You Don't Need To Cheat To Win: Video Proof

22 replies to this topic

#1 Stampede

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

With Permission from Edmiester (lots of cussing because intense combat)

http://www.twitch.tv...16894?t=296m30s

7 kills 0 assists 899 damage
In a Jenner F

Kill Stealing or just plain getting the kill is the whole point of this tournament. 'Cleaning the enemy up'. Skill is the most important factor for the success of your game, and maybe a little luck. Damage helps your score this tournament but a majority of your points come from the kills because the scoring is x20 per kill where damage is divided by 15.

I'm not nearly as talented as these folks yet so I probably won't see the top 10 leaderboards this tournament, but the number of people complaining about cheaters is daunting. So there's your video proof that you don't need to cheat to win this tournament. You need to play smart and get lucky.

#2 Ari Dian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

The problem with the damage is, you need luck.

The 7th kill (his 6th) was what gave the damage boost. Normaly you cant reach these numbers.
Even if ALL hit were perfect hits within the 270m the damage would not be over 600. His aiming was impressive good (especially the last kill). But some were out of the optimal range, and some were spreading all over. So i would guess the normal damage done was around 450-550 damage.

But the 7th kill, the atlas, was killed by ammo explosion in the left torso or head (no wonder with 3x SRM2s, 2x UAC5, 1x AMS and about 8-9t ammo). It seems ammo exp. is given credit for full damage for the person who did the critical hit.
I noticed this as well once in a match. The match was 5 min, i had 1 kill, 0 assists, but 600 damage done. The whole mech didnt even had this much armor. It must have been an ammo explosion that killed him, and the damage done must have been given credit to me.

Honstly, i cant see any way at all how a light mech could get 1000 damage without an ammo explosion. 1000 damage, thats 34 perfect alpha hits with 6xML.

#3 Stampede

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostAri Dian, on 03 May 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

Honstly, i cant see any way at all how a light mech could get 1000 damage without an ammo explosion. 1000 damage, thats 34 perfect alpha hits with 6xML.

I don't think I've ever seen a match where anyone but a Stalker has done over 1000 damage, just from laser boating. Getting damage isn't as important as getting the kill, and if ammo explosions are the most efficient way, you should do it.

Edited by Stampede, 03 May 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#4 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostStampede, on 02 May 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

In a Jenner F

Kill Stealing or just plain getting the kill is the whole point of this tournament. 'Cleaning the enemy up'. Skill is the most important factor for the success of your game, and maybe a little luck. Damage helps your score this tournament but a majority of your points come from the kills because the scoring is x20 per kill where damage is divided by 15.

I'm not nearly as talented as these folks yet so I probably won't see the top 10 leaderboards this tournament, but the number of people complaining about cheaters is daunting. So there's your video proof that you don't need to cheat to win this tournament. You need to play smart and get lucky.

I wouldn't argue killstealing being "skill", nor would I argue luck being "skill".

Edited by hammerreborn, 03 May 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#5 Stampede

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 03 May 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

I wouldn't argue killstealing being "skill", nor would I argue luck being "skill".

Aiming accurately and being in the right position at the right time isn't skillful piloting? I never said luck was a 'skill'.

#6 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostStampede, on 03 May 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Aiming accurately and being in the right position at the right time isn't skillful piloting? I never said luck was a 'skill'.

Are there even weapons you need to aim in this game? I mean honestly, he listed a Jenner F, and while I haven't watched the video I can all but guarentee 6 ml loadout. If you think lasers need aim...

And the right position at the right time is hiding behind your teammates and waiting til something goes red, then shooting. That doesn't take skill. I mean hell...poptarding. Is that skill? Cause every position is a good position for a poptard. See weak target, poptard! Collect kill.

Kill stealing is an absolute joke in this game, and tournaments that reward it are ridiculous.

#7 Henry Pride

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 425 posts
  • LocationWorms, Germany

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

I tried to follow these guys during this week, and its a ***** hard game to sit down in a Jenner F, with all those 6PPC Stalker with HSR and Poptarts around you that try to kick ur scoutass. U need a **** load of luck and a big amount of skill to go to the top, like Banana, Hobo and Ed did......

