Reset Account - Delete Account

11 replies to this topic

#1 Poposhka

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Ok so shame on me, i didn't read up properly, so i trial-and-error played with mech loadouts (instead of using smurfy's lab) and didn't realize how cadet bonus worked.

Anyway, the mech i'm sitting with is totally not enjoyable, and I'd do anything to replay the first cadet bonus games and spend the money on my first mech wisely.

So, is there a way to reset my account? I mean, everything, zero cbills, zero xp, zero skills, and zero cadet days played? If not, is there a way to delete my account? So i can re-create it with the same email, effectively resetting it? My last option would be to abandon my current account and use a dummy email address for a new one, but i'd rather not do that, as i'd like to use my current email.

Thoughts?

#2 Xenosphobatic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

You could always grind it out like most of the more senior pilots did. Considering you don't have to pay repair/rearm, you're still coming out a lot faster than most of us.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

No, there isn't any way one of us could help you with that.
Try contacting support maybe they've got a bit of mercy. :P

#4 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Can you imagine if they did this? almost every newbie player would, at some point, probably request this. It's part of the learning process. The best advice I have for you? Pony up a small amount of cash and get premium time. 50% bonus on both XP and on CB's. It's fairly cheap, and helps a lot with the grind. It's not much, about the cost of a Large "Chain Store" Pizza.

If you do this, put in a few extra bucks to buy more Mech Bays, because if you play regularly (20 hours a week?) you will end up being able to buy 8+ Mechs before the 30 days is up, or should, if you get decent mechs with decent builds and follow the basic advice in the different guides on this forum.

#5 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

a new account is free...

#6 Poposhka

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostNinetyProof, on 01 May 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Can you imagine if they did this? almost every newbie player would, at some point, probably request this. It's part of the learning process. The best advice I have for you? Pony up a small amount of cash and get premium time. 50% bonus on both XP and on CB's. It's fairly cheap, and helps a lot with the grind. It's not much, about the cost of a Large "Chain Store" Pizza.

If you do this, put in a few extra bucks to buy more Mech Bays, because if you play regularly (20 hours a week?) you will end up being able to buy 8+ Mechs before the 30 days is up, or should, if you get decent mechs with decent builds and follow the basic advice in the different guides on this forum.

I don't see a problem with it to be honest... Right now, a newbie (like me) can simply create a new account with a new email address, and you have essentially reset your account.

This is probably what I'll do, the bummer, however, is that my pilot name is gone, and I will have to forward my emails from the new account to my normal account. Not a huge loss, really, when considering the tradeoff is that I can blow through my cadet mode really quick, get the cash, and spend it wisely - even if i don't. just create a new account again.

I think there would be an incentive on the devs to actually implement a reset feature... Now they run the risk of accumulating a ton of "dummy accounts" where people will just create them to get ~8m CB just to try something out before committing to one.

#7 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

dummy accounts = more registered accounts = better looking metrics.

#8 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostPoposhka, on 01 May 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

I don't see a problem with it to be honest... Right now, a newbie (like me) can simply create a new account with a new email address, and you have essentially reset your account.

Without human intervention. Correct ... this is what you do.

Calling / Contacting PGI to have them "reset" / "delete" your account would be another thing ... which is what I stated. That could balloon very very quickly and incur "significant expense".

This is probably what I'll do, the bummer, however, is that my pilot name is gone, and I will have to forward my emails from the new account to my normal account. Not a huge loss, really, when considering the tradeoff is that I can blow through my cadet mode really quick, get the cash, and spend it wisely - even if i don't. just create a new account again.

I earn Cadet bonus in 2-3 nights of playing ... with premium time.

I think there would be an incentive on the devs to actually implement a reset feature... Now they run the risk of accumulating a ton of "dummy accounts" where people will just create them to get ~8m CB just to try something out before committing to one.

"Risk"? what Risk? as a matter of fact, that's probably a "Plus" in the marketing column. Marketing: We have had X number of player install and try the game.

The cadet bonus is really not that big of a deal, and I would seriously doubt if they would put in a "Free Feature" that would reset your cadet bonus. What business sense is there in that? None-What-So-Ever ... PGI is not here for charity. If you want a Mech, you can buy one .... if you want more CB's, you could buy them with premium time, or buy chassis and sell them (you get half the CB's back when you sell them).

It's all about the almighty dollar. But honestly, if you like the game, do yourself a favor and get some premium time to get you over the hump.

Edited by NinetyProof, 01 May 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#9 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

I honestly don't know how PGI handles this sort of thing, but I think that you're just effed. You could just make a new account with a new email, but that may not be what you are looking for.

Can I ask a question - what do you currently have? Maybe there is a way to make your existing mech fun again, at least fun enough to grind out a few more c-bills. Also, what are you looking for in your mech? If you are looking to start fresh and get an assault mech, that's going to take a lot of grind and a new account may be the sane way to go. If you are looking for something smaller, it may be worth grinding it out.

Edited by Buckminster, 01 May 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#10 Poposhka

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'd just like to start on the right foot after understanding the very basics. What I want to do is: Play through cadet to earn the ~8m cbills, purchase a hero mech with real money, use my cbills on upgrades, possibly get premium time and start playing. At this point i have nothing invested into my account, other than my pilot name, and the inconvenience of having to forward emails. If i keep this account i will be stuck grinding cbills with a mech i dislike or purchasing premium time for a mech i dislike.

So to put an end to this discussion, my question was answered: there is no way to reset or delete my account, so this will be the route i'll take. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Why do you have to forward emails?

#12 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

I'd say go for it, delete this account if you can, make a new one. If you buy the premium time first it MIGHT add a lot to your cadet bonus...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users