Suggestion: Allow Reconnect To Existing Game

2 replies to this topic

#1 LoneGunman

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

This might have been suggested but I couldn't find it so I'm taking a chance here.

Can we please have a way to reconnect to a game our mech is already in? This is specifically because of the random disconnects due to crashes (I rarely got them though this last patch seemed to have increased the frequency a bit).

I can't think of a tactical advantage for a reconnect beyond making the match fair again. I get the argument that if you reconnect after a while you'll have a fresh mech versus the remaining not-so-fresh mechs on the opposing force but technically if the mech were in the game the whole time, those remaining mechs might not have been there, etc.

I'd understand if I was requesting the ability to reconnect to a game with a DIFFERENT mech. But we're talking a mech that your servers already knows is attached to a game instance and is blocked from use anyway. Why couldn't I just reconnect to the match and take over my mech again?

#2 Noktoo

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

I would dare to say that this "feature" would be the most important thing and should be top priotized at PGI.

It would make things much easier!

CTD - no problem, start the client and reconnect.
CTMB - no problem just reconnect
any Hud Issues - exit match, reconnect

Wohoo... many problems solved or workarounded with reconnecting... and the mood of the community will make a big jump up!

#3 Mechkilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

The Devs already stated in one of the "Ask the Devs" that they will look into it and might implement it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users