#8 Stampede

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 03 May 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

Are there even weapons you need to aim in this game? I mean honestly, he listed a Jenner F, and while I haven't watched the video I can all but guarentee 6 ml loadout. If you think lasers need aim...

I'm going to assume you are just a forum troll now. I posted the video so you WITNESS how you reach the top of this tournament by actually playing the game well, and yes you need to aim lasers. I don't know how you could play this game without TRYING to precise shoot lasers or ballistic weapons, and Edmiester and Koreanese have excellent aim from what I've seen first hand.

Aiming is a fundamental part of the game play.

#9 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

I clicked the link expecting to see skill. I saw a jenner almost standing still shooting brain dead mouth breathers in the back. I then saw that jenner proceed to stand still on the ridge in front of at least 4 snipers. I then saw him do it again... at that point I said to myself "clearly there is no skill here" and closed the video.

#10 Farpenoodle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

In fact one could say lasers require more skill to use since you need to expose yourself longer and keep them pinned on the same spot while moving to do effective damage.

#11 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

It was a well played game for sure. I've had some crazy games like that where it looks like you're done for and you pull off a miracle.

All it takes is some luck, some natural ability, and some really poorly played opponents.

#12 151st Light Horse Regiment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

How does that jenner cool so quickly? I would alpha using 4 medium lasers and would shut down after two bursts. He can do that with ease using 6 and never get close to shutting down.

#13 Stampede

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostMultitallented, on 03 May 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

I clicked the link expecting to see skill. I saw a jenner almost standing still shooting brain dead mouth breathers in the back. I then saw that jenner proceed to stand still on the ridge in front of at least 4 snipers. I then saw him do it again... at that point I said to myself "clearly there is no skill here" and closed the video.

At least you know you don't need to cheat to get massive scores on this tournament. Too bad you missed out on when he was the last man against an Atlas capping the base. Get 5 games like that and you too can win a hula girl with a flower skirt!

#14 DeadlyNerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

To reach high damage you need to destroy ammo which blows up a lot of internal structure and equipment health, and without knowing where the ammo is it's pretty much luck.

#15 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

View Post151st Light Horse Regiment, on 03 May 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

How does that jenner cool so quickly? I would alpha using 4 medium lasers and would shut down after two bursts. He can do that with ease using 6 and never get close to shutting down.

DHS... you might have heard of them. Stuff a lot of these things.

#16 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 03 May 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

DHS... you might have heard of them. Stuff a lot of these things.

Nonsense. Kittens make for the best cooling.
Posted Image

#17 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostDeadlyNerd, on 03 May 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

To reach high damage you need to destroy ammo which blows up a lot of internal structure and equipment health, and without knowing where the ammo is it's pretty much luck.

Which is also entirely luck based because aside from guass rifles ammo only has a 10% explosion rate.

It's kinda funny how we keep explaining all this luck involved in getting damage, having horrible but not superhorrible teammates, awful but not too awful enemies, heavy enough enemies, enemy DCs, not having bugs or CTDs, ammo explosions, and getting the kills, but this tournament was all about skill and not who could rack up 20 of these stars aligning matches by playing the most matches amirite?

Edited by hammerreborn, 03 May 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#18 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostStampede, on 02 May 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

In a Jenner F

now do that 5 times a day for over 7 days and have 20 games like that.

#19 Inkarnus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostAri Dian, on 03 May 2013 - 12:03 AM, said:

The problem with the damage is, you need luck.

I noticed this as well once in a match. The match was 5 min, i had 1 kill, 0 assists, but 600 damage done. The whole mech didnt even had this much armor. It must have been an ammo explosion that killed him, and the damage done must have been given credit to me.

ah that explains the stalker with only ams ;)

#20 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Where do I find these drops where everyone ignores me, runs nice and steady always presents their weak sides, has very low armor but my team mates never get any kills.

I did see some points as to how to place higher, never aid a teammate, never target an enemy mech unless someone on your team already has them locked. never engage until the fight is joined, always back shot compliant foes and KS.

Like how the friendly atlas stood at the base doing nada until he texted him to 'wake up' and go active lol

sure no onegames the system, and that is only above average shooting with them lasers.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users