"show Founders' Tag" Switch Turns Itself Off?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Title says all. I'm not shy of being identified as a founder in-game, and had it turned on, but for some reason it turned itself off when the patch that introduced the arm lock came out. So I turned it back on again.

Now it seems to keep turning itself off. I'm not sure if it's purely random, or if it only happens every time there's a patch, but it does keep doing it.

(I'll submit a support ticket as soon as I get my password reminder email through...)

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

When you notice that it is off, did you enter Options during a drop? This is the only time I have been able to reproduce it.

#3 Mad Elf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Don't think so. I had it turned on earlier this week, then noticed it was off today... didn't go into options at any point in between as far as I remember.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

But it is possible. For myself, I have been able to reproduce this by going into Options while in the game, either while waiting for the start up sequence or after the timer started ticking away. Once the drop was finished and back at the launchpad, checked options and the tag was unchecked.

#5 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

One other issue that was out there, and for the life of me I can't recall if it was supposed to be fixed in the latest patch or not, was that settings would reset if the game timed out and you had to exit and restart. If not that, then I suggest you try to submit a support ticket with before and after screenshots.

Good luck!

#6 Prince V

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationA land of cautious optimism tempered with justified skepticism.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Have the same issue here, but I've narrowed it down to accessing the options in-game just as Tarl Cabot described.
I know it's not a huge issue, but it really annoys me when things like this aren't caught/fixed in a timely manner.
Either way, hope this helps you. I've just gotten into the habit of checking it again after the match whenever I have to change an option in-game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users