We Need A New Weapon.

183 replies to this topic

Poll: New weapon system. (384 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see a new weapon system?

1. Yes (259 votes [67.27%])

Percentage of vote: 67.27%

2. No (126 votes [32.73%])

Percentage of vote: 32.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

Oh hell no. They've barely started to flesh out this game beyond its MVP or figured out how to fully integrate "superior" clan technology.

#182 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:48 AM

We dont need any more weapons, we need BALANCE and tweaking! Same time we are limited by timeline restructions and thats good.

#183 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:24 AM

To "balance" things out, i'd love to see IS streak 4/6. Other weapons are not nessesary. Maybe also MRMs to add some Missile possibilities.

#184 The Shredder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 24 January 2016 - 04:15 AM

I'd like to see some low-tech options. Minelayers, rockets. That sort of thing. No BLasers, not light/heavy gauss. Switchable, selectable ammo types wouldn't be very far-fetched. I know people say "It would wreck the balance" and maybe that's true. But... would that be a bad thing? Maybe if we had Rockets, us LRM Boat pilots would get a little less heat. Yes, I get it, no skill yadda yadda. Generalize if you must. But when I manage four solo kills with nothing but a pair of LRM15s... you have to admit that some skill was involved!

There are plenty of weapons systems that could be added, without needing to break the timeline. To be honest, I'd rather replace SRM racks with rockets on a lot of my 'Mechs that carry them. I usually only remember it's installed in time to fire it once anyway.

There should be variety, or else the whole thing should be given over to the meta-players. Who want to install quad PPCs, have zero heat, and be able to jump 50 meters straight up with a single jump jet. You know what? If that's the game you want, go back to Call of Duty. I like my giant mecha game to game with the thrill of mystery. When I don't know if that Dragon is going to shoot me with an AC/20, paint me with a TAG for his buddy to ******* to smithereens, or slam the throttle forward and use that big nose to pile-drive me into the Canyon Network wall. The more options the better. Screw the meta. (And let me drive my 6 flamer Crab, Flambe, in peace!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users