Give Us Active/passive Sensors

2 replies to this topic

#1 Khell DarkWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:29 AM

BT had sensors and the way we have it implemented with the line of sight targeting mechanics we have make no absolute sense.

It doesn't give you the feel like it did in previous titles which those of old used to enjoy.

This is only a rough draft suggestion because I now feel I have to present it its in current form with the upcoming changes that are going to be implemented in May just to show whats on the table.

Active Sensors:
  • Longer sensor range
  • Faster target scan of enemy mech loadouts
  • Sensor range starts at 700m rough draft
  • Scanning sweeps every "x" amount of seconds to detect enemy signatures
  • Upon initial activation of active sensors, scanning doesn't start until after the first "x" amount of seconds
  • When active sensors are on, you bloom and show up on radar like a hot spot (making you easier to target lock and show up on sensors)
  • Data is transmitted from you to other friendly mechs in range of your sensors
Passive Sensors:
  • Very short sensor range (300m rough draft)
  • Low noise sensor field makes your signature harder to be detected by other sensors
  • Data transmitted from you is limited only within your passive sensor range
  • Scans are slower upon trying to readout enemy mech loadouts
  • Signature detection picks up what is inside the passive sensors bandwidth (movement)
Overall Changes:
  • Line of sight targeting only works for you
  • Red targets are enemy signatures with active radar on/being actively scanned by other friendlies within their active/passive scan range and are being transmitted to all other friendly mechs that are in within your range
  • New: Orange targets are signatures only you can see within line of sight and aren't being transmitted back to your friendlies
  • Line of sight target range is only effective up to the default passive sensor detection range of 300m
  • Active radar can pick up signatures with passive sensors on, but the sweep only picks up its last known position until its next sweep cycle occurs
  • Mech size determines how far its signature can be detected while it has passive sensors on. (The smaller the mech, the closer it can get without being detected under passive sensors)
  • TAG/NARC light up a signature as if it had active sensors turned on to be detected
Very rough concept.

Think of this in the very beginning of the video for active sensors doing sweeps getting blips of mechs under passive sensors:

Edited by Khell DarkWolf, 04 May 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#2 Av4tar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 195 posts
  • LocationOcean 12

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Thats a good idea. I missed the passiv radar or the function to turn off radar like in MW4.

#3 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

Radar toggle has been asked for, as well as a 360 radar or MAD since closed beta. If I remember correctly PGI's responce was no and it's current form makes teamwork a priority ( you watch my back, I'll watch yours). You will have to get used to it. The 360 module and the upcoming seismic detector will help as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users