33 replies to this topic

#21 RenegadeMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationUSA's Caustic Valley: Arizona

Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 26 April 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

FORMULA
  • Kills*20 + Kill Assist*10 + (DamageDone – TeamDamage)/15 + Wins*20 + Loss*10 + Survive*20 + Dead*10

Call me picky, as I do software QA for a living, but I think it would be easier to understand if "Team Damage" were renamed to "Friendly Fire Damage", given that "Team Damage" could be interpreted as "the sum of the damage dealt by the entire team."

Aside from that, these challenges keep getting better with their formulas and prize variety!

Edited by RenegadeMaster, 26 April 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#22 Tragos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

There would still be someone who thinks it means "damage he took from his own team".

#23 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

Again Garth, the people opting in should be in their own epeen stroking drop queue please.

#24 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Nice, there are a few videos out there showing faction members sync dropping and manipulating their scores to win the tournament.

#25 KKillian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 304 posts
  • LocationGeneva, IL

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostAntharPrime, on 28 April 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Nice, there are a few videos out there showing faction members sync dropping and manipulating their scores to win the tournament.

I can attest to the light board being completely legit as far as I can tell, I dont think a single person on the overall sync dropped at all unless it was while I was sleeping. I played at least a few games with each of the guys on most of the boards and they are all awesome players for sure. Why is it so hard to grasp the concept of an awesome player or admit someone might be better than you?

I would love to have a 1on1 single elimination followup competition for the top sets in each board but I'm sure that would be asking too much and the game styles are not set up for such things.

Would also love to see lesser prizes go to the 2nd and 3rd players, or even top 10 on each board also, whats a few extra cbills or a mechbays worth of MC gonna hurt? It would give more to work twards, I'm sure many of us simply give up on #1 for whatever reasons, still only see full time hardcore players on the boards for the most part, the system is still not set up for casual play. Needs a max total games played, but with the current crashing and map/UI bugs that would not be ideal or accurate. Good luck to the rest of you on the boards! I caught the flu on wednesday so I am out, running a jenner with a terrible headach is... a pain to say the least.

Great job to everyone on the boards and to all the soon to be winners! I'm gonna go nap.

Edited by KKillian, 02 May 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#26 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostKKillian, on 02 May 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

I can attest to the light board being completely legit as far as I can tell, I dont think a single person on the overall sync dropped at all unless it was while I was sleeping. I played at least a few games with each of the guys on most of the boards and they are all awesome players for sure. Why is it so hard to grasp the concept of an awesome player or admit someone might be better than you?

I would love to have a 1on1 single elimination followup competition for the top sets in each board but I'm sure that would be asking too much and the game styles are not set up for such things.

Would also love to see lesser prizes go to the 2nd and 3rd players, or even top 10 on each board also, whats a few extra cbills or a mechbays worth of MC gonna hurt? It would give more to work twards, I'm sure many of us simply give up on #1 for whatever reasons, still only see full time hardcore players on the boards for the most part, the system is still not set up for casual play. Needs a max total games played, but with the current crashing and map/UI bugs that would not be ideal or accurate. Good luck to the rest of you on the boards! I caught the flu on wednesday so I am out, running a jenner with a terrible headach is... a pain to say the least.

Great job to everyone on the boards and to all the soon to be winners! I'm gonna go nap.

Actually it was a player from that bracket that was the first to be called out. He was recorded on Twitch.

#27 KKillian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 304 posts
  • LocationGeneva, IL

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostOzric, on 02 May 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Actually it was a player from that bracket that was the first to be called out. He was recorded on Twitch.

Couldnt be coincidental? I ran into a few of my clan mates multiple times during the tourny, and I had every one of the guys on the board on my team at one point. Is the match in question even one of their top? How would anyone but pgi even know that?

#28 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostKKillian, on 02 May 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Couldnt be coincidental? I ran into a few of my clan mates multiple times during the tourny, and I had every one of the guys on the board on my team at one point. Is the match in question even one of their top? How would anyone but pgi even know that?

Saying too much in this thread may lead to post removal, but I'm afraid the evidence is quite clear, and quite readily available if anyone decides to seek it out. There can also be no doubt that the devs are aware of the matter, though how much they can track is of course something they like to keep close to their chests.

#29 KKillian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 304 posts
  • LocationGeneva, IL

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Well if that is the case hopefully they actually take care of it, their first leaderboard challenge (the grind fest) one of the fellas in the top actually offered to paypal others to quit playing, with no repercussions. PGI was aware and was provided screenshots yet did nothing. Although not actually affecting the running that offer should have been an instant disqualification yet they did nothing at all.

Either way, did my best in the few days I was able, glad to be part of it. If underhanded tactics were used and I still managed the top ten hell I'm pretty proud of that. I HATE THE FLU!

#30 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

I stated this before after I told PGI how the assists ladder was being manipulated in the last tournament even provided the math.

as it stands now,

MWO IS NOT IN A FIT STATE TO RUN TOURNAMENTS OF THIS KIND.

for these reasons.

1) Highly Unstable
2) Important features that help with gameplay, i.e. the map, are just broken
3) NO ADJUDICATION! PGI assumes people play honestly (wake up and smell the coffee Garth......)
4) No tournament server queue (come ON anyone with half a brain cell would put tourney players onto their own server, Oh sorry forgot, Garth only has a quarter of a brain cell...)
5) MWO is BETA, and a pretty messed up one at that. (Hawken was more polished and professional when it went open beta.....)

#31 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

This tournament was a lot of fun, thank you PGI for the opportunity to participate in it.

#32 Urdnot Mau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, it was fun. Even with the bad things happening here i don't see a reason not to do it.

#33 Max Von Lakes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 164 posts
  • LocationThe Lakes, England

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

hmm...i (like a lot of people i've spoke too) understood it as the top 5 players on the daily board per class got a prize, and the top 20 players per class for the week, got the prize. I somehow didnt understand it as ONLY the number 1 gets a prize.

makes finishing 11th overall feel kinda worthless. :lol:

*sigh* :(

#34 Skyraxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

If you only looked at the table, it did give the impression that the top 5 and top 20 overall would win prizes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users