May 7Th Patch And My Xbox 360 Controller

31 replies to this topic

#21 Tearz

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 12 May 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

Nice thinking Tearz, tell us if they respond to you!

Sorry for the hold up, received this:

Magius (MechWarrior® Online™)
May 13 14:02 (PDT)
Hello Tearz,
The problem you have encountered is a known issue and we hope to have it fixed soon. Just click the "Invert Throttle" key (default is numpad '.') and the inverted throttle will return to normal.
This ticket is now considered to be closed, however this does not mean that we consider the issue resolved as bugs are tracked in a separate database. You can reply to this mail if you have pertinent information to add and the ticket will be reopened. Thank you for contacting the MechWarrior® Online™ support.

Regards,
Magius
GameMaster
MechWarrior® Online™

#22 Bone Machine

• Pip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I'm having the exact same issue. For me, the game is unplayable, until this issue is fixed. I'm using a TV - wireless pad setup. Not only is my XBOX 360 controller's left stick force-mapped to throttle (in what universe does it make sense not to be able to alter these settings!?!?), also no matter what I do, button 2 (red) always toggles zoom mode etc.

Before the May 7 patch I was able to customize everything and the controller just worked. Now I haven't been able to play for a month. This is simply unacceptable level of crappiness.

#23 samethos

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationClearwater FL

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

another thing is they have the left and right triggers (L2 and R2 for you playstation gamers) recognized as one button, not even the correct button and it doesn't let you separate the two. they are recognized as j0_axis_Z which is supposed to be the left joystick button.

What is going on that is so hectic that the guy who was supposed be coding the controls made this many mistakes?

Edited by samethos, 25 May 2013 - 07:56 AM.

#24 Alopex

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Victoria, Australia

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostSoy, on 18 May 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

I have to judge it, I see those people on my team when I spectate!

I just tend to think that a more accurate and precise input system would probably lead to more success in achieving your goals more effectively, that'd probably be conducive to winning and having fun!

I'd like nothing more than to see people reach their potential, that's all.

Not trying to start ****... even though I basically am... all I can say is wait it out and see if they fix whatever control issues are bothering you guys, they eventually will...

Respectfully, I hear what you're saying Soy, though if competitive play is this crucial to you, there are plenty of competitive gaming communities built around MWO that would gladly have you on-board for 8 man drops.

Organizing a few matches over on the NGNG TS server is pretty easy and the competition is great. Some of the community-ran CW leagues (i.e. Proxis) have been very successful, and well worth the effort if that's what you're looking for.

If you're expecting everyone to bring their A-game, high-end hardware and peripherals to boot in PUG matches/4-man drops, then you probably need to alter those expectations. We joke around that playing with four random players on our team is occasionally like herding cats, but in the present state of the game, that's just what we have to work with sometimes.

Having the alternative available to us in the form of 8-man drops means that people can choose to play as they see fit in pug match-ups, and it seems unreasonable to criticize others for doing just that.

Personally, I look forward to having native 360 controller support for MWO. It's certainly a more comfortable way to play.

Edited by Alopex, 25 May 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#25 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

Actually, I much rather a 360 controller for first-person-shooters over a mouse and keyboard any day. But for MWO my razer products feel right for me. And that's what It's all about- What feels the best, Is the best solution for YOU.

I'm glad to hear that there are some people out there using the console controller. The new Xbox ONE (X1) controller looks pretty epic, I didn't think they could top the 360 controller as It Is one of the best and most comfortable controllers of all time. Glad they fixed the terrible D-Pad rotation disc to actual direction buttons.

Posted Image

Edit: Added picture

Edited by PoLaR, 25 May 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#26 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostAlopex, on 25 May 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Respectfully, I hear what you're saying Soy, though if competitive play is this crucial to you, there are plenty of competitive gaming communities built around MWO that would gladly have you on-board for 8 man drops.

Organizing a few matches over on the NGNG TS server is pretty easy and the competition is great. Some of the community-ran CW leagues (i.e. Proxis) have been very successful, and well worth the effort if that's what you're looking for.

If you're expecting everyone to bring their A-game, high-end hardware and peripherals to boot in PUG matches/4-man drops, then you probably need to alter those expectations. We joke around that playing with four random players on our team is occasionally like herding cats, but in the present state of the game, that's just what we have to work with sometimes.

Having the alternative available to us in the form of 8-man drops means that people can choose to play as they see fit in pug match-ups, and it seems unreasonable to criticize others for doing just that.

Personally, I look forward to having native 360 controller support for MWO. It's certainly a more comfortable way to play.

What does pugging and 8mans have to do with having more control over your interaction with the game.

I'm all for fun and I'm in a group, I don't even like the competitive scene cuz it isn't competitive and there's no incentive.

But yeah whatever floats your boat, if thats a controller, use that have fun; good luck fighting great players with better control schemes than you though, cuz you'll need it.

#27 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Kinda OT, but not really. If anyone is curious as to why an X-Box controller takes a back seat to a mouse for things like MWO, my long winded controls demystified(?) post covers the objective reasons. If you do read it and want to plug in for relevance, an X-Box controller falls into the category of first-order isometric spring loaded joystick.

Edited by Loc Nar, 15 June 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#28 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:22 AM

Does anyone know if they got this fixed yet?

#29 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

Does anyone know if they got this fixed yet?

Nope, aiming is still a zero-order application and first-order controllers are still at a disadvantage. Or are you talking about the technical difficulties of making it work at all? Pretty sure emulators get you past all that so you can get back to evaluating this control device on the merits of control ability itself.

Edited by Loc Nar, 15 June 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#30 BADOOLA

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

if anybody still cares I put the throttle and turning on the d-pad and torso twist on right stick.works pretty good

#31 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

Xbox 360 controller? Really? I bet the users of that controller also want 3PV?

(yes, an obvious troll)

All kidding aside, I've tried the thing and did not like it - made my hands hurt, so I'm using a Logi Extreme 3D Pro (right hand) and a Nostromo n52 (left hand - really just another kind of KB). Works fine for me and I can pad it with epoxy putty in the places that need it to fit my hands.

Throttle on the n52 d-pad for me as well

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 05 July 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#32 mo0x

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

hello there, i just found out about this game yesterday and rly liked playing it, so today after i woke up and beeing ill at the time i had the brilliant idea to set my xbox controller via xpadder up to play this game with only to realize the same problems everyone in this thread has. would have been nice playing this game while laying in my bed, the only thing i would need would be an option to clear keybindings...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users