Trondheim Live - Skjaldborg Moves Hq From Trondheim

11 replies to this topic

#1 Trondheim Live Daily Report

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Earl Releases Formal Notice of Skjaldborg Departure
-Trondheim Live, Daily Report

Today on May the First, 3050, Earl Stefan Shor publicly released the Letter of Notice directed to him and the people of Trondheim regarding their planetary defense contract. As most know, the Skjaldborg began pulling out their active units, equipment, and personnel as early as last month, leaving only a small portion of their unit in reserve. The Earl received a Letter of Notice as early as April 7th, but until now the Earl has withheld the contents of the letter to allow the Skjaldborg free movement without public scrutiny. In a statement released with the contents of the letter, the Earl was quoted as saying, "We of Trondheim have a lot to thank the Skjaldborg for; business, security, and a community of warriors that not only served the population, but in many cases were a part of the population. I personally wish Dihm Magnusson and the Shieldwall the best in their future endeavors, and may they return safety to their homes here at best speed!"

The content of the letter are as follows:

From: Mordihmer Magnusson, BrÖverste of the Skjaldborg Mercenary Company
To: Stefan Shor, Earl of Trondheim
Subject: Letter of Notice of Withdrawal

Noble Earl Shor,

It is with great regret that I must inform you of our Brigade's withdraw from Trondheim as the Headquarters of the Skjaldborg. For many years your planet and its people have played host to our humble unit, and we have all too happily served you on the frontlines of the Draconis Combine. We have no qualms regarding our current contract, and hope our withdrawal in the middle of a contract does not affect the potential for future ones.

Regarding our withdrawal, we have been requested by the Elected Prince to make ready our armed forces and move to Rasalhague post-haste, in order to better coordinate and assess issues directly threatening the safety of the Free Rasalhague Republic. I'm sure you are aware....the Free Rasalhague Republic has overarching authority on all contracts with Mercenaries within its borders, and may pull from current contracts to renegotiate as they see fit.

As such, we are withdrawing a majority of our equipment and personnel, leaving behind a garrison of a Reinforced Company, labor personnel, and.....'communications equipment'. Flessar Jude Ihilius, our Garrison Commander, will be the highest officer remaining on-planet and your direct representative from the Shieldwall itself. We realize this may not be adequate, but it is the most we can afford to spare at this time.

We wish you the best of luck,

-Signed-
BrÖverste Mordihmer "Dihm" Magnusson

On behalf of all of Trondheim, we at Trondheim Live, Daily Report would like to thank the Skjaldborg for their continued service since the Ronin Wars that began our nation, and hope they may return to our lands soon.

---

The Trondheim Live, Daily Report is up and running! Look to our Daily News Feed for all your Trondheim news!

Edited by Trondheim Live Daily Report, 01 May 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#2 Circles End

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSol III, Northern hemisphere, Denmark

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

I wonder what could be important enough for them to pull up all stakes like that.

#3 Lee Ving

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Probably just Kurita shaking his sabre again. Nothing to worry about, move along citizen, move along.

#4 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Don't worry, the 1st Rasalhague Dragonregimentë is based out of Misby Flats. Trondheim is plenty safe for now as we have a reinforced Bataljon on planet for the time being.

Edited by Surtr, 02 May 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#5 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostSurtr, on 02 May 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Don't worry, the 1st Rasalhague Dragonregimentë is based out of Misby Flats. Trondheim is plenty safe for now as we have a reinforced Bataljon on planet for the time being.

....miiiiight want to think of relocating, quiaff? :D

#6 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 02 May 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

....miiiiight want to think of relocating, quiaff? ;)

We go where the Kungsarmé and the Norns send us. You mercs can do what you please. At least we are making sure the Dragon is kept at bay while you look for a quick buck.

#7 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

We go where the Elected prince of the FRR requests we go, and we hardly make much profit as you well know, most of us were in the fighting for this republic before it is was even born let alone you. Now you sit fat and easy in a regular Kungsarme unit with all the benefits and half the risk we still endure. You have all that due to all the blood and sweat shed by us Money hungry Skjaldborg Mercs, but your parents called us Freedom Fighters!.
Well pup, keep yipping I know you don't have much of a bite yet, maybe some day you can run with the big dogs if someone doesn't eat you for breakfast first.

#8 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

I served with the 2nd Kavalleri during the fighting on Kempten, I listened as my men were cut down around me by the 1st SZAC and 17th RR. I also listened to the traitorous mercenaries of the Terrible Treads deny their honor and refuse to help good men. Don't lecture me about where my unit stands in the eyes of Prince Magnusson mercenary!

(OOC: My persona grudgingly accepts the Shieldwall's existence we're all part of the Allthing remember. And we will be in the same boat soon, more to come in a few days.)

#9 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostAbivard, on 04 May 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

We go where the Elected prince of the FRR requests we go, and we hardly make much profit as you well know, most of us were in the fighting for this republic before it is was even born let alone you. Now you sit fat and easy in a regular Kungsarme unit with all the benefits and half the risk we still endure. You have all that due to all the blood and sweat shed by us Money hungry Skjaldborg Mercs, but your parents called us Freedom Fighters!.
Well pup, keep yipping I know you don't have much of a bite yet, maybe some day you can run with the big dogs if someone doesn't eat you for breakfast first.

Before you go out and insult your betters, boy, maybe you should step back and realize I speak from the experience of having been apart of you "freedom fighters". Of course though, I understand you have to salve your wounded ego at fearfully leaving any hint of garrison duty that might actually evoke combat. I mean, your kind has to "live to fight another day", right?

Go now, you're unworthy of further acknowledgment.

#10 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

(In your zeal, you all seem to have entirely misread the first post. We were RECALLED by the Prince, we are not leaving on a whim. Remember to keep this stuff civil as well.)

Edited by Dihm, 07 May 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#11 Barushkukor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationAwaiting Orders

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Enjoy the Bar Be QUE!!!!

#12 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

*returns warry, bearded, and beaten with an odd collar attached to his neck.*

I've seen some things man.... and some stuff. I wouldn't recommend it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users