Fun But....

11 replies to this topic

#1 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

..bugs still make the game a frustrating and terrible experience 100% of the time.

There are WAAAAAY tooo many little bugs with damage not registering, hard lock ups and HUD bugs..making the game a two thumbs down still

#2 Tesfurdo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationBlackpool UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Yes the bugs are "bad" (Personally, about 10% of my games are ruined in one way or another by bugs of some kind) ... but i need a reason to keep playing other than just having another 250k cbills in my mech lab account.

I can live with bugs, but i can't live with getting a little bored of the game recently. Killing giant robots is fun. Killing giant robots with some kind of purpose behind it could be addictive (and thus lucrative) for a LONG time!!!

I've put about £150 in to this game... and there's plenty more for the devs... but I have absolutely NO REASON to part with another penny.

#3 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

My game sessions usually end when I can't be bothered to start the game back up again after my Xth CTD.

#4 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostTesfurdo, on 04 May 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yes the bugs are "bad" (Personally, about 10% of my games are ruined in one way or another by bugs of some kind) ... but i need a reason to keep playing other than just having another 250k cbills in my mech lab account.

I can live with bugs, but i can't live with getting a little bored of the game recently. Killing giant robots is fun. Killing giant robots with some kind of purpose behind it could be addictive (and thus lucrative) for a LONG time!!!

I've put about £150 in to this game... and there's plenty more for the devs... but I have absolutely NO REASON to part with another penny.

This ^....yes, bugs need to be fixed, but no amount of bug fixes can make it fun if it has become stale....except new content! (way too slooooow a pace)

Edited by Coolant, 04 May 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#5 Kahoumono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

Between the disconnects and the bugs it hard to balance the game. Plus giving new players in stock mechs an ELO score is just trouble. Matches are 90% decided before the drop. I understand they are allocating resources for different aspects of the game but why are missle bay doors even on a list when so many players are disconnecting or have hud bugs. And like what some one already said, content makes games. Maps, game modes and mechs not fluff like bobble heads.

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostTesfurdo, on 04 May 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yes the bugs are "bad" (Personally, about 10% of my games are ruined in one way or another by bugs of some kind) ... but i need a reason to keep playing other than just having another 250k cbills in my mech lab account. I can live with bugs, but i can't live with getting a little bored of the game recently. Killing giant robots is fun. Killing giant robots with some kind of purpose behind it could be addictive (and thus lucrative) for a LONG time!!! I've put about £150 in to this game... and there's plenty more for the devs... but I have absolutely NO REASON to part with another penny.

10%? You are so lucky.

#7 Tesfurdo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationBlackpool UK

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 May 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:

10%? You are so lucky.

Yeah... I know I am proper lucky only having that many matches spoilt!

I often find that when i'm in a larger mech (thus with more weapons etc) my match is more likely to bug out... but i've switched a bit to the spider recently, over 100 games in one variant and i am struggling to think of 1 CTD or any other bug I've suffered while playing that mech.

It's only as high as 10% as well when I include "crucial" alphas etc completely missing targets... 10% is a generous figure and it's likely much smaller a percentage. I've just got a really stable rig.

I do count my lucky stars! ;)

#8 Child3k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I'd venture a wild guess: Your 10% is probably not true. Of the 16 players dropping in one match, there almost every time is at least one that suffers because of a HUD-bug or disconnect/crash. So in essence it's more like 90% spoiled/influenced games.

I'm always happy so see an absolutely bug and crash/disc-free match ... but it does not happen often enough. Putting my hopes on the coming patch which should have some fixes ...

Edited by Child3k, 05 May 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#9 Tesfurdo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationBlackpool UK

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostChild3k, on 05 May 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

I'd venture a wild guess: Your 10% is probably not true. Of the 16 players dropping in one match, there almost every time is at least one that suffers because of a HUD-bug or disconnect/crash. So in essence it's more like 90% spoiled/influenced games.

I'm always happy so see an absolutely bug and crash/disc-free match ... but it does not happen often enough. Putting my hopes on the coming patch which should have some fixes ...

If you count losing a man from your team or the enemy team then yes... it would be higher than 10% ... but it all evens out and I dont see them as "spoilt" matches. I enjoy them more if anything... esp if you lose a man. Makes you think on your feet and try new tactics etc. I don't always lose when my team loses a man... if I did then it'd suck to see disconnect. Just the same as I don't always win when I see disconnect on the enemies team.

1 match the other day there were 3 light (inc me) on my team... the lightest the enemy had was a single hunchie... thats more unbalanced than losing a man... and we still won... on kills... not cap.

Edit:

and as geeky as it is I actually record a spread sheet of EVERY game I play... less than 1 in 20 matches have a player missing from either side. I should really upload it so you can see for yourself... but i'm too lazy!!! XD

Edited by Tesfurdo, 05 May 2013 - 01:41 AM.

#10 Kahoumono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostTesfurdo, on 05 May 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

and as geeky as it is I actually record a spread sheet of EVERY game I play... less than 1 in 20 matches have a player missing from either side. I should really upload it so you can see for yourself... but i'm too lazy!!! XD

Am I reading it wrong or 19 out of 20 games have full complement of players...8v8? For me it seems like the opposite but I am playing from asia so maybe I don't have as good a ping to the servers.

#11 Tesfurdo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationBlackpool UK

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostKahoumono, on 05 May 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Am I reading it wrong or 19 out of 20 games have full complement of players...8v8? For me it seems like the opposite but I am playing from asia so maybe I don't have as good a ping to the servers.

That's what I'm saying. I'll get round to uploading the spread sheet once i've filled out the past few games worth and you can see my findings.. And in case you were wondering, I screen cap the final 2 screens with scores etc and then manually fill the sheet in.... it's a pain, but i find it interesting to see trends in my gameplay.

I live in the UK and my ping is always around the 100 mark.

#12 Tigergarden

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostCoolant, on 04 May 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

This ^....yes, bugs need to be fixed, but no amount of bug fixes can make it fun if it has become stale....except new content! (way too slooooow a pace)

I agree, the content changes are WAY to slow. While I understand they are a smaller/ish studio, barely once a month content update is maddening. I also don't seem to experience as many bugs as others (except after the most recent patch, but a couple critical updates later it appears back to normal)

I agree by stale however. I am ok with the number of 'mechs right now with current beta status, I would like to see more growth in longterm investment into the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users