• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

Click this link to go to the youtube video -
Soy's Tournament Experience
Available in 1080p
WARNING - Foul language, maybe NSFW

This is a video about my experience in the MechWarrior Online "Spring Clean 'Em Up Leaderboard Event" in which I placed 6th on the final standings for the Heavy mech category.

All footage was recorded live throughout tournament week 4/26/13 through 5/2/13 by me (Soy).

While the video obviously shows a lot of exciting footage, the main focus of the video is to give a bit of context as to what it is like grinding very hard to achieve your goals in a tournament or competitive game setting. Not all of the scenes are related to the action on screen - some of the scenes are dialogue oriented, some are about simply displaying the type of tactics or playstyles others or myself were utilizing for the tournament, and some bits are just simple scenes for humor or aesthetics.

Audio stuff like the music playing in the background of scenes, voice chat, etc. was recorded live while I was playing, no editing - so any conversations may or may not relate to the action, and the music selections, well, I just listen to random stuff when I play games. My recording software wouldn't let me set a push-to-talk key on the same key I use for Teamspeak, so I don't speak at all except at one part when some other guy is echoing me over TS.

This tournament was a lot of fun, I had a blast getting to meet and chat with other great players who are better than me and made me double my efforts and gave me motivation to play better all week long. Along the way, I had the most epic of wins and the lowest of failures. I gave this event my best effort and when it was finished, I was more than satisfied with my standing and effort, with new friendships forged and foes conquered. I feel like a stronger player after having competed, but also amazed at some of the skill and dedication of some of my fellow pilots - you guys are all great and I am in awe of your abilities and feel humbled. As far as all the skeptics and haters out there, suck on this!

* WARNING - some foul language, what'd you expect?

** BIGGER WARNING - some serious *** kicking, what'd you expect, wet kittens?

*** Some of the music is mine, but most wasn't. I had to re-do this video and put in different music for 2 parts cuz Youtube wanted to mute those parts, so if you notice theres no game sound effects then you know the original audio had to be replaced. Sorry! ;)

Thanks to PGI, and all the players in MWO... but a big thank you to all the cool guys I sat around with late at night in TS passing the time playing with, sharing this experience with other great folks made this a lot of fun!

I hope YOU enjoy watching this video and if you have any comments, criticisms, or concerns, please feel free to post them, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users