Crash & Stability Feedback

93 replies to this topic

#61 BlueWaffleBuffet

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

I thought I was doing good - played 5-6 in a row, no issues. Came back, played ~10, and 1 crashed. I'll take that.

But then it's as though something is degrading. It started being more and more frequent, going from a steady 10-20% of the time, to a steady 50%, and now this morning 5 in a row 100% crashed.

No system changes whatsoever, hardware or software. 2-3 patches ago, I almost never crashed. Maybe 5% of the time. Something changed with this game, for the worse. I've put a good bit of money into the game both because it was working for me quite reliably, very fun, and I want it to survive, but all of the above has changed, and no way in Hell am I dropping another dime here. Taking payments w/o refund & hiding behind the defense of calling it "beta" is a cheese move. The game should still be closed beta until it's ready. I cant help but feel the current state of affairs is just going to run people away who'll never try it again.

#62 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Getting the game client freeze worse than ever. As soon as I connect to a map, my screen goes black and doesn't come back... or crashes to desktop. Lucky if I can get 2 games in a row without restarting the game client. No setting changes in months... so something about last patch hit me bad.

Never was this bad, even in closed beta :D

#63 Darokin Korin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Every single game I've played tonight (7) I've received the Malformed Packet error and crashed to mech bay. I've disabled both my firewall and anti-virus. I've rebooted, reinstalled the client, bounced the cable modem/router, and run the binary with admin rights. Nothing I do on my client (outside of the binary) seems to have helped. The only thing I've noticed is that each crash seems to happen within 10 to 30 seconds of match start.

I shudder to think how much money I've already spent on MWO,and I'm hoping this is a temporary problem. I've had the same ISP since I first started playing. These crashes, at least the frequency of them, have been a recent phenomena. I would love to know what the root cause of this error is.

#64 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

Before last patch i had a CTD about every 4-5 games (or once per hour) and *pick your favourite HUD issue* every 2nd game.

Since last patch i´ve been playing for around 10 hours now and had exactly one CTD and one game with a missing minimap.

#65 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

I've been fortunate to avoid the crash issue so far, but experienced my first crash Friday night. I logged in to the client, navigated to the mechlab. As soon as I got there, my screen went black for a brief moment, and when it restored, MWO was closed out. No error message.

#66 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Since the HUD patch of today my MWO game has started freezing, lock-up, requiring a Task Manager shutdown to escape from.

Prior to the patch MWO was pretty stable, everything running on High or Highest on an Nvidia 550 TI. Now I am turning those settings down, but still locking up in live games. Never locks up in Testing Grounds. Not ever. Same Mech and loadouts.

#67 Sjstorm

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut/USA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Hey guys,
Not sure if it's on my end, or if Piranha has made some stability gains, but after running a compatability check on the game with my Win7/64 bit, it recommended running XP service pack 2, and since then, virtually no crashes. Just wanted to throw that out there....try switching the compatability mode of the game if you have crash problems

#68 LongDonJohnsonz

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Played for hours last night with no issues. Today after the small patch I cannot complete a game without crashing. Appears as some kind of hardware I/O, Video becomes very choppy (<1FPS) and I crash to desktop when I'm lucky otherwise fully hardware lockup and must manually reset box. I have not installed or changed ANY settings or config since last night. Appears patch related.

Win 7 64 bit
i5 3570k
GTX 670 2Gb
16 GB DDR3 2133

Added note: I just switched the app to XP SP3 compatibility mode and have successfully completed 5 games in a row without a crash. Sjstorm might be on to something here!

Edited by LongDonJohnsonz, 14 May 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#69 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

I just got home and attempted to play a couple of matches and I've crash both attempts so far. The first crash actually occurred while I was alt-tabbed out of the game. However the second occurred in the middle of a caustic valley match during the middle of game play. I am going to give it one more shot.

Edit: yeap, the third attempt I crashed moments after being able to move in the match. I am not sure what this last patch did but your borked the game again. Seriously just days after fixing the last time. Again there is not warning with the crash. My screen just goes back and I find myself at the mechlab/menu screen.

Spoiler

Edit: Later on last night/this morning I rebooted my computer to see if that worked. I was able to play one match fully however the following match crashed immediately. I shut down the game and ran the repair tool which didn't find anything. It cleared the shaders and reset all the generic stuff it does. It seems to have fixed the problem, though I don't know what it was.

