5 replies to this topic

#1 Karr285

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 445 posts
  • LocationAB, CAN

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Think if we asked nicely we could make it so that you only get the Warning Missiles inc when you have an AMS put on your mech? That and when they make missiles better again tweak the AMS to knock down a % of missiles instead of a set number? Which makes sence, More missiles clustered together = easier to hit more. 15 or 20% maybe?

#2 Shield

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

My name is Shield and I approve this message

#3 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

View PostKarr285, on 29 April 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Think if we asked nicely we could make it so that you only get the Warning Missiles inc when you have an AMS put on your mech? That and when they make missiles better again tweak the AMS to knock down a % of missiles instead of a set number? Which makes sence, More missiles clustered together = easier to hit more. 15 or 20% maybe?

I think the missile warning should be completely removed.

If you can't watch for missiles you deserve to be hit by them. This would help balance snipers a bit too since they might not notice missiles being fired from another direction while zoomed in on a distant target.

#4 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

I think this would be better for the BAP's functionality.

I've always felt the reason players hate LRMs is because of the Missile Incoming sound. Missiles did large amounts of damage in the Closed Beta, and players rarely complained about them, at least not like they did 2 months ago. There were complaints, but not like you see with current weapons.

The incoming sound, even if LRM5s did 1 damage (.2 per missile) and so on, players would still hate on LRMs. The reason is the incoming warning makes them sound worse then they are. It causes a subconscious psychological feeling of dread. Its a feeling that makes many players uncomfortable and they do not like it at all. They then associate it with negativity thereafter.

If they keep the missile warning and bring LRMs back to being competitive, we'll see nerf posts pop up because of it. Even if they were still slightly underpowered.

How they should go about fixing LRMs is in these steps:

1. Take away the warning except on BAP equipped mechs.
2. Fix the location homing of missiles so they target more then the CT
3. Slowly bring up the damage to an acceptable level.

If this was all down slowly and over a two month period, players wouldn't be so rabid against LRMs. It would become a normal part of MWO and no one would be the wiser. The third part I wouldn't even put in the patch notes. I would use data behind the scenes to find out how they are doing.

#5 Karr285

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 445 posts
  • LocationAB, CAN

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I was more talking about how to make AMS useful not how to make LRMs better, that will come. destroying 2-4 missiles out of 40 is just never going to be worth it

Edited by Karr285, 29 April 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#6 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostKarr285, on 29 April 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

I was more talking about how to make AMS useful not how to make LRMs better, that will come. destroying 2-4 missiles out of 40 is just never going to be worth it

AMS become more useful the more LRMs are useful.

Say AMS pops down 20-25% of missiles fired and a LRM 20 does 1.0 per missile. AMS reduces damage by 4-5. That makes it worth it to equip.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users