- - - - -

Ui 2.0 - Feedback

1095 replies to this topic

#1081 Goose of Prey

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:53 PM

Allow me to add the Hard Point issue again. I can't find anywhere in UI2 that lets me see the Hard Points of the Mech I am about to buy. Add the fact they are not covered in the "Battlemechs" section of the "Game" tab, and you have just straight up incompetence.

Really, why would I buy a Hero mech (or any mech) in UI2 when I can't see what I'm getting?

#1082 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

Two April DEVELOPER updates and not even an honorable mention for anything to happen in UI2.0... what gives? If actions speak louder than words, then PGI lied to its consumers yet again.

#1083 Mylardis

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

View Post7ynx, on 12 April 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Two April DEVELOPER updates and not even an honorable mention for anything to happen in UI2.0... what gives? If actions speak louder than words, then PGI lied to its consumers yet again.

This.

I've been trying to badger them to say anything about our feedback on UI2.0. I failed.

For my part, I think official feedback threads are like panic rooms - they are there to make you feel better, not to actually use them.

I might be getting old, but not being able to actually read most things without craning my neck is really bad. Not even mentioning all the actual user experience design fails in the interface.

Offering a bet: Nothing major will be changed in that UI ever. Anyone betting against me?

#1084 Bilaz

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

This UI is terrible. Why make all important stuff so small and backwards? I spend couple of minutes looking for save configuration button - who was so smart and named this button same way as store button (and three times smaller)?
I get a feeling that all that was considered - how good this "UI" looks, not how useful it is to use. And it must be the other way around.

#1085 Gevatter T

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:39 AM

Incorporate hotkeys in UI 2.0.

Or at least give me bonus miles for my mouse movement.

Edit: Pleeeeease?

Edited by Gevatter T, 13 April 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#1086 Bilaz

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 05 March 2014 - 06:53 PM, said:

If you paid attention to the tweets preceding the one where that quote comes from, UI font scaling is on the way, and I sort of doubt he was referencing the current build anyway.

It is a little bit of a #FirstWorldProblem to complain about how hard the font is to read on your 60-inch TV from your recliner 15 feet away (even though I am having the same issue on my 40" screen sitting 10' away), but I'll be thankful for font-scaling. I don't think I can blame them for being caught off-guard that people would be playing this in a "living room" setup as compared to a more "traditional" desktop setup though.

Its not just font that is small - its small font and HUGE icons. Generic icons which tell me nothing but since they are huge and colorful they are all i see. So i have to struggle - just to see what i have to see and for what? so they can show me my mech model in hi-res? For me game is not about fancy mechanical dolls - its about mech warfare and being able to fit my mech as fast and as effortless is my top concern. And i get UI that is all about - "Look, its pretty" and functions like its made for torture.

It was so good when it was list of stuff - not its so horrible that its just pile of garbage. Then i knew that if i see ac-2 - then ac-20 is down. Likewise small laser is upwards from large. Here - i cant tell i have to look hard at huge icons with small font. awful.
Another point is double confirmations. God i hate this shit. Everything i do - i have to confirm twice. Do i want to buy this stuff - yes i do, do i want to save my configuration - yes, please, choose game type every time i press start - why? please redeem your achievement - ok - now confirm that redeeming process ended. And not getting "save it" button on screen that tells you that you gonna lose your changes if continued, just yes/no is just epic anti-ui.

#1087 Crimson Fenris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Not a word from Devs after 56 pages thread... as usual would I say.

Everytimes they change a major thing, and see they broke it because they're either too lazy or not competent enough to do something good, they let us rot like apples : after a while, they see the protest loose it strenght and consider all protesters are now used to the broken thing...

Very current move in all governments against contestation.
Not very respectful of users, and in the internet world, an incentive to hate and flame...

#1088 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

No UI improvements at all in the last two patches I see. What the new patches have given us is another hero mech, another champion mech and six new Phoenix mech variants (available for MC only in the first week!)