Edited by Butane9000, 15 May 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#70 KnightmareX13

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

Crashed again, forest colony snow map during a battle. had to control+alt+delete and no error message, repair tool keeps returning no errors each time I run it

Spoiler

Edited by KnightmareX13, 15 May 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#71 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Still getting malformed packet errors. actual entry sent to PGI.

Very disappointed.

#72 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

BackupNameAttachment=" Build(4418) 15 May 13 (17 47 36)" -- used by backup system
Log Started at 05/15/13 17:47:36
Running 32 bit version
Executable: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe
FileVersion: 3.4.1.4418
ProductVersion: 3.4.1.4418
Using STLport C++ Standard Library implementation
Added MOD directory <engine> to CryPak
Executable Command Line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" flowthru

Total number of logical processors: 8
Number of available logical processors: 8
Total number of system cores: 4
Number of cores available to process: 4

Processor 0:
CPU: Intel Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
Family: 6, Model: 10, Stepping: 5
FPU: On-Chip
CPU Speed (estimated): 3.0 MHz
MMX: not present
SSE: present
3DNow!: not present
Serial number not present or disabled

Processor 1:

Processor 2:

Processor 3:

[Error] Error: ConsoleVariableGroup 'sys_spec_environment' key 'e_TerrainLodRatio' is not missing in default
[Error] Error: ConsoleVariableGroup 'sys_spec_environment' key 'e_TerrainTextureLodRatio' is not missing in default
[Error] Error: ConsoleVariableGroup 'sys_spec_environment' key 'e_TerrainTextureLodRatio' is not missing in default
[Error] Error: ConsoleVariableGroup 'sys_spec_environment' key 'e_TerrainTextureStreamingPoolItemsNum' is not missing in default
[Error] Error: ConsoleVariableGroup 'sys_spec_environment' key 'sys_spec_Quality' is not missing in default
[Error] Error: ConsoleVariableGroup 'sys_spec_environment' key 'r_ssreflections' is not missing in default
[Error] Error: ConsoleVariableGroup 'sys_spec_environment' key 'e_TerrainTextureStreamingPoolItemsNum' is not missing in default
[Error] Error: ConsoleVariableGroup 'sys_spec_postprocessing' key 'r_UseEdgeAA' is not missing in default
Windows XP 64 bit SP 2 (build 5.1.2600)
System language: English
Windows Directory: "C:\Windows"
Prerequisites...
* Installation of KB940105 hotfix required: no! (either not needed or already installed)
Local time is 17:47:37 05/15/13, system running for 664 minutes
12280MB physical memory installed, 9079MB available, 4095MB virtual memory installed, 26 percent of memory in use
PageFile usage: 31MB, Working Set: 22MB, Peak PageFile usage: 31MB,
Current display mode is 1920x1200x32, (Unknown graphics card)
IBM enhanced (101/102-key) keyboard and 16+ button mouse installed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stream Engine Initialization
GameName: MechWarrior Online
BuildTime: May 7 2013 14:10:34
Windows Error Reporting is enabled setting exception handler
Font initialization
Physics initialization
Sound initialization
<Sound> Initializing AudioDevice now!
<Sound> Initialize FMOD with dynamic memory callbacks
<Sound> Starting to initialize Windows Audio Session API output!
<Sound> Drivers found: 2
<Sound> Available drivers:
1. Speakers (Logitech G930 Headset)
2. Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
<Sound> FmodEx-AudioDevice: Now running on driver: Speakers (Logitech G930 Headset)
<Sound> Using speaker mode: FMOD_SPEAKERMODE_7POINT1
<Sound> Initializing FMOD-EX now!
<Sound> Initialized FMOD-EX
<Sound> Available record drivers: 0 Microphone (Logitech G930 Headset) !
<Sound> Record config is set to autodetect using record driver 0
<Sound> Using FMOD version: 00044004 and internal 00044004!
<Sound> Initializing SoundSystem now!
Renderer initialization
used GeomInstancingThreshold is 8
Localized language content(english) not available or modified from the original installation.
Localized language content(english) not available or modified from the original installation.
Network initialization
[net] using iocp socket io management
network hostname: Highlander
ip:192.168.1.103
[Network Version]: RELEASE PURE CLIENT
MovieSystem initialization
Console initialization
Time initialization
Input initialization
AI initialization
Initializing Animation System
Initializing 3D Engine
Initializing default materials...
Script System Initialization
Entity system initialization
Initializing AI System
[PlayerProfiles] Login of user 'Shawn' successful.
[PlayerProfiles] Found 2 profiles.
Profile 0 : 'Lugh'
Profile 1 : 'default'
[GameProfiles]: Successfully activated profile 'Lugh' for user 'Shawn'
Patch Complete Received
Patch Complete Received
Patch Complete Received
Patch Complete Received
============================ Loading level mechlab ============================
======== mechlab is loaded in 6.5 sec ========
could not free all buffers from CDevBufferMan!
UnLoadLevel End: 0.5 sec
Game rules class: Assault
============================ PrepareLevel alpinepeaks ============================
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1_fp.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf_fp.lmg
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
======== alpinepeaks is loaded in 22.6 sec ========
CHAT ALL- Lugh to No Pilot:
pine not al for I shall deliver the peaks unto you
CHAT ALL- Lugh to No Pilot:
I will believe that when I don't see it
CGameRules::OnDisconnect: Client has disconnected: cause=eDC_ProtocolError, desc=Remote disconnected: Received an ack for a packet newer than what we've sent (received 15579, at 15578); disconnecting
CGameClientChannel::Release
UnLoadLevel End: 1.1 sec
sv_gamerules = mechlab []
======== mechlab is loaded in 5.1 sec ========

