Derrenger's Dragoons

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dwight Derringer

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

http://i.imgur.com/JMIOToI.png

The "Starlight" was an old Leopard class dropship that had been in service for longer than Dwight had been alive. It had so many maintenance issues that its yearly overhaul was scheduled bi-monthly. Half a decade ago it's LRM launchers had been stripped off and never replaced after a catastrophic ammunition explosion that had nearly torn the ship in half 80,000 feet above the surface of some forgotten pirate moon. She had more mottled and cobbled together patchwork repairs on her hull than she had original structure, and she creaked like a old wooden floor.

But she was paid off. She was Dwight's by law, and no man or woman in the Inner Sphere could take her from him without one hell of a fight.

A metal Tycoon by trade, Dwight had a hobbyist's interest in piloting battlemechs, and although no ace combatant himself, he certainly had the bills to HIRE aces after liquidating Derrenger Metals Co..

The Starlight, though - that was a stroke of luck. An estranged uncle, a failed merc captain had left the ship to next of kin - and it turns out that Dwight was that, the only living nephew of a long-lost step brother.

In other words, it was fate. Something wanted Dwight to cast his lot in with the rest of the mercenary detritus filling the rank and file of more and more great houses and independent states.

It took almost a year to maneuver his finances into something which vaguely resembled a mercenary company, and finally the Starlight was packed up with a full complement. A DRG-1N, a pair of HBK-4SPs, a COM-2D and a pair of Rogue RGU-113F aerospace fighters.

All that was left was to hire pilots for the 4 mechs and 2 fighters, a 1st officer and 3 gunners for the Starlight and a logistical administrator to handle the overhead and paperwork....

http://i.imgur.com/ucY7Wqq.png

http://i.imgur.com/oXcoMPX.png

(So here's my plan. I play MegaMek pretty well, and pretty often. Against myself, my friends and my brothers along with the AI (if the scenario is easy enough for the bot to handle, rofl). So I suppose this campaign I'll add a little interactivity and invite you guys to 'apply' to be part of my company. I'm starting very small, and I don't expect to be able to get very far with just the equipment I've given myself and the meager funds I have available. So... if you give me the name you'd like to use, a callsign if you have one (if not perhaps you'll earn one during play :P) and what position you want, I'll add you into the story and write up a little narrative after each battle. Keep in mind that injury and death are a pretty real possibility (especially in the areotechs and light mech) so don't be mad if you get blown to **** by something three battles in. :huh:)

#2 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

Cool story; imagine having those aerospace fighters in MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users