47 replies to this topic

#1 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Congratulation to the Queen and all you in Great Britain, and Commonwealths.

as an American it may seem strange but its nice to see this stability in a crazy world!

and PGI you should not have given Phil that Beta key.

#2 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Unless the Queen announced she's planning on playing Mechwarrior Online, this is in the wrong forum.

If the Queen IS playing MWO, then against me, well.... God Save the Queen. :D

#3 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

Prince Philip is in the Beta , thats why he wasnt out there with the Queen, that noise about him in hospital was just a cover.

#4 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Queen probably has a beta key ;-) as a very British person, I'm glad everyone in the UK had an extra excuse to go down the pub! Wonder if anyone had coronation chicken?

#5 redreaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

21st century and people still bow down to monarchs ......-1 to faith in humanity.

#6 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostFinnMcKool, on 05 June 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Congratulation to the Queen and all you in Great Britain, and Commonwealths.

as an American it may seem strange but its nice to see this stability in a crazy world!

and PGI you should not have given Phil that Beta key.

I suppose now is as great a time as ever to give thanks to a murderous monarchy, afterall....it is Tuesday.

#7 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

I agree, she has been a steady prescence for 60 years and a public figure even longer. That was a pretty big flottila down the Thames.

View Postredreaper, on 05 June 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

21st century and people still bow down to monarchs ......-1 to faith in humanity.

Beacause repeatedly voting in leaders that we know are rampantly corrupt liars is such a positive sign in our favour.

Edited by Fiachdubh, 05 June 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#8 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

60 years is 60 years love them, hate them, or indifferent. you gotta respect that 60 years is a long damn time.....

#9 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hey look at my name ,

I know the history, but thats long ago, time to move forward . and a little respect where its due , thats all

besides I heard that Phillip has a Timber Wolf in the Beta

Edited by FinnMcKool, 05 June 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#10 redreaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

60 + of things being handed to them on a silver plate and then people praising them for their hard work ,i find it both depressing and funny that people still care for them anyhow what is this thread doing in general discussion ?

#11 Ian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

I'd trade Obama for the Queen any day of the week.

#12 Arafinar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationCinci, OH

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

politics and religous discussions = bad juju

#13 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

@OP Agreed. Long live the Queen. :D

#14 ERRATIC CHEESE

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Dude, the Windsor family is evil. Hereditary rule is unethical, unconstitutional, and all the "reasons" typically espoused to "rationalize" her remaining as a Monarch are propaganda and outright lies. The Queen's true wealth and assets are kept hidden from the public - under John Major she had laws put in place to prevent her fortunes being looked at/declared/audited - she is a major shareholder in many huge global giants (Shell, BP, and once even Enron etc) which all benefit from her links to the state (the Iraq war netted her zillions) and operates cartels in oil, banking, minerals and food (most grain and wheat on the planet indirectly belongs to her). Quite literally, all of Africa is poor because of the cartels she is a major player in (because of IMF and WB strictures, Africa is "manipulated" into importing rather than developing its own agribusinesses). Hilariously, her son operates a "wildlife institution" that pretends to be ethical but whose sole aim is to horde mineral rich land (under the pretex that it is a "nature reserve") and so stifle local, Third World economies.

Ignoring the fact that she hides all her wealth in off-shoot companies in tax-free havens like Geneva, and that all the land she owns was taken by force, on a local level, 90 percent of the price of every product you buy is interest because of her banking cartels, and 99 percent of all paid taxes directly make her and the elites directly richer (Ricardo's Law). When the Revolutions rocketed across Europe, all the Kings, Queens and aristocrats were beheaded and overthrown by the revolutionaries. The French had the right idea; off with their heads! But the Windsor family (they changed their name to that in the 1920s to sound oh so more English!) was too powerful; they survived, thanks largely to bribes, faux-concessions, and intimate ties with the Dutch aristocracy and East German banking cartels. Of course the countries which got rid of their Kings and Queens are no better than the UK today. Their nu-aristocrats simply wear suits instead of crowns. Today, England and Germany - the Windsor family's two homes - rule over Europe, indebting all the satellite countries, sucking wealth like vampires and privatizing the world to neoliberal hell.

Edited by ERRATIC CHEESE, 05 June 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#15 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hey again I have to say it "LOOK AT MY NAME"

the world is changing no doubt , and Im not going to defend the Monarchy , but like I said " A little respect where its due"

its just because Prince Phillip got a Madcat and you cant have one.

#16 Saren21

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

kinda wish i had a madcat.....

#17 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postredreaper, on 05 June 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

not all of us do :D couldnt give 2 flying ... about the royal family my self... the only good thing is that the country had an extra day off after the bank holiday :o

#18 CaveMan

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,127 posts
  • LocationIn a leather flying cap and goggles

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Get this out of Main, the trolls have already arrived.

As an anglophile American, congrats to the Queen, but ugh it drove me nuts having BBC America wake me up at 3 am with the boys' choir singing for the jubilee! That's what I get for going to sleep watching Top Gear.

#19 Arbalister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostFiachdubh, on 05 June 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

I agree, she has been a steady prescence for 60 years and a public figure even longer. That was a pretty big flottila down the Thames.

I'm just watching the coverage of the concert in her honor. There's an estimate that more then a half a million people stood in front of the palace to watch. People camped for 2 or 3 days to get good spots. Including a father and daughter that flew from Ontario, Canada.

#20 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostCaveMan, on 05 June 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Get this out of Main, the trolls have already arrived.

As an anglophile American, congrats to the Queen, but ugh it drove me nuts having BBC America wake me up at 3 am with the boys' choir singing for the jubilee! That's what I get for going to sleep watching Top Gear.

I finally have one over the Devs who wont answer any of my questions !
If you move this thread it would BE DISRESPECTFUL to the queen, and last I heard Canada is still a Commonwealth !!!!!!!!!

and Phillip has a Madcat in Beta!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users