game is going very well.
Posted Image

#4 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Yet another net-code hotfix, and hope for the HUD-bugs? Yes, it's going well.

#5 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'll believe it when I play it.

#6 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'll play this game.

PGI... are incompetent and don't deserve a single cent from its player base. Scuttle the license, coz I straight up don't give a **** no more.

#7 Zekht

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

I have good news OP, you're on the final stage of gaming grief. The next step is 'acceptance.'

http://i39.tinypic.com/23jqt1f.jpg

#8 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

"Aware of the problems" yeah, like the machine gun, flamer, and lb 10x being next to useless because they're "crit seekers!"
Fix the MG damage and make it a viable weapon and I'll play the game again

#9 Fitzbattleaxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 214 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostBad Karma1775, on 24 April 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

I want to publically thank Russ Bullock and his team. I beleive they are handling MWO with the professionalism it needs.

This is a large and complex game to develop with what anyone would consider a "crazy, cult like following". The stuff they have coming out this summer and late summer is going to be amazing.

Just put up with the little quirks a little while longer while they try to get a game of this magnitude to work without hitch.

Personally I am happy with the game.

AND JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS, THEY ARE AWARE OF THE PROBLEMS AND ARE WORKING ON THEM. But you need to think of this like a cruise ship, its a fun ride, there are some waves but it does take time to get places. And no the titanic and concordia dont count because neither of the captains could drive.

I have had personal communication with Russ and I promise there are some things worth sticking around for. I have invested a lot of time an money into this game and I am looking forwad to my return on investment.

So dont give up quite yet. The best is yet to come.

I have nothing against the developers, and the artists, and other people who actually work on the game. I don't agree with all their decisions, but I'm sure they're doing their best to create a good product. But as far as I can tell, the rest of the company is completely incompetent, from the upper management down to the forum mods. I mean deleting your own General Discussion section to cut down on negative threads? That has to be one of the most absurdly idiotic thing I've ever heard of a game company doing. A good company respects their customers. That doesn't mean they have to give in to the demands of every childish moron with an opinion, but sabotaging your own community is just too much. They're going to have to do something truly amazing with this game to convince me to give them any more money.

Edited by Fitzbattleaxe, 24 April 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#10 Inertiamon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostBad Karma1775, on 24 April 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

This is a large and complex game

Is it?!

you need to think of this like a cruise ship, its a fun ride, there are some waves but it does take time to get places. And no the titanic and concordia dont count because neither of the captains could drive.

so is it the norovirus one that sailed in circles whilst everyone crapped themselves?

#11 ApheX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 154 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Is it intentional that most people on this forum are so bloody toxic or have they nothing else to p*ss and mown about. I really wouldn't be surprised if PGI gave up after the amount of crap they take. Wait and see. This will happen, then all of a sudden you'll have the same people going "oh why did they close the game down, they didn't give it a chance! We gave them all the support they needed and they screwed it up!"

Well, with the "support" they have had, i wouldn't blame them.

I thank you PGI for all the hard work you have put into this game so far and hope you all get the respect and credit you deserve considering some of the Toxic fans you have here.

Keep up the good work!

#12 Inertiamon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

/BN highfive even if I'm past the carestage mechwise. I was an elite founder btw, and posted many a support and suggestion request and fix along with most of the other CB members as you probably recall. Looking down the barrel of the same bugs and a string of new and worse ones at this stage has just eroded my patience.

Actually - it's not the lack of progress that grates in and of itself - it's the pseudo-MBA 101 claptrap that comes down from the top in an attempt to paint a picture where everything is 100% awesome and anyone that disagrees is a "vocal minority".

Judging by the proliferation of this type of thread the vocal minority are clearly either exceptionally vocal or not a minority.

#13 Willie Sauerland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:16 AM

View Postblinkin, on 24 April 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

bump because it is nice to see the occasional thank you thread appear on the forums. it gives me hope that maybe there are a few in the community who aren't total D-bags.