Could you be any more transparent?

#1089 Mylardis

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

View PostLindonius, on 15 April 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

No UI improvements at all in the last two patches I see. What the new patches have given us is another hero mech, another champion mech and six new Phoenix mech variants (available for MC only in the first week!)

Could you be any more transparent?

Badger them on Twitter. I tried and failed, perhaps you're more lucky. I don't even play more than 2-3 rounds an evening these days, and only with mechs I know exactly, since reading anything in this UI is just exhausting and not fun at all.

Just increasing the size of fonts already seems to be too hard for them to do (after claiming UI2.0 is the bottleneck delaying everything - one could argue it mainly delayed shelling out even more mechs to grab cash).

Edited by DasAmok, 16 April 2014 - 04:10 AM.

#1090 Lindonius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostDasAmok, on 16 April 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

(after claiming UI2.0 is the bottleneck delaying everything - one could argue it mainly delayed shelling out even more mechs to grab cash).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit:

On a side note I've just realised that this thread is no longer pinned. Is this because PGI consider UI 2.0 to be "finished"? *smirk*

Edited by Lindonius, 16 April 2014 - 07:44 PM.

#1091 MoonfireSpam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Wow logged in for the first time in about three months. Why is UI 2.0 so insanely hard to use? Takes a million clicks to change loadouts, and more fustratingly can't see what the overall loadout is on the mech.

Worse of all, I see half the screen taken up by a cool model of my mech, why not just put an overlay over it a la old skool UI that shows whats in each hardpoint?

Why are all the important numbers so tiny? Why make a mechlab that doesn't tell me hardpoint loadouts with minimal effort (like UI 1.6 did).

How can it have taken so long and be so un-intuitive to use? Comments like this were seen in the public testing feedback and I guess you ignored it?.

You know what, I'm going to play another game, because I seriously can't bear the thought of actually having to change the loadout of my mechs. Also my mind boggles at how long this took to come out and how bad it is.

Oh, and the thing crashed on closing, thanks. WIll drop by in another 4 months to see if anything is better.

Thought of the day - "Style over substance".

Edited by MoonfireSpam, 18 April 2014 - 05:19 PM.

#1092 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:22 AM

After a daily use of UI 2.0, I've learned to adapt to it and there were some good modifications meanwhile (that didn't even made to the patch notes). However, this is a still a very memory-based interface that requires lots of mental effort to use. We need to memorize where that hardpoint is, what engine I have, where did I left that module. That needs to be addresses.

The things I miss more from the old UI are the ability to hover the mech and see graphically where the hardpoints are and clicking on the parts to edit their loadout. That was pointed out in the first PTS, and we were told that would be an option in the near future.

Font size should be taken into consideration as well. I don't read anything from the stats as even some aren't even precise (weapon range, for instance). I use Smurfy's for that - and I have to.

#1093 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

pleaaaassseeee auto-refill consumables! 15-20 clicks to exit, reload, and ready up is nonsense.

#1094 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

In the mechbay,
When customizing mechs, you should have the body locations on the left as current, but put a filter on the inventory for energy, missile, ammo, equipment, engine, etc. It would be much better laid out I feel and prevent a player from selecting left arm, ammo, left leg ammo. Your selections are not currently persistent in the present design. I know that a filter option is built in to the new UI, so it should be relatively easy to make a change like this and still be consistent with the overall UI. You can easily red out any things that don't fit into the current body location.

#1095 Diomed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

I hate the new UI. I would rather have the old one back. It takes too many buttons to find out where your modules are. The loadout screen is filled with useless info, I would rather change my loadout from the 'mech details' screen where every body location is displayed with all carried equipment. I cannot quit from the hanger, I have to logout and then quit. The social tab is as bad as it was, no improvement there. I honestly cannot think of one thing I like about the new UI, just throw it in the garbage can.

#1096 Schmandwerk

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

I already posted but after today i say it again:
This UI is a reason to get fired.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users