Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

My custom K2 build? Meet "Nightwraith"

MGs ripped out along with their ammo

Engine upped to an XL300 although this will be uprated soon

Endosteel structure

about 8 double Heatsinks

AMS in the right torso and 2 tons of ammo for it in the left with CASE

Armour maxxed out.

And i still have spare tonnage. Also to be added to this is the Advanced zoom module once i have enough GXP to buy it.

#22 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Some say those of us who are anti-cheese just like to complain, that we're scrubs that will never "get it" and should stop complaining and just get with the meta. I say we are the pathfinders of tomorrow. We seek to try the untryable and build the unbuildable. Sometimes we come up with something that's just strange or downright crap. But have a need to build a mech to fit our own play style rather than to build a play style to fit the current meta. We don't except the notion that there are only so many good builds but counter that there are only so many creative pilots.

That said I've always been a fan of the dual AC10 cat. Don't mistake it for an out right brawler, though. The AC10 has a very respectable range and with a little modifications you can fit dual large lasers and make it work as a mid range direct fire support unit.

#23 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

Posted Image

#24 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Oh I am sad to see my favorite ¨Dog¨ isnt here...
I present to you my Mad Wolf!
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...85619cc79e03d44

In general its alot like John McFianna's since mine was also build on the idea of the Vulture, But I dodged the pulse weapons and maintained their lighter cousins and instead opted for 2 x LRM15 with a total of 4 tons of ammo.
It only has 12 double heat sinks and as such tend to run quite hot (just like the vulture :D..) I could have gone for 14 but I just love JJ's way too much so I went for 2 of those instead.

Edited by 0okami, 24 May 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#25 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

This may sound a bit elitist and condescending, but if you don't have jumpjets on your Catapult C1.... kill yourself.

Anyway, this is what I run, more or less. I'm not at home, so I can't check my actual build. I seem to remember that I found a way to have 4 tons of LRM ammo.
Catapult C1 - XL280, 2xLRM15, 2xLL, TAG, BAP, AMS, 3 JJs

View PostJohn McFianna, on 01 May 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Im running with my Vulture-Rebuild.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5872ea97212b0a2

Use LRMs to soften up the Target... then close in and use the lasers accuracy. Heat efficuiency is actually better, as you dont use the LRMs together with the lasers.

Interesting build! Good point about the heat there. Without the LRMs, the heat efficiency is actually 39%.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 24 May 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#26 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Dual LBX 10 and 4 MLAS, XL 300 Catapult. LBX has obviously its drawbacks and some people think any build with LBX is bad. But replacing two AC10 with LBX saves 2t on a tight fit, reduces heat generation from 6 to 4 per cannon alpha and the saved tonnage can be used for more ammo or heatsinks. I am running with three tons of ammo and it is just enough for most matches.

It runs really cool and can dish out considerable amount of pain at closer range, with both guns being able to fire indefinitely while cooling down for more laser alphas. And its possibly even more deadly to light mechs than extra cheesy Streakcat.

LBX is a really sweet and cool running piece of gear as long as you treat it as highly accurate rapid firing SRM6 and not a sniper weapon. With current state of SRMs LBX spread looks like a tight laser beam.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users