I am a total D-bag.
:(

However, I appreciate all the staff at PGI.
They have created a fun product and I am
thankful they have allowed me to be a beta tester.
I look forward to the release and many more hours
of stompy robot shoot'em-up.
Awesomely fun game guys.
And even some of the community is enjoyable too...
:D

#14 Denno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

I beleive they are handling MWO with the professionalism it needs.

Ymmv but I don't consider nuking GD, the messy and unintuitive reorginization and extreme moderation to be a mere quirk, or very professional. I'm not alone in that by a long shot either.

Having said that, I will continue to play and have fun with friends, frequent hud bugs and all; but I will be damned before I spend another cent on the game until things improve drastically.

If you like how things are going then throw money at them. If you don't, then stop. *shrugs*

#15 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostZaptruder, on 24 April 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

PGI... are incompetent and don't deserve a single cent from its player base. Scuttle the license, coz I straight up don't give a **** no more.

And yet... you're still here... posting.

#16 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostTeam Leader, on 24 April 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

"Aware of the problems" yeah, like the machine gun, flamer, and lb 10x being next to useless because they're "crit seekers!"
Fix the MG damage and make it a viable weapon and I'll play the game again

Yep make that half ton no heat having pos do 1 point damage per half second so the spider can run around and wee on everyone at 5000 meters away. MG are lame and should have a distance buff but thats it.

#17 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 25 April 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

And yet... you're still here... posting.

Did I say I'd stop posting, or stop playing the game?

I simply don't believe in rewarding the developers with any more money.

The more money and time I can drain from them by continuing to occupy their resources on the forums and on the game servers, while still finding enjoyment in the act of doing so (because I can still enjoy to some degree the game despite its current state, and despite my intense disrespect for the developers at this point in time) - the more of a win it is for me.

If the game and the dev along with it sinks, then it'll provide me with another form of satisfaction, and I'll free up plenty of time to pursue other more worthwhile ends. A better win win scenario I've not seen.

#18 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

View PostZaptruder, on 25 April 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Did I say I'd stop posting, or stop playing the game?

I simply don't believe in rewarding the developers with any more money.

The more money and time I can drain from them by continuing to occupy their resources on the forums and on the game servers, while still finding enjoyment in the act of doing so (because I can still enjoy to some degree the game despite its current state, and despite my intense disrespect for the developers at this point in time) - the more of a win it is for me.

If the game and the dev along with it sinks, then it'll provide me with another form of satisfaction, and I'll free up plenty of time to pursue other more worthwhile ends. A better win win scenario I've not seen.

maybe you should go to the games you spent $60.00 on before its was tried forums that you couldn't return but recieved 3/10 stars and talk da poo there.

#19 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostApheX, on 25 April 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

Is it intentional that most people on this forum are so bloody toxic or have they nothing else to p*ss and mown about. I really wouldn't be surprised if PGI gave up after the amount of crap they take. Wait and see. This will happen, then all of a sudden you'll have the same people going "oh why did they close the game down, they didn't give it a chance! We gave them all the support they needed and they screwed it up!"

Why would they give up when people give them money for colors and cockpit bobbles? Somehow I get the impression that they aren't so fragile that negative forum posts will have them stepping in front of traffic, let alone keep them up at night. The game as it currently stands is fun enough for me to play for free, but still quite a stretch from being one I'm willing to spend any more money on than my gambled money for the Founder package. I have serious doubt that it will become a game I would be willing to spend money on for at least another 6 months. My money has instead gone to pay for games like Starcraft II, Bioshock Infinite, Xcom and Star Wars: the Old Republic. As a fan of the Battletech IP, I would very much love for this game to reach a point of being high enough quality that I find it worth spending money on, and I also think that most everyone being critical of PGI feels similarly.

#20 superbob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

I too am sometimes impressed by the levels of negativity on these forums. Not entirely undue, IMO, but definitely too intense at times.

MWO ain't exactly what I was hoping for when I paid my $60, but nevertheless it is still Mechwarrior and IMO, it is awesome... When you look past the bugs, P2W elements, toxic community and the altogether glitchy and bare-bone nature of its beta form.

Yeah, you may have to squint a bit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users