4 replies to this topic

#1 SiorAlpin Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 255 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

Just got back from doing a 3 month tour in the middle east, and finished patching the game (27 patches), it was realy nice to see some new mechs and maps, although i thought that perhaps a new game mode might have been introduced but i guess thats going to take more time.

My observations so far is that far more people are using ppc weapons in the same way as srm 6's are being used on cats so i can only guess that the ppc is the new cheese build on most mechs that can host 4 of them.

Lrm's now seem to be a weapon choice of the past, havent seen many being used at all, so i can only assume that they are now more of a support weapon than a main assault weapon which i do believe was the intention for this weapon group anyway, most effective in an organised lance than playing in a random group formation.

I am however very surprised to see that the server stability has become far more unstable than when i left for duty 3 months ago, since i have been playing 2 days now i have lost count how many times i have been dc'd from the game at random intervals and circumstances, what is also annoying at the moment is the warping effect, not so much from other mechs but from my perspective, what i mean is that the placement of my mech whilst moving or lining up a shot can be erratic to the degree that at one moment i'm aiming straight at the mech and the next im firing at the building just next to the mech, or whilst moving im walking straight then ive turned 90 degrees left or right, i can only take an educated guess and put the error down to the net code or something along those lines.

There are still alot of the same ole bugs and glitches that were there when i last played 3 months ago, i guess they will also be fixed in time, but i hasten to add that some of the bugs i experienced have been fixed which is a good sign indeed.

The weapons seem to be more balanced now and the behaviour of each weapon type appears to be in conjunction with the nature of the weapon and the ammo it uses, although im still very reserved on the way the ecm system works. I would still prefer the ecm to work in a way of a weapon that is fired at a mech, the projectile sticks to the target and jams the mechs missile locking system, unless the target mech equips a purging system that either makes the ecm device fall of or fries it. So the ecm weapon works in the same way as the AC20 but with a shorter range and does no physical damage at all, it weighs 5 tonne and has something like 3 rounds per tonne and has an extended cool down, the same can be done for the purge system, same weight but generates heat instead of ammo and has a longer cool down, i think that would bring balance to the ecm problem that alot of players have expressed, like i said im still very reserved about its current state ^_^

Happy hunting all and hope to see you on the battle field

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

Sure there are 9 month old bugs and more random dc's than there used to be, and no new game modes.

But hey, have you seen the pink mech with loudspeakers on its head...?

^_^

#3 Tesfurdo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationBlackpool UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Firstly, welcome back to the UK!

I have to agree with you that it's more buggy... but imo it sounds like your having more problems than most. I'd put a small bet on that those 27 patches in a row might have thrown up a few problems along the way! In your situation I'd give it a re-install.

I did one myself recently and I hardly ever drop or crash out now!

#4 Tesfurdo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationBlackpool UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Also, yes the PPC seems to be quite prolific these days... you can't win. Either you get pelted with them and lose or you use them and get the verbal abuse every now and then for daring to use what is effectively the flavour of the month! But I don't feel like they have unbalanced the game entirely.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

The bugs have been reintroduced in the April 2nd patch. It is related to them adding new functionality to the battlegrid. With the HSR (host state rewind) introduced to lasers and ballistics, it is going to run much like LRMs did when Artemis was introduced. Since there's now zero lag to ballistics, PPCs and any form of cannon are now viable to insane levels.

Numerous fixes are supposed to be on the 7th.

Missiles have been nerfed due to a splash damage bug, even so despite LRMs saying they do 0.7 damage per missile, they actually do closer to a range of 3 to 5 damage on 'skinnier' targets spread across a small area. A fix to that is supposed to come around the time of the Missile Host State Rewind implementation -- no ETA told.

Much of their focus, to include new game modes, have been on trying to rush out Phase 1 of the Community Warfare. With CW a new one sided version of the assault game mode will also be featured with a sort of invasion feel to it. No real details have been given.

Edited by Koniving, 04 May 2013 - 12:28 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users