69 replies to this topic

#21 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

Fantastic doesn't do it justice... WOW... ;)

#22 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

:P
I want them ALL!

#23 Sparkymarkyp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

ISN news - a mysterious break in occurred at Piranha game studios last. Staff report only 2 items as missing a resin commando and Raven. Sparkymarky denies all knowledge of this or any related event and says his recent purchase of a black ninja costume and a display cabinet is "purely coincidental".

#24 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

Stop teasing me with a Raven I didn't know I wanted before!!! :P

Official mech statues would be awesome as these look great. Those little cockpit ones are cute, but I would love to have a 1/60 Centurion on my desk...might need a bigger desk.

#25 Gnatter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:52 AM

Looks great Almeras. I too would love a Centurion. My Zombie must come to life!

#26 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Looks great, but can I haz Madcat plz? :P

(I'd settle for my founders hunchback tho... ;) )

#27 s5134195

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDartmouth, Nova Scotia

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

This is utterly fantastic! I am so impressed! My nerd-o-meter peaked for a good fifteen minutes. I just don't even know.. I'm speechless. The whoosh factor alone is over 9000.

Edited by s5134195, 30 April 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#28 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

I'm not sure if Almeras is planning to go any further with these than these two examples, but if he does I will put in my order for some.

Amazing work, and the detail on these is astounding. The paint work just makes all of it hard not to drool on ones self.

All this is very appreciated by a fellow hobby model builder myself.

If i had one it would be sitting on my desk at work and I don't care how many think my toys should stay at home because I'm 41.

Raven
Catapult
Stalker
Hunchback
:P

Edited by BLUPRNT, 30 April 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#29 Misaniovent

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Awesome work. I think I saw in a post from PGI some time ago that their license prevents them from doing any merchandising. :P

#30 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostMisaniovent, on 30 April 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Awesome work. I think I saw in a post from PGI some time ago that their license prevents them from doing any merchandising. :P

That's why lawyers exist. PGI, power down your shields and let the money drown you.

#31 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Greetings all,
And to Almeras

Excellent work on the models and let us hope that these and many others will be able to be offered to those that really need the fix of seeing there chosen ride up close and personal.

Now a question about the additional art work that you did to clean up the model for the printing process. I remember you had said that some of the items and components were not attached and just moving in "tight formation" to the in game model. Would this "enhanced" art work be backward usable for the game artists? (to tighten up the model) Or at least to point out where items need closer work done. Or does this not relate to in game assets at this level.

Good luck with the sample offering to the powers that be for these new 2013 models work, sadly there seems to be nothing new in this field for the die hard 3D mech fans. But with various Mech type offerings on the game front and support growing lets all wish our best for these and many other models.

Best of luck,
9erRed

#32 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Post9erRed, on 30 April 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

Greetings all,
And to Almeras

Excellent work on the models and let us hope that these and many others will be able to be offered to those that really need the fix of seeing there chosen ride up close and personal.

Now a question about the additional art work that you did to clean up the model for the printing process. I remember you had said that some of the items and components were not attached and just moving in "tight formation" to the in game model. Would this "enhanced" art work be backward usable for the game artists? (to tighten up the model) Or at least to point out where items need closer work done. Or does this not relate to in game assets at this level.

Good luck with the sample offering to the powers that be for these new 2013 models work, sadly there seems to be nothing new in this field for the die hard 3D mech fans. But with various Mech type offerings on the game front and support growing lets all wish our best for these and many other models.

Best of luck,
9erRed

based on my experience with PGI's models and 3d printing. the amount of detail thats been added and the amount of work needed to fix the models for printing would make them less efficient than the ingame models are now.

#33 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

...still waiting on the Atlas :P

#34 Almeras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 294 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'd be lieing if I said I didn't know how popular these would be but its so awesome to hear all this enthusiasm.

Regarding rights is complicated but not impossible. PGI's support would be needed, however the key is getting Topps onside. I know Topps would consider something just not how much they will ask for it.

These kind of negotiations (and tbh far worse) are part of my everyday work so it doesn't daunt me. It will just have to be taken step by step and I appreciate that PGI has their own business and employees to focus on. So I'm happy to be patient.

My blog had over 1000 unique visitors yesterday which was brilliant to see. And my inbox has been stuff with enthusiasm and joy along with a few questions that I just can't answer at this time. I hope those people understand why I can't go into details on some things.

#35 Tooninki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 260 posts
  • LocationFinland/FRR

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Great work Almeras! :)

Has Garth contacted you allready about making a Cicada next? :D

#36 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostSentinel373, on 30 April 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

based on my experience with PGI's models and 3d printing. the amount of detail thats been added and the amount of work needed to fix the models for printing would make them less efficient than the ingame models are now.

Unlike us, however, they also have the hi-res models, though. So time required could be a bit smaller.

#37 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 May 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Unlike us, however, they also have the hi-res models, though. So time required could be a bit smaller.

That would depend entirely on how they made their normal map geometry. its not always more efficient to make an entire high res mesh to generate normal maps off of. In some cases they may have just used smaller pieces of high detail geometry. so a high poly mesh might not even exist for all mechs. Also, normal map geometry has almost no restrictions placed on it. so cleaning up that kind of geometry is most likely even more work than the ingame models.

Edited by Sentinel373, 01 May 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#38 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

S!

All I can say is stunning work! Oh dear if we could buy those to fill our shelves..Would get Dragon for sure and some others..no..them ALL! :)

#39 Tooninki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 260 posts
  • LocationFinland/FRR

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

Urbie next! :)

#40 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Holy gawd, do want. Almeras I hope eventually that you can bring these to market it truly is incredible work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users