First and last game today. So tired of this I was mid combat On the base trying to prevent a cap and this happens...
So not ready for prime time it isn't even funny anymore.

#73 Notick

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAvon, IN

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostDarokin Korin, on 13 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Every single game I've played tonight (7) I've received the Malformed Packet error and crashed to mech bay. I've disabled both my firewall and anti-virus. I've rebooted, reinstalled the client, bounced the cable modem/router, and run the binary with admin rights. Nothing I do on my client (outside of the binary) seems to have helped. The only thing I've noticed is that each crash seems to happen within 10 to 30 seconds of match start.

I shudder to think how much money I've already spent on MWO,and I'm hoping this is a temporary problem. I've had the same ISP since I first started playing. These crashes, at least the frequency of them, have been a recent phenomena. I would love to know what the root cause of this error is.

Pretty much the exact same crash issue myself - my Omicron also states a malformed packet, and the Repair tool doesn't change anything. I, however, have reformatted my PC three times in total, and still have this crash to 'MechLab issue and have had it since January.

#74 CyberWolf3769

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

Had a really bad crash just now. Required a logout of Windows 8, could not see task manager.

The game hasn't crashed this bad in a long time.

Log file:

======== mechlab is loaded in 6.5 sec ========
UnLoadLevel End: 1.3 sec
Game rules class: Assault
============================ PrepareLevel rivercity_night ============================
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1_fp.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf_fp.lmg
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
======== rivercity_night is loaded in 83.0 sec ========
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Runaway thread

#75 Monkeyclaw

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

EDIT : I have fixed the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the client. Still strange though!

I am crashing IMMEDIATELY upon mech lab load-in. It gets through "Connecting", then the next little thing spins saying "Loading" after part of the graphics have loaded in and my mechs are loading up, and then instead of all my mechs loading up and me being able to launch a game, it crashes instantly and cleanly with no error code. I have even restarted my computer, it is still crashing every time.

System Specs:
Q9650
Radeon HD 6970
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Creative X-FI ExtremeMusic
8GB RAM.

I have never had this issue before.

(EDIT: Fixed by reinstall)

Edited by Monkeyclaw, 15 May 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#76 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I am again crashing. I figured posting the Omicron and OmicronOnline files might help. Not really sure whats wrong.

Spoiler

Edit: I just attempted to play again. I used the repair tool and it still crashed. Repair tool again found no issues in the system. I also put the Omicron file info into spoilers so they don't take up a huge section of the post.

Spoiler

I have noticed both crashes have the same error information:

Spoiler

Edited by Butane9000, 15 May 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#77 Taron

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,180 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

Well, since the last Hotfix, most of the issues i had are gone, but there is still one annoying thing: That Textures bug at frozen city.

#78 BulzEye

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

After this last patch, I went from NO crashes to desktop to 4 today alone. Fix it. nuff said.

#79 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

I only experienced a CTD after an endgame, but besides this, it looks like there's no more hassle with the hud. Still I lose IFF when fully zooming but.. nevertheless.. Good Job, thanks for getting rid of the Hud issues! They were a plague!

#80 Radical eliminator

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

Was able to play two games, on the third when collecting players before start (pre-match), I got the dreadful fread error (i posted this earlier here) and that was this game for this week. Quality has to be stepped up for this game before I put serious time in it again.

I will be waiting...

Edited by Radical eliminator, 17 May 2013 - 03:19 AM.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users